Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New album (s)

New album (s)

YesFeat - just do your thing. Quit messing around and devote the time necessay to get it done. Stop talking.

YesO- Strip it down. No electronic Keyboards. Steve should sit with Billy for large stretches of time and write. Jon needs to climb a mountain or take a vacation scuba diving and bring something new and fresh. Alan do your thing
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

Re: New album (s)

Agreed , agreed and if Jon D wants to go somewhere I would suggest a most beautiful spot on Earth, Kaua'i. If I knew how to do pics I would share. I just started my tour guide business here so would love to share Kaua'i with a Yes Man.
    Close To The Edge of a Topographical Ocean

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Kaua'i is so utterly gorgeous, I agree. It's my favorite of the Islands.
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SeeTheDesert View Post
    YesFeat - just do your thing. Quit messing around and devote the time necessay to get it done. Stop talking.
    Agreed. Lock yourselves in a recording studio with food, a bathroom, and some cots, and get the music recorded. Cardboard cutouts of sheep, pot, and LSD optional.

YesO- Strip it down. No electronic Keyboards. Steve should sit with Billy for large stretches of time and write. Jon needs to climb a mountain or take a vacation scuba diving and bring something new and fresh. Alan do your thing
    I'd actually like to see the next Yes Official album take a little bit of a harder rock and roll tact than recent albums. However, I'm willing to compromise- first half can be hard rock (By Yes standards), second half can be stripped down stuff from Steve and Billy's vacation and Juano's mountain climbing and scuba diving. Bonus points if some of the vocals can actually be recorded underwater and/or at the peak of a mountain. How's *that* for a gimmick on an album that might be called Horizons? Music from a mountain top and music from under the Topographic Oceans. :)

But, really, perfect world, I'd just like to see hard deadlines. It sounds like both bands need some sort of incentive to just get it done by a certain point instead of waiting for God knows what. If God knows what ever gets here, they can do another album and put that on it. Just keep it moving. Just do the process and record, release, and repeat for a while. Get everyone in the groove of working with each other and improve album by album and find this particular groups of men's optimal chemistry in a Yes context that way instead of just expecting Close to the Edge II to come to them.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar

Tony Kaye's Roland was one of the highlights of my Yes50 experience.
    Faux Speechless.

Suspended

*Shrugs* oh well i suppose what will be will be tho i'm holding on to hope for some lovely new Yes music its been to long too wait so far

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    Agreed. Lock yourselves in a recording studio with food, a bathroom, and some cots, and get the music recorded. Cardboard cutouts of sheep, pot, and LSD optional.

I'd actually like to see the next Yes Official album take a little bit of a harder rock and roll tact than recent albums. However, I'm willing to compromise- first half can be hard rock (By Yes standards), second half can be stripped down stuff from Steve and Billy's vacation and Juano's mountain climbing and scuba diving. Bonus points if some of the vocals can actually be recorded underwater and/or at the peak of a mountain. How's *that* for a gimmick on an album that might be called Horizons? Music from a mountain top and music from under the Topographic Oceans. :)

But, really, perfect world, I'd just like to see hard deadlines. It sounds like both bands need some sort of incentive to just get it done by a certain point instead of waiting for God knows what. If God knows what ever gets here, they can do another album and put that on it. Just keep it moving. Just do the process and record, release, and repeat for a while. Get everyone in the groove of working with each other and improve album by album and find this particular groups of men's optimal chemistry in a Yes context that way instead of just expecting Close to the Edge II to come to them.
    My idea of stripped down is just in layering and instruments. Since we've been sujected to FFH and H&E I've advocated for more muscle in the music myself. I think the two can coexist. In fact I think they comiment each other
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robin105 View Post
    *Shrugs* oh well i suppose what will be will be tho i'm holding on to hope for some lovely new Yes music its been to long too wait so far
    Sighs

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    Sighs
    Read the full user name before you start sighing

Yes featuring I want a mix of Talk and Tormato with a chunk of 90125’s power thrown in

Yes official I want a mix of Drama and the ladder with a bit of tales thrown in for good measures
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

Suspended

*shrugs* i guess they'll do what they wanna do either way either band it'll be great I'm sure

Two yesses so twice the enjoyment isn't it? Id love to here ARW do something like 90125 mixed with Tales so a 20 min version of a Changes type song would be great.

YesO - lets just have another FFH or H&E something on those lines

Mega Insane Yesfan

*shrugs* i guess they'll do what they wanna do either way either band it'll be great I'm sure

Two yesses so twice the enjoyment isn't it? Id love to here ARW do something like 90125 mixed with Tales so a 20 min version of a Changes type song would be great.

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

What’s better - shrugs or sighs? Two yesses reminds me of the old Doublemint gum commercials. Double your pleasure.

Last edited by josuev80; 1 Week Ago at 09:08 AM.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    *sighs* not sure why this is funny. Just my opinion. Oh well.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Read the full user name before you start sighing

Thats what i was thinking too. *sigh*

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

Shrug is more ARW, Sigh is more Yes, don't you think?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar's Palace View Post
    I think both can shrug and sigh i like both
    sometimes you can shrug and sigh at the same time and you get a *shrigh*

...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar's Palace View Post
    There's an album or song title in there, 'Shrug And A Sigh'. ??
    Sighberian Shrugtru??

As far as the OP,
    If they could muster up the kind of energy put into The Yes Album and put it together and create as a team, the results might be fun!

As said...just "shut up and play!"

👍👍
    Last edited by witeskyn7; 1 Week Ago at 08:26 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

SR Mega Yesfan

Rabin in latest interview: "the great thing about this [...] we've tried not to worry about putting pressure [...] let's just play and let it take us where it takes us. So that's how we've approached it. We're not looking too far into the future"

Unfortunately, I'm not hearing much about devoting the time necessary there.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

The issue here is neither hand is “pressured” to do anything and unlike Paul McCartney have no love of creating music so well it’s easier not to...

I still say I wouldn’t be surprised if we got something from both bands next year but who knows

We got one song from each this year. Maybe next year we will get 2 songs each lol
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    The issue here is neither hand is “pressured” to do anything and unlike Paul McCartney have no love of creating music so well it’s easier not to...

I still say I wouldn’t be surprised if we got something from both bands next year but who knows

We got one song from each this year. Maybe next year we will get 2 songs each lol
    McCartney’s incredible work ethic, vitality and creativity really puts things in perspective.
    “Love is bigger than anything in its way.”-U2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast