Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrying the legacy on with a small change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying the legacy on with a small change.

Hello all.

I have reached out to John here. I offered the Yesfans.com domain name to him to use here. I wanted the domain to continue on for however longer it can go. I have seen it asked here about the old database from Yesfans.com. I did not get a clean backup which torched the info from the site. So sadly it will not be part of this site being Yesfans.com again.
    I think it can be a good thing in that things are fresh here, site does look great while still having the feel of the old site forum setup. I think some of the infighting that went on there between people to talk about the band is prob nice not to be hanging over the site like a rain cloud.
    Some are probably thinking right now, OH NO NOT HIM AGAIN. Please know that I have no money in this site, I gave the domain to John. I will have no hand in running it. If John ever needs help he knows I would help. But zero plans of me being anything but a member with some type of nod to me starting things back in 2001.
    I am sorry I can't give you all Yesfans.com back as it was but John has a great start here and I think things can grow back better.
    So in the next week you should see the change over. So if you hit this site and get nothing try www.yesfans.com.
    Last edited by 1yesfan; 06-23-2022, 01:58 PM.

Hello guys,

I welcomed the name update out of respect for Tim and the band's legacy, I believe in the long run it's the right thing to do

Tim was kind enough to transfer the domain name to me as a gift also out of respect for the yes legacy

Overall I don't think it's a big deal but hopefully will attract some more people because it's linked to the official yes page

I think we're good with everything as I am the new site owner and the new domain owner too, so all is well

I let Tim make the announcement because he deserves the acknowledgement of taking the first step

Hope all of you will stay on the site!

Thank you

John
    "We all gotta climb mountains!" - Jon Anderson 2003

Comment

Do we get to keep the psychadelic peacock? Have come quite attached to him. 🍻
      Last edited by Gilly Goodness; 06-23-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I'm sure he'll stick around

Comment

Yay!

Comment

My 2¢ worth: I'm pretty happy with the new domain name.

Just have the old one redirect here.

Comment

OK . Just noted the new masthead. Everyone happy? Great. Let's keep rollin'. Peacock retained. All is good. YES playin' knockout shows again.
              Work advanced on new album. Could it get any better?

Also Billy looks freed up onstage and with no f's left to give has emerged as the new force in the band. Jay is powerful. Geoff cool. Juano sublime and Steve ageless.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Yes-Royal-Albert-Hall-210622-005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	19877

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly Goodness View Post
                OK . Just noted the new masthead. Everyone happy? Great. Let's keep rollin'. Peacock retained. All is good. YES playin' knockout shows again.
                Work advanced on new album. Could it get any better?

Also Billy looks freed up onstage and with no f's left to give has emerged as the new force in the band. Jay is powerful. Geoff cool. Juano sublime and Steve ageless.

Click image for larger version Name:	Yes-Royal-Albert-Hall-210622-005.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	19877
                Second that Prog on!

Comment

Very glad to see this continuity and new coming together.

I am truly grateful to both Tim and John.

Comment

Oh cool! Hey, it’s less to type into the browser if I understand that correctly. John Vehadija when will the url change?

Comment

Sometime next week

Comment

Being a nitwit at all things Internet, I had to read the opening post twice to get it. It’s good news. So in a way John is carrying on Tim’s legacy. That’s something in keeping with Yes history. Good that Tim’s still around to be part of it.

BTW from the picture of Billy I understand we finally found Snowflower Elder.

Comment

My domain holder will do the transfer on the 28th. It takes like 5 days for it to go through. From there it's all John to finish and get it back to Yesfans.com

Comment

This is great news indeed! Thanks for passing the torch Tim and I look forward to kicking the tires on the new setup when it's ready. Thank you John for making it work!

Comment

Thank you, Tim, for releasing the site name, and for all the work that you put into the old site. I had many good times, there, and met some wonderful people. Thank you again!
                              When Yes is the answer, anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X