Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Yesfans.com to end the run later this year!

Re: Yesfans.com to end the run later this year!

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    Hello all

No real easy way to put this but to come straight out and announce that Yesfans.com will close in the coming months.
    This site in the current form has been around since 4/2001. Before that dating back to 1998 in various mailing list and Yahoo groups. So I have had 20 years of a lot of blood sweat and tears poured into this site with countless hours getting it up and going and keeping going. We have seen great times of large membership and folks traveling the world to meet new Yesfans. I will always be happy to know that this site brought so many people together. I will be happy to know that so many have carried on in being friends as a direct result of this site.
    Yesfans through the years has had the support of so many GREAT people. I will never forget you all. To all the West coast people that were here, Smatt getting me my first back stage tickets through Scottie (wow she made a great first impression :) ) to the East coast folks like Marge putting on yearly East coast gatherings, to Diane helping put together the 10th annv party in Nashville. I know I am leaving out a TON of folks but I do not want to go on and on. I do want to thank Scottie and the great late Chris Squire for being the friends you were, that was something I NEVER EVER expected from a site I started simply to get info on the band.
    Now on with the bad. With all that said all rides must come to an end. The site has managed for 18 years now but like most things YES is winding down (IMO), the site turning into crap slinging, bickering, divisiveness etc. I am no predictor of the future but I feel that with the many factors I see this site is quickly becoming a non factor in the YESWORLD. To be blunt, since Chris passing for me and many others that the changes have been too much and the ride is coming to a end, many it ended when Chris passed. I will not get into the debates of the bickering which has caused way to much ache for many, prob some in the band also. I can no longer in good faith continue this vehicle to that end.
    Other factors in this decision is the fact that FB is taking over the world, ha ha ha. This site is left with a small handful of members at best. I am one that feels it is better to go out on a good breeze then to go out with a fizzle.
    I will say that funding of the site through the last years has been an issue also. I never took money from anyone but fans willing to donate but that has came to a trickle in the last years but for a few, 2 people to be exact. Two times Chris and Scottie offered to cover it and I turned it down because I never wanted the band have say in what is posted here and that never happened. While I have had good folks donating through the years over the 18 years it has been me paying the way with great honor but with the direction the site is headed, FB, other factors it is just time to realize when the time is up.
    At this point I do not foresee the site changing hands, years ago I offered it to YESWORLD and was offered like 100 bucks for the domain name, nothing more so that writing was on the wall.
    Thanks again for everything, thanks to all the staff folks that helped me run the site through the years, you were important to the process.
    Thanks to all the membership that stuck around at diff times and made the site what it peaked out to be at diff times.
    At this point in the coming months the site will close (Nov?). Fee free to contact me at 1yesfanyes@gmail.com if you feel so. DO NOT use the contact us link on this site.

Love you all

Tim/1yesfan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9ySD4xOk4

Thanks Tim, and all YesFans.
    And we're all going somewhere,
    That which you are seeking, is causing you to seek !

Enoesque ?

I've only just realised he's gone !
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

Quote Originally Posted by OB1kenOB View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9ySD4xOk4

Thanks Tim, and all YesFans.
    And we're all going somewhere,
    The decision has been undone. Do try to keep up with the rest of us.....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    The decision has been undone. Do try to keep up with the rest of us.....
    Ooooh! Wow! I mean, what the...?

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread and haven't read all 12 pages...

Yesfans is saved?

SR Super Yesfan

One of my first comments here was something like: is the tall gizmo with wires on top of Keith Emerson's keyboards a la Brain Salad real or just look the part? One of the "lifers" here who acted like Yesfans was his personal basement, a keyboardist, let me have it right out of the gate. Well at least I know now it was Moog equipment. Other posters came to my defence saying "he's new" so cut him some slack. So the stream of consciousness that is is this thought is that I think people have left more because Yes has splintered than because of offending posts. Especially it seems some of the more serious musicians. Am I right? I miss Geoff's tough love. He should have Blogger on his list of credits. Tweeting isn't an instrument.

By the way I like the new tune Fragile and Trevor is a hell of a talent. Anderson should feel blessed to have someone that versatile and accomplished in his 2018 band and supporting a coloured sprinkle of new writing.

Okay then, let's do it, at least let's review it again in 2020 as Tim said.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherReal View Post
    One of my first comments here was something like: is the tall gizmo with wires on top of Keith Emerson's keyboards a la Brain Salad real or just look the part? One of the "lifers" here who acted like Yesfans was his personal basement, a keyboardist, let me have it right out of the gate. Well at least I know now it was Moog equipment. Other posters came to my defence saying "he's new" so cut him some slack. So the stream of consciousness that is is this thought is that I think people have left more because Yes has splintered than because of offending posts. Especially it seems some of the more serious musicians. Am I right? I miss Geoff's tough love. He should have Blogger on his list of credits. Tweeting isn't an instrument.

By the way I like the new tune Fragile and Trevor is a hell of a talent. Anderson should feel blessed to have someone that versatile and accomplished in his 2018 band and supporting a coloured sprinkle of new writing.
    That why yesfans is awesome..because you can talk about things like that here !!♡
    with love and wonder, denise

"We receive all we venture to give..."

I know I never left because of offensive posts. I find them humorous an an intiguing window into the human psyche.
    Everyone is so different...it's a cornucopia of interesting posts. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I cry . It's all part of life.

Ok, this thread prob can close now. :)
    Things learned on a personal level for me, the site remains as is.
    Help with donations to keep the site rocking and rolling would be helpful from you all if possible. Link to donate is...

http://www.yesfans.com/donations.htm

You can do a one time or sign up for recurring monthly.
    PM me if you want to donate via a diff way than Paypal.

Thanks all for all the great feedback in this thread.

Tim
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    Ok, this thread prob can close now. :)
    Things learned on a personal level for me, the site remains as is.
    Help with donations to keep the site rocking and rolling would be helpful from you all if possible. Link to donate is...

http://www.yesfans.com/donations.htm

You can do a one time or sign up for recurring monthly.
    PM me if you want to donate via a diff way than Paypal.

Thanks all for all the great feedback in this thread.

Tim
    Thanks Tim!
    You rock♡

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12