Google

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Relayer in 2019 with Patrick Moraz !!

Yesfan

Relayer in 2019 with Patrick Moraz !!

Excellent performance by Patrick Moraz at the Sellersville Theater 1894 in Sellersville Pennsylvania. I stuck around after the show for the Meet & Greet. Patrick has a great sense of humor. He happened to let it slip out that Yes will be performing Relayer during 2019 and that he (PM) will be touring with the band. Awesome!! He also mentioned that his solo albums will be released during 2019 on Cherry Red Records from the U.K.
    Last edited by yesfan72; 08-06-2018 at 04:48 AM.

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Re: Relayer in 2019 with Patrick Moraz !!

Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by yesfan72 View Post
    Excellent performance by Patrick Moraz at the Sellersville Theater 1894 in Sellersville Pennsylvania. I stuck around after the show for the Meet & Greet. Patrick has a great sense of humor. He happened to let it slip out that Yes will be performing Relayer during 2019 and that he (PM) will be touring with the band. Awesome!! He also mentioned that his solo albums will be released during 2019 on Cherry Red Records from the U.K.
    -----
    paul
    -----

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by yesfan72 View Post
    Thanks for bringing us this news. Did you get a sense from Patrick as to how secure these plans were? All nailed down? Or something he'd like to do and they're talking about?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Well if that is indeed the case, then consider the tickete bought (that is if the tour hits Europe ).
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Well if that is indeed the case, then consider the tickete bought (that is if the tour hits Europe ).
    And I'll be attending the American tour if it happens. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but if it comes to pass, that's a must see event.
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

If this is true (and untill I see a press release I am questioning everything) two points

First the negative point
    1. It does slightly sadden me that Geoff won’t be able to put his spin on relayer I personally enjoyed his spin on all the other albums he did (The Yes Album Fragile Close To The Edge 1/2 of tales and Going for the one respectively) I get many and I guess including Howe have this strange obsession with trying to get as close to the album as possible including who originally played on it but for me meh I want the current lineup to tackle Relayer

Now the positive
    2. Geoff had said he doubts they will do Tormato in full soon so he question becomes what would be the second album? The other half of Tales, Time and a word, 90125 lol

We will see if and when this happens but if I was Geoff he only way I would agree to being sidelined on Relayer Live was if we had a new album out and if I got to pick the second album we would be touring in conjunction with Relayer.
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    If this is true (and untill I see a press release I am questioning everything) two points

First the negative point
    1. It does slightly sadden me that Geoff won’t be able to put his spin on relayer I personally enjoyed his spin on all the other albums he did (The Yes Album Fragile Close To The Edge 1/2 of tales and Going for the one respectively) I get many and I guess including Howe have this strange obsession with trying to get as close to the album as possible including who originally played on it but for me meh I want the current lineup to tackle Relayer

Now the positive
    2. Geoff had said he doubts they will do Tormato in full soon so he question becomes what would be the second album? The other half of Tales, Time and a word, 90125 lol

We will see if and when this happens but if I was Geoff he only way I would agree to being sidelined on Relayer Live was if we had a new album out and if I got to pick the second album we would be touring in conjunction with Relayer.
    I think Downes may be more cooperative then you would be were you him! He seems perfectly happy to share keyboard duties. He'll still be playing the majority of the concert.

And does there have to be a second full album? I know they've usually done two at a time, but there's no reason they have to.

Henry

UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I think Downes may be more cooperative then you would be were you him! He seems perfectly happy to share keyboard duties. He'll still be playing the majority of the concert.

And does there have to be a second full album? I know they've usually done two at a time, but there's no reason they have to.

Henry
    Henry is always right. Yes will play Relayer next year and Patrick will be involved....place your bets folks...I am happy to be wrong.

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2001 View Post
    Henry is always right. Yes will play Relayer next year and Patrick will be involved....place your bets folks...I am happy to be wrong.
    I'm not saying it will happen! There's many a slip betwixt cup and lip, and Moraz has had many slips when it comes to tour plans in recent years.

Henry

Fantastic news ! Couldn't be better imho.

Geoff sharing duties on Relayer with Pat is great - certainly a huge plus, and I would've been thrilled anyway.

Pat better do outside America too !
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

:)

They could both have a go of Awaken too... that piano intro always struck me as Rick's answerback to the start of soundchaser.
    I saw Geoff get some flak for his version of the intro but I always thought he nailed it, in his own style. I imagine that there are a few early GFTO demos with Moraz over them...

Getting Over Overhanging Trees cerulean's Avatar

Superb news, thanks for sharing. Agree with Henry there might not necessarily be a second full album, but if there is, Tormato would be excellent.

werd Re: Relayer in 2019 with Patrick Moraz !!

Quote Originally Posted by RelayerI View Post
    Fantastic news ! Couldn't be better imho.

Geoff sharing duties on Relayer with Pat is great - certainly a huge plus, and I would've been thrilled anyway.

Pat better do outside America too !
    Well it is not news...nothing has been announced. I think it will happen next year, but this is YES and you never know what will happen.

For the love of Yes, Relayer with Patrick is a no brainier. Multiple tickets sold if PM’s on the European Tour here.
    Would be great to have Patrick open for Yes with some solo gr@nd piano yes and solo stuff so we can get back to those venerable 3hr gigs of old!!

Quote Originally Posted by tumnus View Post
    :)

They could both have a go of Awaken too... that piano intro always struck me as Rick's answerback to the start of soundchaser.
    I saw Geoff get some flak for his version of the intro but I always thought he nailed it, in his own style. I imagine that there are a few early GFTO demos with Moraz over them...
    Moraz Awaken intro 'repurposed' :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LI0K-b6nc3o

Awaken early version - possibly with Moraz:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=plfIcNpehUw

And a little reading :

https://www.innerviews.org/inner/moraz.html
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

Cool! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dantalion90125 View Post
    For the love of Yes, Relayer with Patrick is a no brainier. Multiple tickets sold if PM’s on the European Tour here.
    Would be great to have Patrick open for Yes with some solo gr@nd piano yes and solo stuff so we can get back to those venerable 3hr gigs of old!!
    Wellglad to hear your enthusiasm, but Yes is a business and ongoing touring band..they now have a finite audience of mostly 35 plus predominantly males. So actually playing Relayer next year makes complete sense. My 13 year old daughter who likes the yesmusic will be dragged along...it is for her own good.

My hovercraft is full of eels Grey Wolf's Avatar

IF this happens it should be great. Hope it does.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    What, me worry?

Super Mega Yesfan popeyebonaparte's Avatar

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is true, I cannot wait. Please please please bring this to the UK!!!
    Peace, love, long live rock n roll

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast