Google
 


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 128

Thread: Variety of set lists

  1. #1
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    45
    Posts
    27,502
    Rep Power
    107375854

    Variety of set lists

    YesfeaturingARW have played since the fall of 2016 (when they started touring)

    01. Cinema
    02. Perpetual Change
    03. I've Seen All Good People
    04. Hold On
    05. And You And I
    06. Changes
    07. Lift Me Up
    08. Long Distance Runaround
    09. The Fish
    10. Awaken
    11. Owner of a Lonely Heart
    12. Roundabout
    13. Rhythm of Love
    14. Southside of the Sky
    15. I am Waiting
    16. Heart of the Sunrise
    17. The Meeting
    18. Starship Trooper (but only once)
    19. Leaves of Green (but only once)

    Yes have played since the fall of 2016:

    01. Machine Messiah
    02. White Car
    03. Does it Really Happen?
    04. Into the Lens
    05. Run Through the Light
    06. Tempus Fugit
    07. Revealing Science of God
    08. Ritual
    09. Leaves of Green
    10. And You And I
    11. Siberian Kathru
    12. Close to the Edge
    13. Roundabout
    14. Starship Trooper
    15. Heart of the Sunrise
    16. Southside of the Sky
    17. I've Seen All Good People
    18. Time and a Word
    19. Survival
    20. Don't Kill the Whale
    21. Going for the One
    22. Parallels
    23. Awaken
    24. Perpetual Change
    25. Soon
    26. Yours is No Disgrace
    27. Madrigal
    28. Sweet Dreams
    29. Onward
    30. Nine Voices
    31. We Can Fly
    32. Believe Again
    33. Wonderous Stories

    Just saying...
    Last edited by Mr. Holland; 06-07-2018 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"





  2. #2
    Mega Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,413
    Rep Power
    107374443

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    YesfeaturingARW have played since the fall of 2016 (when they started touring)

    01. Cinema
    02. Perpetual Change
    03. I've Seen All Good People
    04. Hold On
    05. And You And I
    06. Changes
    07. Lift Me Up
    08. Long Distance Runaround
    09. The Fish
    10. Awaken
    11. Owner of a Lonely Heart
    12. Roundabout
    13. Rhythm of Love
    14. Southside of the Sky
    15. I am Waiting
    16. Heart of the Sunrise
    17. The Meeting
    18. Starship Trooper (but only once)
    19. Leaves of Green (but only once)

    Yes have played since the fall of 2016:

    01. Machine Messiah
    02. White Car
    03. Does it Really Happen?
    04. Into the Lens
    05. Run Through the Light
    06. Tempus Fugit
    07. Revealing Science of God
    08. Ritual
    09. Leaves of Green
    10. And You And I
    11. Siberian Kathru
    12. Close to the Edge
    13. Roundabout
    14. Starship Trooper
    15. Heart of the Sunrise
    16. Southside of the Sky
    17. I've Seen All Good People
    18. Time and a Word
    19. Survival
    20. Don't Kill the Whale
    21. Going for the One
    22. Parallels
    23. Awaken
    24. Perpetual Change
    25. Soon
    26. Yours is No Disgrace
    27. Madrigal
    28. Sweet Dreams
    29. Onward
    30. Nine Voice
    31. We Can Fly
    32. Believe Again
    33. Wonderous Stories

    Just saying...
    Yeah, let's keep those factions and all the things that divide us alive and current.

  3. #3
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    45
    Posts
    27,502
    Rep Power
    107375854

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Yeah, let's keep those factions and all the things that divide us alive and current.
    Not to worry, just having a little fun. And when you list it, the difference is quite staggering for two bands who both claim, more or less, to keep the Yes legacy alive.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

  4. #4
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    107375232

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Lol awesome observation Arno
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  5. #5
    The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,882
    Rep Power
    107374606

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Maybe ARW should try albums in full...

  6. #6
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    107375232

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar's Palace View Post
    Maybe ARW should try albums in full...
    I would be up for a Fragile 90125 and Talk 3 album tour from Yes featuring ARW
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

  7. #7
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    45
    Posts
    27,502
    Rep Power
    107375854

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar's Palace View Post
    Maybe ARW should try albums in full...
    There's only been one album been played in full since fall 2016 and that was Drama.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

  8. #8
    ˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,560
    Rep Power
    107374778

    Re: Variety of set lists

    I prefer quality over quantity. I would rather pay to hear Anderson singing 1 song than be paid to hear Davison singing 100.
    Two out of every three people wish the third one would go away.

    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

  9. #9
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    10,135
    Rep Power
    107374943

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Not to worry, just having a little fun. And when you list it, the difference is quite staggering for two bands who both claim, more or less, to keep the Yes legacy alive.
    I agree Arno. The thing that makes it even worse for me is all the talk, hype, holy grail, restoring to form, quintessential, new songs live, and other rubbish I've heard them proclaim. Yes seem to say less and deliver more, quite the opposite of ARW...

    I saw ARW more or less play the same set before. I don't need to see it again. I was going to go because they were playing at The Greek and it is such an amazing venue. But something came up, can't make it, and I don't feel that bad about it. I have tickets for Yes at the Ford theater, another beautiful open air venue. I'm eager to go hear them perform some different songs, while there is definitely a few beer garden runs in no hurry... Just like at the last ARW show I saw. But both will be fun nights for fans enjoying some of the best music ever created with a few core members performing...
    Last edited by somissound; 06-07-2018 at 03:41 PM.

  10. #10
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    107374503

    Re: Variety of set lists

    nice analysis

    However look at how of the much 'YES' legacy we get by having 2 lineups since neither so far have played all of the above list themselves

    There is positive to this!
    Last edited by xlink_nz; 06-07-2018 at 04:03 PM.

  11. #11
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    10,135
    Rep Power
    107374943

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by xlink_nz View Post
    nice analysis

    But look at how of the much 'YES' legacy we get by having 2 lineups since neither so far have played all of the above list themselves

    look at the positive of this!
    Amen. And when you add it all up into one big set list, it's pretty incredible! And it is pretty cool getting to hear the 2 different flavors of Yes and their strengths.


  12. #12
    Super Mega Yesfan gazza2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    107374408

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    YesfeaturingARW have played since the fall of 2016 (when they started touring)

    01. Cinema
    02. Perpetual Change
    03. I've Seen All Good People
    04. Hold On
    05. And You And I
    06. Changes
    07. Lift Me Up
    08. Long Distance Runaround
    09. The Fish
    10. Awaken
    11. Owner of a Lonely Heart
    12. Roundabout
    13. Rhythm of Love
    14. Southside of the Sky
    15. I am Waiting
    16. Heart of the Sunrise
    17. The Meeting
    18. Starship Trooper (but only once)
    19. Leaves of Green (but only once)

    Yes have played since the fall of 2016:

    01. Machine Messiah
    02. White Car
    03. Does it Really Happen?
    04. Into the Lens
    05. Run Through the Light
    06. Tempus Fugit
    07. Revealing Science of God
    08. Ritual
    09. Leaves of Green
    10. And You And I
    11. Siberian Kathru
    12. Close to the Edge
    13. Roundabout
    14. Starship Trooper
    15. Heart of the Sunrise
    16. Southside of the Sky
    17. I've Seen All Good People
    18. Time and a Word
    19. Survival
    20. Don't Kill the Whale
    21. Going for the One
    22. Parallels
    23. Awaken
    24. Perpetual Change
    25. Soon
    26. Yours is No Disgrace
    27. Madrigal
    28. Sweet Dreams
    29. Onward
    30. Nine Voices
    31. We Can Fly
    32. Believe Again
    33. Wonderous Stories

    Just saying...
    To quote the great Stan Lee “ Nuff Said “

  13. #13
    Super Mega Yesfan gazza2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    107374408

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I prefer quality over quantity. I would rather pay to hear Anderson singing 1 song than be paid to hear Davison singing 100.
    No disrespect dude, but factually are you serious. I think JA is a great singer but he cannot sing the range he once did, Jon Davison does not have the bottom end in terms of timbre JA has but he can deliver the range JA once could and of course To my mind JD is a good singer. The crunch for me is the performance of the music and sadly YesFARW to my ears just do not cut it unlike YesO. Iam amazed when you say you prefer quality over quantity ...I love Trevor Rabin and I wish YfARW would have simply played 90125, BG and Talk...Steve certainly cannot play many of those tracks, but to my ears many of the classic 70s tracks are butchered by YfARW.

  14. #14
    Yesfan nzyesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,212
    Rep Power
    107374608

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2001 View Post
    No disrespect dude, but factually are you serious.
    Don't feed the Shill.

    -----
    paul
    -----

  15. #15
    This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alphaville
    Age
    52
    Posts
    11,701
    Rep Power
    107374901

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Neither can Kevin Cronin, Deborah Harry and a bunch of septuagenarians anymore. There's no point to be argued.
    God gave Rock and Roll and Bacon to YOU.

  16. #16
    Super Mega Yesfan gazza2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    107374408

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Ministry View Post
    Neither can Kevin Cronin, Deborah Harry and a bunch of septuagenarians anymore. There's no point to be argued.
    I still think despite his age Jon A is a very good singer, my problem is really more to do with the classic 70s tracks YfARW play....I just think they do a bad job and wish JA and TR would stick to the great 90125, BG and Talk tracks, but obviously Rick would not be too happy with that. As has already been said they do not really have a history and song selection must be difficult. I am not bothering seeing them in the U.K., but think when they eventually release new music it will be very interesting and I suspect quite different to previous releases.

  17. #17
    Pianist/Pandemoniumist pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Electric Ladyland
    Posts
    11,669
    Rep Power
    107375030

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2001 View Post
    I still think despite his age Jon A is a very good singer, my problem is really more to do with the classic 70s tracks YfARW play....I just think they do a bad job and wish JA and TR would stick to the great 90125, BG and Talk tracks, but obviously Rick would not be too happy with that. As has already been said they do not really have a history and song selection must be difficult.
    I agree that Jon Anderson is singing pretty well these days, especially considering his age.

    . . . . And right, the YesWest tracks were not Wakeman's legacy with the band lies, although he was with them for 5 of their 7 "classic" albums. The only songs that Rabin and Wakeman previously played together were for the setlist for the Union tour.

    That said, Rabin played a lot of the classic tracks live when touring with YesWest.

    And none of them played/sang on Drama.
    ---Pianozach---

    ". . . Be the change you wish to see in the world." —Ghandi

    http://www.pianozach.com/ under re-construction
    http://www.macjams.com/artist/bigidea
    and a new MacJams page: http://www.macjams.com/artist/pianozach

  18. #18
    Mega Yesfan roundabout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    107374503

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I would be up for a Fragile 90125 and Talk 3 album tour from Yes featuring ARW
    No big Generator ?

  19. #19
    Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy cows come from California.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,029
    Rep Power
    107374866

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Well we have to give some consideration to Rick, so not an all-YesWest slate.
    "If you slice me in two, I'm prog all the way through."
    - Mr. Poms

    https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

  20. #20
    Again Dantalion Rides Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    4,906
    Rep Power
    107374711

    Re: Variety of set lists

    Set is so safe they should play Safety Dance. But only as house music, that'd be too risky to perform.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •