Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: YES FEAT. ARW: September 3, 2018...Levitt Pavillion, Denver

Yesfan

YES FEAT. ARW: September 3, 2018...Levitt Pavillion, Denver

Ahhhh....another great show by Jon, Trevor and Rick last evening! Levitt Pavillion is an outdoor venue, within Ruby Hill Park in Denver. I believe it was just built/opened last year (2017) and it didn't disappoint. We had 5th row seats, dead center....the stage literally started right on row #1, so visibility of all the members of the band was stellar. The sound, to me, was spot on....I could easily hear backing harmonies very clearly, and felt everyone was well represented. Yes, the setlist was the same....Yes, there were a few "hiccups", like when Trevor blew some lyrics in Lift Me Up (I mean, they were totally made up for a line or 2, something about a "haircut".... Lol).... But hey, it happens to the best of us once in a while, and it made for a lighthearted moment watching Rick roll his eyes slightly at Jon, and Trevor, trying to figure out if he was going to get back on track. Which he did, of course....as all great musicians can, and do. Loved the lighting and effects....loved the big screen to the right of the stage.....and most of all, still, totally amazed at how Jon captivates the audience with his presence, and that voice. Here's hoping somehow....someway....they will continue to tour (in whatever capacity that will be moving forward), as I am so grateful to have seen them yet again.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Re: YES FEAT. ARW: September 3, 2018...Levitt Pavillion, Denver

Maybe Trevor forgot he wasn't playing the game during LMU, lol.

So when did it get dark there? I was looking at Instagram last night and it looked like the show started when it was still light outside.
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AvianGal2 View Post
    Ahhhh....another great show by Jon, Trevor and Rick last evening! Levitt Pavillion is an outdoor venue, within Ruby Hill Park in Denver. I believe it was just built/opened last year (2017) and it didn't disappoint. We had 5th row seats, dead center....the stage literally started right on row #1, so visibility of all the members of the band was stellar. The sound, to me, was spot on....I could easily hear backing harmonies very clearly, and felt everyone was well represented. Yes, the setlist was the same....Yes, there were a few "hiccups", like when Trevor blew some lyrics in Lift Me Up (I mean, they were totally made up for a line or 2, something about a "haircut".... Lol).... But hey, it happens to the best of us once in a while, and it made for a lighthearted moment watching Rick roll his eyes slightly at Jon, and Trevor, trying to figure out if he was going to get back on track. Which he did, of course....as all great musicians can, and do. Loved the lighting and effects....loved the big screen to the right of the stage.....and most of all, still, totally amazed at how Jon captivates the audience with his presence, and that voice. Here's hoping somehow....someway....they will continue to tour (in whatever capacity that will be moving forward), as I am so grateful to have seen them yet again.

thanks for the review

I agree what you say about Anderson and his presence , for me nobody has ever been able to replace it and never will be able to do so , JD is doing and BD ( in the beginning) did a great job with the vocals, JD has grown into a fine frontman and I look forward to seeing and hearing JD's performance of Relayer but for me Anderson will always be my first choice vocalist and frontman as he just takes a Yesshow to a level that nobody else can ever do .
    Musically I have the same feeling when Howe plays compared to Rabin , oh if only we could see and hear JA and SH live on the same stage just one more time

as Roger Hodgson would say
    " dreamer, you know you are a dreamer '

we all have dreams

Yesfan

Gates opened at 5pm....concert was scheduled for a 7pm start, but they came on at 7:15 pm. The skies all day were kinda threatening, but not a single drop of rain, and the sun broke thru when we arrived about 5:30 pm. Beautiful late summer concert evening....beautiful show!

Those clouds were EPIC! I can see why y'all thought it might rain.

Now see, that's more like them...our show started precisely at 8pm and I was, like, "Whoa, they must have been told they were going to be fined if they were late!"
    - Mr. Poms

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

oh if only we could see and hear JA and SH live on the same stage just one more time 
    I absolutely believe, 150%, that scenario will happen, and a lot sooner than you think. In fact I have money on it, and everything, *everything *, is falling nicely into place to make that happen.
    Possessio is nine-tenths of the word.

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

That would be great, but failing that, it would still be nice if one day they rekindled their friendship.

...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I absolutely believe, 150%, that scenario will happen, and a lot sooner than you think. In fact I have money on it, and everything, *everything *, is falling nicely into place to make that happen.
    That would be EXCELLENT!

Howe ever.... I have come to believe that it will never happen.

99.5% certain.

(Ok...ok... I will leave it @ a .5% of hope that they do reunite.)😉
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

Who's drumming ?
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

I don't see that happening either. At least YesO will hopefully have Moraz for the Relayer tour.
    "Let me correct you on a few things. Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not “Every Man for Himself”. And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked ’em up."

Thank you so very much for this great description of your experience.

Thank You so much for the review.
    Close To The Edge of a Topographical Ocean

Here's a link to download the show from Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=629960
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Every show has been uploaded to Sugarmegs as well, just sayin.'
    - Mr. Poms

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Possessio is nine-tenths of the word.

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Really enjoyed that take of roundabout , they still look happy together , not from the hugs n stuff thats pre scripted but just watching then interact during the song

lots of people wondering if the band will just fizzle out , I am not so sure unless of course Relayerone is right with his prediction of the of the world of Yes future is correct .

I just have that feeling this could be it for ARW. Unless the album is coming together with music they like, if not they don't tour again. They have came out saying that more or less they don't like the long tours. Rick has his small gig stuff he does and is very happy with. JA has the Stolt album stuff to maybe tour and follow up with, has that HANDS album, he is set and trevor is going back to what he likes to do. I think they did what they wanted, enjoy each other playing YES stuff in that set of guys and prob will move on.
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

...seems like Rick already wanted to go to the bridge part after the first chorus (around the 2:10 mark), and Trevor sort of brought him back to were he was supposed to be, then walking over to Rick and laughing about it.....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    ...seems like Rick already wanted to go to the bridge part after the first chorus (around the 2:10 mark), and Trevor sort of brought him back to were he was supposed to be, then walking over to Rick and laughing about it.....
    That's exactly what happened....lolol.....one of those "hiccups" I referred to earlier in my original post. I must say though, that they are very quick and professional about getting back to business, in a very fun way.

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

That's exactly what happened....lolol.....one of those "hiccups" I referred to earlier in my original post. I must say though, that they are very quick and professional about getting back to business, in a very fun way.
    Beats the Steve Howe scowl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast