Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

  1. #1
    New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,470
    Rep Power
    107374411

    Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Well there was nothing on the television so i went into the garage and pulled out my music DVD collection.
    The vast majority were YES . Different eras , differrent lineups , different songs .
    But what should i play . What had a not played for so long , A bit of a rarity .
    Well YES official are touring with Moraz next year . Ok so what have i got for that lineup .
    Ah YES gates from QPR volume 2 , I will play that , so i did .
    The sheer raw enery of the guys from 1975 blew me away , totally blew me away .
    Alan White well what can i say , long hair thrashing his head back and forth , like animal off the Muppet show
    Jon Anderson in his smock , trying the grow a beard , but his vocals , wow , Quality , Brilliant
    Chris Squire broght me to tears , I had met him a few months before his passing and here he is in his prime , majestic powerful bass playing
    And then Steve Howe , flowing hair with that Gibson and the twin neck , what a player , so quick , so powerful
    And you and I , Ritual , Roundabout and Sweet Dreams played wonderfully
    Moraz's keyboards were in his own style but he played wonderfully .
    And then i thought about the changes in lineup up until then and what a change , what a progression since 1968
    We go from beyond and before to pure prog with Ritual
    YES at their peak from 71 and the years that followed until 79
    How lucky we are to have them
    No other music compares to YES music in all it's different lineups and changes
    I have to say even today , with the two bands
    Just enjoy it
    Don't compare
    Don't fight
    Just be thankful for all the 50 years
    Last edited by sherwoodfish1; 1 Week Ago at 04:47 AM.





  2. #2
    Mega Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,208
    Rep Power
    107374431

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Sentiments I might well have shared, broadly speaking, forty years ago, but what Yes did for me was provide the impetus for a musical journey of my own which, aside from any reverence I might still have, which is negligible, led me to appreciate that there is an enormous amount of musics to be encountered and enjoyed. Without Yes I may well not have found that out, or at least taken a different, perhaps longer, route to it. Now I find there is a wealth of musics available to me that I enjoy at least as much as any Yesmusic, and in some cases rather more so these days.

  3. #3
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Do I dare post here......

    Meh why not.

    I am extremely appreciative of yes. And unlike some other bands their setlist have been so unique that I have now seen at least 1 song from every album except 3 (talk Open Your Eyes and Keys 1) but beyond that I have enjoyed a ton of quality music I don’t agree with everything the band has done

    No new album yet
    No modern masterworks tour yet
    Doing Going for the one instead of Fly from here for the third album
    Not doing Yes Fly from here the ladder and time and a word in full yet

    Etc


    But I have so many great tours so many great albums I am happy
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  4. #4
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    I think their an amazing band and they've given me many years of pleasure. Their hasn't been a band like them and Im grateful that they're still on the road so lots to be thankful for.

  5. #5
    Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy cows come from California.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,924
    Rep Power
    107374859

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    I'm not going to tell anyone what to think or how to feel but I imagine anyone who posts here on a regular basis does appreciate Yes. Deeply. Immensely. Passionately. A thousand facets of a brilliant moment in time when you first stepped into the dream.
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

    https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Silly human race. maninthemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gloucester County, New Jersey, USA
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,787
    Rep Power
    107374867

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    I'm not going to tell anyone what to think or how to feel but I imagine anyone who posts here on a regular basis does appreciate Yes. Deeply. Immensely. Passionately. A thousand facets of a brilliant moment in time when you first stepped into the dream.
    I can’t add much to this. I may not like everything they do, but there’s no one else like them. Kinda like family.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Progresssive fragressive! Frankly my dear I don't give a damn about progressive."
    — Lady Camphire, August 4, 2015

  7. #7
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somewhere high-fiving bonobos
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    Well there was nothing on the television so i went into the garage and pulled out my music DVD collection.
    The vast majority were YES . Different eras , differrent lineups , different songs .
    But what should i play . What had a not played for so long , A bit of a rarity .
    Well YES official are touring with Moraz next year . Ok so what have i got for that lineup .
    Ah YES gates from QPR volume 2 , I will play that , so i did .
    The sheer raw enery of the guys from 1975 blew me away , totally blew me away .
    Alan White well what can i say , long hair thrashing his head back and forth , like animal off the Muppet show
    Jon Anderson in his smock , trying the grow a beard , but his vocals , wow , Quality , Brilliant
    Chris Squire broght me to tears , I has met him a few months before his passing and here he is in his prime , majestic powerful bass playing
    And then Steve Howe , flowing hair with that Gibson and the twin neck , what a player , so quick , so powerful
    And you and I , Ritual , Roundabout and Sweet Dreams played wonderfully
    Moraz's keyboards were in his own style but he played wonderfully .
    And then i thought about the changes in lineup up until then and what a change , what a progression since 1968
    We go from beyond and before to pure prog with Ritual
    YES at their peak from 71 and the years that followed until 79
    How lucky we are to have them
    No other music compares to YES music in all it's different lineups and changes
    I have to say even today , with the two bands
    Just enjoy it
    Don't compare
    Don't fight
    Just be thankful for all the 50 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Sentiments I might well have shared, broadly speaking, forty years ago, but what Yes did for me was provide the impetus for a musical journey of my own which, aside from any reverence I might still have, which is negligible, led me to appreciate that there is an enormous amount of musics to be encountered and enjoyed. Without Yes I may well not have found that out, or at least taken a different, perhaps longer, route to it. Now I find there is a wealth of musics available to me that I enjoy at least as much as any Yesmusic, and in some cases rather more so these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin105 View Post
    I think their an amazing band and they've given me many years of pleasure. Their hasn't been a band like them and Im grateful that they're still on the road so lots to be thankful for.
    Agree with all the above sentiments.
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

  8. #8
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somewhere high-fiving bonobos
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Do I dare post here......

    Meh why not.

    I am extremely appreciative of yes. And unlike some other bands their setlist have been so unique that I have now seen at least 1 song from every album except 3 (talk Open Your Eyes and Keys 1) but beyond that I have enjoyed a ton of quality music I don’t agree with everything the band has done

    No new album yet
    No modern masterworks tour yet
    Doing Going for the one instead of Fly from here for the third album
    Not doing Yes Fly from here the ladder and time and a word in full yet

    Etc


    But I have so many great tours so many great albums I am happy
    So your idea of appreciation is asking for more? Methinks you don't understand the concept very goodly. :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

  9. #9
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somewhere high-fiving bonobos
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    I'm not going to tell anyone what to think or how to feel but I imagine anyone who posts here on a regular basis does appreciate Yes. Deeply. Immensely. Passionately. A thousand facets of a brilliant moment in time when you first stepped into the dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemoon View Post
    I can’t add much to this. I may not like everything they do, but there’s no one else like them. Kinda like family.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two brilliant responses from two brilliant people. Nice! :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

  10. #10
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,998
    Rep Power
    107374934

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto Goldstein View Post
    Two brilliant responses from two brilliant people. Nice! :-)
    Agree and especially with the OP, oh, and you too Tonto... Viva YES!!! Sombrero's around!


  11. #11
    dreamland crotale2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda
    Posts
    12,492
    Rep Power
    107375057

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Regardless of what album and who is in or out of the band, we all sail the topographic ocean together, and are blessed with such great and diverse styles of music to listen too.



    and as a band and a fan base, we are a special bunch... a shining diamond in the realm of the rock and roll world.

    there will always be something special about Yes... forever...

    still undefined

  12. #12
    Founder/Owner 1yesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Age
    50
    Posts
    17,205
    Rep Power
    107375361

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Can another Masterworks tour be done? Since that tour they have played about every MASTERWORK they have. I don't think what that tour was then can be matched now in terms of songs that can be played now that has not been already. Follow? I don't. ha ha ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Do I dare post here......

    Meh why not.

    I am extremely appreciative of yes. And unlike some other bands their setlist have been so unique that I have now seen at least 1 song from every album except 3 (talk Open Your Eyes and Keys 1) but beyond that I have enjoyed a ton of quality music I don’t agree with everything the band has done

    No new album yet
    No modern masterworks tour yet
    Doing Going for the one instead of Fly from here for the third album
    Not doing Yes Fly from here the ladder and time and a word in full yet

    Etc


    But I have so many great tours so many great albums I am happy
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

  13. #13
    dreamland crotale2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda
    Posts
    12,492
    Rep Power
    107375057

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    For me this would be a cool show...

    1. opening-firebird into close encounters
    2. The Ancient
    3. Gates of Delirium
    4. close to the edge
    5. mind drive
    6. Fly from here
    7. endless dream
    8. The remembering

    encore- arriving ufo & Starship trooper


    just dreaming....
    Last edited by crotale2112; 1 Week Ago at 03:41 PM.

    still undefined

  14. #14
    Founder/Owner 1yesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Age
    50
    Posts
    17,205
    Rep Power
    107375361

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    No dreams allowed here. :)
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

  15. #15
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,998
    Rep Power
    107374934

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    For me this would be a cool show...

    1. opening-firebird into close encounters
    2. The Ancient
    3. Gates of Delirium
    4. close to the edge
    5. mind drive
    6. Fly from here
    7. endless dream
    8. The remembering

    encore- arriving ufo & Starship trooper


    just dreaming....
    The Ancient !!! Really like to hear Future Times/Rejoice, Sound Chaser, To Be Over, and Wonderlove, also.

  16. #16
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto Goldstein View Post
    So your idea of appreciation is asking for more? Methinks you don't understand the concept very goodly. :-)
    I love everything they did and will enjoy the future
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  17. #17
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somewhere high-fiving bonobos
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I love everything they did and will enjoy the future
    There ya go! :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

  18. #18
    New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,470
    Rep Power
    107374411

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    No dreams allowed here. :)
    Lol , we wont take any notice ha ha

  19. #19
    Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Somewhere high-fiving bonobos
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    No dreams allowed here. :)
    Dreams are said to blossom courage constant to the soul...don't ya know? Not really sure what that means, but it might be instructive. :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

    Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

  20. #20
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Why we should be so appreciative of YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto Goldstein View Post
    So your idea of appreciation is asking for more? Methinks you don't understand the concept very goodly. :-)
    Did you not read the beginning and end of the post

    Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    Can another Masterworks tour be done? Since that tour they have played about every MASTERWORK they have. I don't think what that tour was then can be matched now in terms of songs that can be played now that has not been already. Follow? I don't. ha ha ha
    There are a bunch of masterworks that haven’t been played live in either a long time or ever

    My ideal set for a modern masterworks tour (note not all songs will be modern or masterworks)

    Firebird Suite
    New state of mind
    That that is
    I’ve seen all good people
    Siberian khatru
    Mind Drive
    Bring me to the power
    Fly from here
    Does it really happen
    Perpetual change
    Encore
    Roundabout
    Starship trooper


    Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    For me this would be a cool show...

    1. opening-firebird into close encounters
    2. The Ancient
    3. Gates of Delirium
    4. close to the edge
    5. mind drive
    6. Fly from here
    7. endless dream
    8. The remembering

    encore- arriving ufo & Starship trooper

    just dreaming....

    Swap arriving ufo with run through the light and I am on board

    Though a whole tour without roundabout will be odd
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •