Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: YesfARW Live at the Apollo is Available for Pre-Order, Includes Track Listing

...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar

Re: YesfARW Live at the Apollo is Available for Pre-Order, Includes Track Listing

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    If they didn't "fix" Topographic Drama with the Steve Howe shouter, I don't this will be fixed.
    This is exactly why I am just dumbfounded. The Steve Shout-out is really annoying but,
    seeing a stationary crowd on Blu-ray with the sound of cheering and applause...is equally...
    Weird. Imo.

Maybe it's the transcendental audio that Jon heard from planet Zongo. It just happened to make it to our dimension....on tape....

Uhhh.....ok...maybe...naught.

....(dribbles).....

(Crickets)
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

Re: YesfARW Live at the Apollo is Available for Pre-Order, Includes Track Listing

Quote Originally Posted by witeskyn7 View Post
    Maybe it's the transcendental audio that Jon heard from planet Zongo. It just happened to make it to our dimension....on tape....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    I like his site. You get a repl from them, sometimes.
    Webmaster Wayne Smith. Dedicated and hard working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

This is exactly why I am just dumbfounded. The Steve Shout-out is really annoying but,
    seeing a stationary crowd on Blu-ray with the sound of cheering and applause...is equally...
    Weird. Imo.

Assuming that they considered the extra crowd noise a non-negotiable, it seems like they could have either:

A. Used tight camera shots of the band members when the artificial crowd noise was happening, so it wouldn't show an unmoved crowd on video when the audio sounds like they are going wild.

B. Had a few ringers in the crowd to look like they were going wild all the time and do a tight focus on them whenever the artificial crowd noise happens.

C. Used the video of people going wild at some other points during the concert for the shots of the crowd during parts of other songs where they're using fake crowd noise and no one in the crowd is actually going wild.

All that said, I don't buy DVDs, so I am not personally affected by the odd juxposition of images that don't fit the sounds being inserted. I'll likely be buying the paid download of the audio in October or November, and I can deal with fake crowd noise in an audio only format. I actually could see it even being a plus, because if I buy it, it'll be primarily for the YesWest songs, and YesWest had really big loud crowds during it's heyday, so it'd kind of fit in that sense.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Honestly you get used to the noise after a bit.
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

My hovercraft is full of eels Grey Wolf's Avatar

I have my Blu-ray in hand, but I probably won't watch it until sometime this weekend.

Can somebody tell me if the track listing is the same for the video and the CD/album? I'd look it up but feeling too lazy right now.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    What, me worry?

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Yes it is.
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

My hovercraft is full of eels Grey Wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Thanks. Good to know I can save myself a few bucks. The Blu-ray was surprisingly inexpensive.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    What, me worry?

Baby Re: YesfARW Live at the Apollo is Available for Pre-Order, Includes Track Listing

No you're not.
    But that's okay, I know we're of different opinions regarding that matter.

BUT SRSLY THO
    Dude, do you think that if they didn't want him to solo they would have let him solo over the course of two different tours?!
    Well, they (Rabin) certainly got rid of it! Lee is a good bass player/singer, but wanking off over a timeless classic such as The Fish, which is composed and not really a solo, is a bit much as a huge Squire fan. But I'm well aware you and others thought that was a cool thing to do... Good call Rabin. I'm starting to really dig the edited crowd noises too

Weird. Imo.

Uhhh.....ok...maybe...naught.

....(dribbles).....

(Crickets)

You may be on to something... I heard whispers the planet Zongo is bright yellow, and the upper left of the dvd cover by the new killer Yes font seems a bit yellow too..

hmmm...

Some sort of more alien disclosure???
    Last edited by somissound; 5 Days Ago at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    a timeless classic such as The Fish, which is composed and not really a solo
    I have heard numerous versions of "The Fish" performed by Chris which include a solo section. I'm pretty sure you have too.
    - Mr. Poms

I have heard numerous versions of "The Fish" performed by Chris which include a solo section. I'm pretty sure you have too.
    But that is when Chris was playing his song... But when they performed all of Fragile live, he played the composed version, the one Lee should have done

It's all good! I'm just a Squire freak.... Just like I don't like when Steve destroys Trevor's iconic solo/melody in OOALH, that some seem to think is cool. Diffrent' strokes! It's interesting reading here all the different little preferences and dislikes. :)

Actually my favorite WhiteFish is from Lugano. With organic crowd noise. Really miss the one and only CS...

Mega Insane Yesfan

I must try to get Lugano on DVD.

the one Lee should have done
    But he did. They played the actual song.

Well, they (Rabin) certainly got rid of it!
    I get that you don't think Lee should have soloed at all but that's what they wanted him to do, otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to do it at all. And I would say it wasn't cut because Trevor thought it was bad. Like I said previously, there's a precedent.

ETA: Lou's solo is also clearly cut (since I've actually watched LMU on the DVD now). So what, they were both bad? Really?
    Last edited by luna65; 4 Days Ago at 09:15 PM.
    - Mr. Poms

Super Yesfan

But he did. They played the actual song.

I get that you don't think Lee should have soloed at all but that's what they wanted him to do, otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to do it at all. And I would say it wasn't cut because Trevor thought it was bad. Like I said previously, there's a precedent.

ETA: Lou's solo is also clearly cut (since I've actually watched LMU on the DVD now). So what, they were both bad? Really?
    I hadn’t noticed that you hadn’t realised that. That’s what I was getting at when listing out the possible reasons to cut or not cut. It’s footahe they physically had and decided against. The audience, they presumably added.

Right, sorry about that - I couldn't remember if they had cut Lou's solo on that tour, but it wasn't until Fall 2017 (both were cut in favor of solos/bass battle during "Owner").

And certainly I could see solo spots being edited down in order to prevent potential boredom in the viewer/listener (though one can just fast forward through those parts, after all) but for both their sakes (because L&L both worked hard to provide a good foundation for their bosses to stand upon) I don't think it was fair that they were completely edited out.
    - Mr. Poms

Mega Yesfan

I don't think it was fair that they were completely edited out.
    I bet Rabin gave an evil laugh as he edited it out.

I know Anderson giggled the whole time he edited Union - but that was probably weed in his case.

LOL no, it's not spite. It's something, but it's not spite.
    - Mr. Poms

Right, sorry about that - I couldn't remember if they had cut Lou's solo on that tour, but it wasn't until Fall 2017 (both were cut in favor of solos/bass battle during "Owner").

And certainly I could see solo spots being edited down in order to prevent potential boredom in the viewer/listener (though one can just fast forward through those parts, after all) but for both their sakes (because L&L both worked hard to provide a good foundation for their bosses to stand upon) I don't think it was fair that they were completely edited out.
    I can't. They weren't afraid of potential boredom in the viewer/listener when doing them at the concerts, so why be afraid now? Either do them or don't do them.
    Last edited by Mr. Holland; 4 Days Ago at 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

I'm apt to agree but, you know, I'm trying to be reasonable now.
    Though I also understand a reaction says more about the person responding than it says about the opinion which prompted the reaction.

I do think there's a difference between being there and watching at home. Now whether there should be is another question. And either way you can skip what you don't like - take a bathroom break or fast forward.
    - Mr. Poms

I'm apt to agree but, you know, I'm trying to be reasonable now.

And either way you can skip what you don't like - take a bathroom break or fast forward.
    I edited it down to the reasonable part....

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast