Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

  1. #21
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    9,998
    Rep Power
    107374934

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Wow, with Horn on bass and Ferrone on drums, that's going to be be pretty cool!!

    Those 2 should form a band after this... with Deborah Anderson, Jimmt Haun, and Oliver Wakeman.

  2. #22
    SR Super Yesfan
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,690
    Rep Power
    107374673

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    [QUOTE=sherwoodfish1;2836061]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrunt View Post
    Not in the least bit like Derek & the Dominoes without Eric.
    They are not Dire Straits.
    They don't claim to be Dire Straits.
    Their website explains perfectly clearly what they are doing.
    They are Dire Straits Legacy.


    The cap wearing Don chap does have a fair point , I find it odd that there is no Mark Knopfler
    But anyway a good pension top up for them all IMO
    Well look what Carl Palmer is doing, what Nick Mason is doing and Gary Green is doing. All quality legacy projects.

  3. #23
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Power
    107374501

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrunt View Post
    Not in the least bit like Derek & the Dominoes without Eric.
    They are not Dire Straits.
    They don't claim to be Dire Straits.
    Their website explains perfectly clearly what they are doing.
    They are Dire Straits Legacy.


    The cap wearing Don chap does have a fair point , I find it odd that there is no Mark Knopfler
    But anyway a good pension top up for them all IMO
    Not to distract from the Horn YES connection...

    Only one person in DSL (the keyboardist Alan Clarke) has been an actual member of Dire Straights, 2 others were session musicans on albums and or tours. Note Clarke was also on every album

    This would be the same as a hypothetical band called YES Legacy that had one full member of YES (from every album) + a couple of session players from say AWBH and tour

    That said I have no issue with what DSL are and are doing and I like most Dire Straights music

  4. #24
    Insane Yesfan ragtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    107374412

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by xlink_nz View Post
    Not to distract from the Horn YES connection...

    Only one person in DSL (the keyboardist Alan Clarke) has been an actual member of Dire Straights, 2 others were session musicans on albums and or tours. Note Clarke was also on every album

    This would be the same as a hypothetical band called YES Legacy that had one full member of YES (from every album) + a couple of session players from say AWBH and tour

    That said I have no issue with what DSL are and are doing and I like most Dire Straights music
    Alan Clark (no 'e') was not on the first three albums (Dire Straits, Communqué, Making Movies). They had no keyboard player before 1980 when Clark joined. He was on all three albums (Love Over Gold, Brothers In Arms, On Every Street) they made after that.
    Universe University

  5. #25
    Insane Yesfan Laddr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kaua'i
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    107374386

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    [QUOTE=EtherReal;2836130]
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post

    Well look what Carl Palmer is doing, what Nick Mason is doing and Gary Green is doing. All quality legacy projects.
    We don't have to look too far or hard to call either Yes in the same boat with no new Music
    Close To The Edge of a Topographical Ocean

  6. #26
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Power
    107374501

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by ragtime View Post
    Alan Clark (no 'e') was not on the first three albums (Dire Straits, Communqué, Making Movies). They had no keyboard player before 1980 when Clark joined. He was on all three albums (Love Over Gold, Brothers In Arms, On Every Street) they made after that.
    Thank you for that correction - I even have the 1st album so I should have realised that it has no keys!

    That makes my hypotetical YES Legacy comparsion even easier sine it wouldn't require someone from every YES album

  7. #27
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    [QUOTE=Laddr;2836170]
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherReal View Post

    We don't have to look too far or hard to call either Yes in the same boat with no new Music
    Uhm Don’t take no for an answer and Fragile say hi
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  8. #28
    ˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,475
    Rep Power
    107374772

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Wow, Dire Straits AND Trevor Horn? You'd have to be pretty darn wealthy to pay me enough to go to something like that hahaha
    Possessio is nine-tenths of the word.

    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

  9. #29
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    Wow, Dire Straits AND Trevor Horn? You'd have to be pretty darn wealthy to pay me enough to go to something like that hahaha
    What if they do all of relayer
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  10. #30
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    107374391

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    The topic title gave me false hope that the Trevor Horn Band was touring the US. However I would love to see this show but I live too far away.

  11. #31
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,324
    Rep Power
    107374501

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by Reflections View Post
    The topic title gave me false hope that the Trevor Horn Band was touring the US. However I would love to see this show but I live too far away.
    Well the thread title would have been better if it said 'Dire Straits Legacy band featuring Trevor Horn touring US'

    There is a reason the band don't even call themselves Dire Straits because it is not Dire Straits but the music of Dire Straits
    Last edited by xlink_nz; 6 Days Ago at 06:24 PM.

  12. #32
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,816
    Rep Power
    107375224

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by xlink_nz View Post
    Well the thread title would have been better if it said 'Dire Straits Legacy band featuring Trevor Horn touring US'

    There is a reason the band don't even call themselves Dire Straits because it is not Dire Straits but the music of Dire Straits
    The original music is quite good
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  13. #33
    Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chichen Itza
    Posts
    4,715
    Rep Power
    107374679

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    The original music is quite good
    Maybe they will play 90125 for you.

  14. #34
    Mega Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,208
    Rep Power
    107374431

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    Maybe they will play 90125 for you.
    I suppose it is a bit Dire.....

  15. #35
    Insane Yesfan ragtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,872
    Rep Power
    107374412

    Re: Trevor Horn- US Tour Dates with Dire Straits

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    The original music is quite good

    I love the Dire Straits albums and Knopfler's guitar work on them. His early solo albums are good too, but to my ears the recent ones have gradually started to all sound the same.
    Universe University





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •