Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Had Fairbairn loved how different or the same would Heaven and Earth been

Mega Yesfan

Had Fairbairn loved how different or the same would Heaven and Earth been

....If Bruce had carried on loving, would he have loved through H&E and made it an album we could all have lived?

Mega Insane Yesfan

Re: Had Fairbairn loved how different or the same would Heaven and Earth been

Mega Yesfan

Sorry, I get my life and loves all mixed up sometimes.

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    ....If Bruce had carried on loving, would he have loved through H&E and made it an album we could all have lived?
    The Production on H&E is pretty grim, once again I'd pay good money for a RTB Producers Mix, I find it ludicrous that Billy Sherwood's mix could somehow be superior to Roy Thomas Baker's.
    That said, the songs also suffer from an across-the-board laid-back approach that would have benefited greatly from one or two high energy uptempo songs. The songs themselves are fine, I actually think Davison could blossom into a first rate writer, I really do like Light of the Ages and feel it could hold it's own with probably 75% of the catalog.
    For the purposes of dynamics and musical context though the album really needed that one or two uptempo rockers imo.
    It drives me nuts when people online don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

There so stupid.

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    I honestly couldn't make this any funnier if I tried.

Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    The Production on H&E is pretty grim, once again I'd pay good money for a RTB Producers Mix, I find it ludicrous that Billy Sherwood's mix could somehow be superior to Roy Thomas Baker's.
    That said, the songs also suffer from an across-the-board laid-back approach that would have benefited greatly from one or two high energy uptempo songs. The songs themselves are fine, I actually think Davison could blossom into a first rate writer, I really do like Light of the Ages and feel it could hold it's own with probably 75% of the catalog.
    For the purposes of dynamics and musical context though the album really needed that one or two uptempo rockers imo.
    My personal view, quite simply is that you actually can't polish a turd.

Couldn't agree more.

H&E lacks power/guts/edge and JD ain't no JA when comes to lyrics.

I'm all for being yourself instead of trying to imitate someone else but the cadence seemed exactly the same on every song.
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

Mega Yesfan

It's unfair really. A bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

It's unfair really. A bit like shooting fish in a barrel.
    To be fair, JA 2018 ain't JA 1972 either
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

Mega Yesfan

...and some people just don't get it do they?

That's where you're wrong you see....

Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

I actually like much of H&E, as some of you know, but I also would be curious to hear the original mix. And you're right, a crunchy rock song or two could have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1727 View Post
    I actually like much of H&E, as some of you know, but I also would be curious to hear the original mix. And you're right, a crunchy rock song or two could have helped.
    The whole album doesn't have a Yes feel to it..Very sad to listen too

Quote Originally Posted by SeeTheDesert View Post
    H&E lacks power/guts/edge and JD ain't no JA when comes to lyrics.

I'm all for being yourself instead of trying to imitate someone else but the cadence seemed exactly the same on every song.
    So true. That album is a kind of musical hell, not a fiery hell, but a dull, boring, monotonous hell.

Yes-East-West-Fan

I did wish that some times here - to have a chance to listen to the original Baker-mix. Who knows - it might be they key to a better Album.It might be more energetic, I suppose even…

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    I did wish that some times here - to have a chance to listen to the original Baker-mix. Who knows - it might be they key to a better Album.It might be more energetic, I suppose even…
    I like H&E and listened to it in the car this weekend. It is good driving music.

I suspect RTB's mix must have been pretty terrible. I think the Sherwood mix is fine, but the quality of the drum sounds is very low, especially compared to the previous album FFH. It sounds like Alan was playing on plastic food containers.

I think RTB did a terrible job producing the album. The band should not have been rushed into the studio without having the time to really flesh out the songs. I think the material is actually quite good, with the exception of maybe two clunkers. With a better-suited producer, I think they could have made another Ladder or Keys to Ascension (studio tracks).

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    I like H&E and listened to it in the car this weekend. It is good driving music.

depends on what song....

and hopefully cucumbers never interfere with any Yessong...
    Last edited by crotale2112; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:33 PM.

still undefined

Yesfan

I had not listened to Heaven and Earth for a while and gave it a few spins on a long car trip this past weekend. The best thing I can say about it is... I really like the album cover.

Does not share his porridge Discount Ministry's Avatar

Or so they say.
    If I don't really exist then at over 10,700 posts my nothingness has longevity, if not serious mojo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast