Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Yes 50 Tour is Over, What's Next For Yes Official?

The Yes 50 Tour is Over, What's Next For Yes Official?

Yes Official just finished a very successful tour of Europe and the United States, celebrating it's 50th anniversary as a band. They played a series of great shows, with excellent performers, including current members of the band and some old friends, and did the anniversary justice from a concert touring perspective.

So, what's next? Do their schedules permit them to head into the studio? Any chance? I know that many of them have music they've been working on. It's been a while since the last album. It'd be nice to hear more new Yes music.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Re: The Yes 50 Tour is Over, What's Next For Yes Official?

So they're not doing any more touring this year at all?
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    I don't see any other tour dates listed on their website, and they've hit their two main market areas already this year. I guess they could throw something together touring wise for Asia and the Pacific or South America, but nothing has been announced as of yet. They were in Japan with two sides of Tales and YesSongs (The Japanese promoters didn't want Drama) not terribly long ago, probably the last tour before the most recent European tour that proceeded the American tour that just concluded, I think.

It seems like the perfect time to record a new album, if commitments to other bands don't preclude it. Asia (the band, as opposed to the continent referenced in the previous paragraph) was talking about maybe doing some touring this fall, but that doesn't seem to have come together. DBA has a one-off show. I'm not sure what Steve Howe, Billy Sherwood, Jon Davison, Alan White, and Jay Schellen have on the agenda, if anything, or what Geoff Downes might have on the agenda other than the DBA show.

They all deserve some rest and relaxation, of course, but that doesn't preclude doing a new album as well. If I know Sherwood, he'll in the studio doing something- whether it's a Yes album or not depends on the other, principally Steve Howe, I would imagine. :)
    Last edited by downbyariver; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:12 PM.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Hopefully they follow Steve’s wishes and convene in a studio together and collaborate. This is a big album, Steve can’t point the finger at anyone anymore. This one is on him, that gives me some hope but the proof is in the pudding, so we’ll see.

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    Yes Official just finished a very successful tour of Europe and the United States, celebrating it's 50th anniversary as a band. They played a series of great shows, with excellent performers, including current members of the band and some old friends, and did the anniversary justice from a concert touring perspective.

So, what's next? Do their schedules permit them to head into the studio? Any chance? I know that many of them have music they've been working on. It's been a while since the last album. It'd be nice to hear more new Yes music.
    I would not be surprised to see Steve Howe take a long break. He jumped into work commitments awfully quickly. Will Alan ever do a full set again? I could see Alan bowing out. If Alan bowed out they should offer a second keyboard part for Tony Kaye. He just has the Yes sound and full DNA. Schellen is also great with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post

All they seem to have at this stage is tour dates in Japan (early 2019) and the next Cruise (4-9th feb 2019). Myself and a few others were recently lobbying Promoters for an invite to NZ/Aussie but a few of the Promoters felt that Yes' booking agent for the region was "very difficult to deal with".
    -----
    paul
    -----

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EtherReal View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Steve Howe take a long break. He jumped into work commitments awfully quickly. Will Alan ever do a full set again? I could see Alan bowing out. If Alan bowed out they should offer a second keyboard part for Tony Kaye. He just has the Yes sound and full DNA. Schellen is also great with these guys.
    If Kaye is not able to board an airplane, he won’t be rejoining full time. It would be very doubtful that he would be a touring US only musician.

I am looking forward to them touring next year..and a new album would be so awesome!
    with love and wonder, denise

"We receive all we venture to give..."

I am not expecting Howe to take a long break at all. Music and guitarplaying is his life.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Quote Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
    Hopefully they follow Steve’s wishes and convene in a studio together and collaborate.
    This ^^
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Quote Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
    I am looking forward to them touring next year..and a new album would be so awesome!
    Well, at the Fan Fest, Steve pretty much said "yes" to Relayer live next year. He jokingly hedged at first, but then gave a serious "yes" to the idea immediately afterward.

A new album to tour off of as well would be the ideal way to go out on their next full tour - I hope the next tour next year is Relayer and new album (the second not necessarily in full; heck, I'd even settle for 2/3 of the first, whatever 2/3 they would want to play - of course, I would strongly prefer to hear it all. I wonder if Moraz would be along for the ride - I certainly hope so.)
    Was it sun through the haze,
    That made all your looks,
    As warm as moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by ReAwaken View Post
    Well, at the Fan Fest, Steve pretty much said "yes" to Relayer live next year. He jokingly hedged at first, but then gave a serious "yes" to the idea immediately afterward.

A new album to tour off of as well would be the ideal way to go out on their next full tour - I hope the next tour next year is Relayer and new album (the second not necessarily in full; heck, I'd even settle for 2/3 of the first, whatever 2/3 they would want to play - of course, I would strongly prefer to hear it all. I wonder if Moraz would be along for the ride - I certainly hope so.)
    I've been saying it for a while and I still think Relayer + New album would be perfect in 2019. Certainly room in that set for some "hits" and "warhorses" for the casual punters. And that would be something I would travel Internationally to see.
    -----
    paul
    -----

the former Cosmicsurfer Ian Burdon's Avatar

Tony seems pretty committed to finding a place in Florida and playing tennis. He currently regards himself as retired from the full-time music business.
    This individual's sentience has been removed due to a terms of use violation

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Burdon View Post
    Tony seems pretty committed to finding a place in Florida and playing tennis. He currently regards himself as retired from the full-time music business.
    Kaye said that in 1994 LOL

one cannot leave YES permanently by choice or not, Downes back, Sherwood back, Kaye back, Moraz back, Horn back only Bruford is holding out and even then he seems happy to turn up at gigs

Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman Snr back as well you know

The Eagles said it best - you can check out but never leave :)

the former Cosmicsurfer Ian Burdon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xlink_nz View Post
    Kaye said that in 1994 LOL

Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman Snr back as well you know
    Actually Tony said it to me and a couple of others over a beer two weeks ago.

I'm not interested in AWR's wee pretendy vanity project.
    This individual's sentience has been removed due to a terms of use violation

Ad break.
    ======

Please enjoy the 2018 edition Tourmato video put together by Hed Gilboa with contributions by many Yesfans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qN_wP2D0l4
    -----
    paul
    -----

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
    I like the way you think! :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    They haven't explicitly said that, but talk of Japanese/Asian dates has firmly moved to early 2019 and nothing has been announced. I wouldn't be surprised by a short South American tour at the end of the year, or something like that, but for now this appears to be it for touring in 2018.

Downes has a one-off DBA date at the end of September, but otherwise none of them have announced plans. One interview suggested Howe was itching to finish off some solo projects, and Downes and Sherwood have plenty on the go in general.

There is space for studio work and there has been talk of that. We will see.

So, I presume they'll be enjoying a bit of a break and progressing non-Yes projects. Studio work, I'd put at a 60% probability. Touring at the end of the year, I'd guess 30% probability.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

My guess is work on the new album for release in July

As for beyond that I have said it before I will say it again

For live shows there are 2 choices

Relayer + Fly From Here in full (with hits and one or two songs of the new album)
    Relayer + Yes in full (with hits and one or two songs)

And before everyone tries the “yes and fly from here will never happen your crazy” if I said before 2016 we were gonna G̲e̲t̲ Drama and half of tales everyone would say your insane so in a post Drama and tales world I say almost any album is fair game.

To be honest I did ask Billy this question and his response

“The future”

So I’m happy at least
    Last edited by Rabin105; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:11 AM.
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

I'd like to see them start work on a new record, guest spots for extended Yes family would be nice too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast