Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Why such a boring set list?

Re: Why such a boring set list?

If the setlist is boring then just sit back and eat a gram of mushrooms! PRESTO CHANGEOH!!!!!

2 + 2 +2 X 0 = 4
    ♩♪ ♫♬ C G F F# D B G F E D B G F E F C ♩♪ ♫ ♬ —

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by Yes.2 View Post
    If the setlist is boring then just sit back and eat a gram of mushrooms! PRESTO CHANGEOH!!!!!
    Trippin' at a Yes show... what if the trip starts to go horribly wrong while your sitting there, and the lady sitting next to you keeps looking at you saying.... " I eat at chez nous... I eat at chez nous... boutaround earth & heaven "

and then you try and clear your head and turn and look at the crowd behind you and you see these Yesfans staring at you....

and to top it off, what if Howe is in one of his "moods" and looks at YOU... while tripping...

ooofaaa...

still undefined

Super Mega Yesfan Caped Crusader's Avatar

^ Please stop posting pictures of the moderators!

Crotale, you are classic...

I'm going tonight to see Yes, and am wondering if I turn around will I see mostly a bunch of older overweight gentlemen with beards singing in a super high and semi off key voice?? I might need to just drink some beers- or they may morph into the lollipop guild...

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    Crotale, you are classic...

I'm going tonight to see Yes, and am wondering if I turn around will I see mostly a bunch of older overweight gentlemen with beards singing in a super high and semi off key voice?? I might need to just drink some beers- or they may morph into the lollipop guild...

have a good show, beers sound good... if you, or anyone else going wants to shroom... try just a half cap, a little goes a long way :)

I look forward to your review, I would like to know what's Billy's bass, effects and general set up for Awaken... if you can.. I hope those Bass pedals are maxed out! They were to low the last time I saw them, sometimes I wonder if Howe puts a "governor" on the volume..
    hmmm......

still undefined

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Music is multifaceted. One can enjoy one aspect of a performance, but not another. It's a boring selection of great songs. "Roundabout" is a great piece of music, but I've heard Yes bands play it at the end of a set too many times...

Henry
    This is a really interesting point. I think Roundabout in the middle of the set would have worked better. Knowing that it will be the last song of the night is too predictable (and maybe boring).

"Wait, maybe the answer's looking for you."
    "Let me correct you on a few things. Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not “Every Man for Himself”. And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked ’em up."

Quote Originally Posted by jimmygtr View Post
    This is a really interesting point. I think Roundabout in the middle of the set would have worked better. Knowing that it will be the last song of the night is too predictable (and maybe boring).

"Wait, maybe the answer's looking for you."
    Well, it worked great as last song at the ARW (back then) concert that I attended. A large part of the audience doesn't get bored apparantly. What I often notice is that the songs we as hardcore fans feel both bands could give a miss or play at a different point in the set are often the songs that get the biggest cheers from the audience, that often mostly exists of less hardcore fans.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Mega Insane Yesfan

They opened with Roundabout on the Fragile Tour. But that was a while ago.....

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by jimmygtr View Post
    It's interesting having "ISAGP" early in the set, when that's often kept to the end.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Mega Insane Yesfan

I think All Good People was the second number on the Going For The One Tour in 1977, or maybe third...?

SR Mega Yesfan

I think it's lazy of us to presume (1) is the answer, as some do. (5) is more plausible. I wonder about (3): Anderson and Wakeman seem to err on the side of populist set lists. I also wonder about (2): the band are united by friendship rather than a love for each other's music.
    Well, I guess the recent Rabin interview suggests another reason. If this was only ever going to be a short leg, 8 European dates, 10 US dates, some in places not visited before, then why bother with making big changes?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Well, I guess the recent Rabin interview suggests another reason. If this was only ever going to be a short leg, 8 European dates, 10 US dates, some in places not visited before, then why bother with making big changes?

Henry
    Exactly my thoughts, as outed in the other thread.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26