Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Had Fairbairn loved how would Magnification be different or the same as it is now?

Had Fairbairn loved how would Magnification be different or the same as it is now?

Has anyone thought about how Bruce would of worked with the Magnification lineup and those songs?
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

Re: Had Fairbairn loved how would Magnification be different or the same as it is now

no, never

Re: Had Fairbairn loved how would Magnification be different or the same as it is now

Fairbain wouldn't have been a lock to produce Magnification, would he? The band liked him, but they've liked other producers and haven't used them on the next album for whatever reason (The producer might not be interested, the schedules might conflict, the band might be trying a different sound that a different producer would do better, the label might want a different producer- millions of possible reasons. Producers aren't really members of bands, so they often change between albums without any negativity from either side- and then sometimes are "back" on the album after the skipped one, or whatever). So, Magnification may have still unfolded with exactly the producer they had in reality, exactly the way it did in reality.
    Last edited by downbyariver; 07-03-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Mega Insane Yesfan

'loved'?

Suspended

No, I've never considered this.
    Last edited by The; 07-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    'loved'?
    Yes, 'LOVED.' Can't you read or nuffink?

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Has anyone thought about how Bruce would of worked with the Magnification lineup and those songs?
    Nope.
    Possessio is nine-tenths of the word.

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    would of
    Sigh.

Suspended

I've given this a bit more thought whilst watching Shag Island. Sadly the answer is still no.

Yes-East-West-Fan

I hope some day we get Magnification like it was planned, as a new Tales, either with three or so epics or that wonderful, wild and wacky one hour piece. If they ever tried something like this… open the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I've given this a bit more thought whilst watching Shag Island. Sadly the answer is still no.
    ...is that were they roll the rough shag?
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Suspended

This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Yes, 'LOVED.' Can't you read or nuffink?
    I haven't had nuffinks for years since I no longer have a suit.
    Faux Speechless.

Loved what or whom? I be vexed and confounded.
    Faux Speechless.

Ah, the first post doth summarize succinctly.
    Faux Speechless.

New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar

No never
    Strange and curious thread

Faux Speechless.

In the frozen wilds of NorthernEnglandsetshire

No, but I've often wondered what Relayer would of bean if Chin and Chapman had of bean their and would of co-writted it.

Because I've nothing to do with my days.

Magnification would have been nothing like it turned out.
    Most probably been The Ladder 2 perhaps with a nod to some orchestral stuff on Time & a Word.

No. But I wish they didn't use as much orchestra on Mag, but wished they used Tom Brislin and dirtied up Steve's guitars. It's just so clean...

But I really do wonder what it would have been like to have Horn produce the classic line-up in 2005-6 like H/S/W wanted to try. Oh well... The timing, health, and vibe, was all wrong anyways.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast