Google

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yes #75 Diamond Jubilee

Yes #75 Diamond Jubilee

I love to be the first to post something, and I hate it when all y’all get the jump on me. Not happening this time.

YES #75 should occur around the year 2043 (assuming regulation time dilation). Anderson and Howe will be approaching 100 years old, but Jon Davison and Billy Sherwood will be in their 70s. Squire will likely still be dead, but his laser avatar or whatever should be in good shape by then. Alan White will have just celebrated his 70th continuous year in the band the prior year—and 25 years with the exoskeleton which has earned him the moniker “robo-drummer.”

The band (reunited for several decades after that little tift back in the late 2010s where Howe and Anderson actually headed up rival touring groups—remember that?) will have only released 3 EPs in the prior quarter-century, but its fans will flock (albeit slowly) to see their heroes, who will be joined by original members Toni Kaye (keyboards; 1968-1971, 1983-1995, and 2018*) and Bill Bruford (drums; 1968-1972, 1991-1992, and 2023-2024) and, outside of the U.S., by Benoit David, former President of the Independent Republic of Quebec.

U.S. President Trump has already announced via twitter that “Steve Nardelli has a better chance than Bad Benny of entering our nation to tour with Yes.” This is actually the second time Trump has gotten involved in Yes’ affairs; in 2019, during his first term, he issued a blanket decree pardoning “any and all Russian musical cowbell ringers” accused “while on tour during July 2000” of what Trump called “phony, anti-male so-called ‘crimes.’” The move was widely seen as targeting then-former Yes keyboardist Igor Koroshev, who rejoined the band the following year.

Other members of the group are guitarist-vocalist Trevor Rabin, dancer Jon Davison, and keyboardists Geoff Downes and Rachel Wakeman. Wakeman is, of course, the former Rick Wakeman, who became the first female member of the group after sex-reassignment surgery in the early 2020s. Howe and Kaye followed suit soon after. All three have denied that the surgeries were done to comply with E.U. fiat that all rock groups have at least 25% female members, but Howe has admitted that “it certainly has helped in that area, now hasn’t it?”

With the temporary addition of Bruford the band will once again have two drummers, but Kaye’s presence on the tour will mean four keyboardists. That, however, doesn’t bother Howe. “It’s actually the trend right now,” she explained through an interpreter. “The Beatles have four as well.”

As was the case on the band’s last tour, a hologram of founding member Chris Squire will play the bass guitar on all songs except for one played by a hologram of Trevor Horn: “Because I’m the Producer, A$$hole,” the worldwide smash that returned Yes to international stardom just last year. “Jesus I hate that song,” says Howe. Horn is unavailable until the next earthbound vessel from Mars, in 2045. As usual, longtime member Billy Sherwood will play Squire’s harmonica part on “And You And I.” “I’m the most expensive harmonica player on the tour circuit,” he quips sadly.

Despite the excitement generated by rumors of a special 75th-anniversary tour, principal songwriter Anderson waves off talk of the band recording new material. “Most of our music deals with themes of peace and overcoming conflict.” Pointing to the current period of world peace, now entering its seventeenth year, Anderson says, “advocating for world peace seems antioxidant at this point, or anti-something, when it already exists.”

OK, what am I forgetting?

*actually this is still debated among fans—was he an actual member of the band for their 35-date 2018 North American tour?

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

Re: Yes #75 Diamond Jubilee

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Stop making me agree with Josuev it’s weird dam it

Plus I will be 57 on yes’s 75tg year making me old I don’t want to be old
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood Alan White Jay Schellen and Tony Kaye and they have my support.
    GTT

This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar

I'm sure you meant when them members turn 75?
    God gave Rock and Roll and Bacon to YOU.

"I woke to the sound of drums..." SunshipVoyager's Avatar

I thought it was pretty funny. I will be long dead, however, and so will the "classic" Yes. Unless of course Jon really is Zamran.
    "He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy. But he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise..." - William Blake

Sorry to say the OP of this thread has it all wrong.

The 75th anniversary tour will be a Yes hologram tour, called 'Tales from Holographic Oceans'. It will be holograms of the classic lineup with a Rabin hologram added. It will all be organised by Brian Lane's hologram, although he had to negotiate real hard to convince the Howe hologram to work with the Anderson hologram as Howe' hologram found the Anderson hologram floating around too much....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

I'm sorry Jon, Steve can't do that.

...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Ministry View Post

I'm sorry Jon, Steve can't do that.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    57 is NOT old.

Ok?
    Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrunt View Post
    57 is NOT old.

Ok?
    .....just like a skyscraper isn't high......when you're standing on the Burj Khalifa building in Dubai....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Hmm. Diamond Jubilee over here is 60 years, so Danny would only be 42, an age I can just about vaguely remember.
    Shut Up

New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar

The graveyard tour

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzzz
    Wake up , unless your in a nursing home now , then its a case of Nurse , he thinks ARW are YES , give him some medicine

Super Mega Insane Yesfan josuev80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    Wake up , unless your in a nursing home now , then its a case of Nurse , he thinks ARW are YES , give him some medicine
    Yes Featuring whether you care to admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    The folks in the home already posted My Generation to You Tube.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by pat 2 View Post
    I love to be the first to post something, and I hate it when all y’all get the jump on me. Not happening this time.

YES #75 should occur around the year 2043
    the return of Igor and having his play live with Brislin will be amazing... Gates will never have sounded better.

still undefined

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Stop making me agree with Josuev it’s weird dam it

Then you'll be the cranky fan telling the whipper snapper's to quit speculating and loving all 4 bands.

For 75th, I would hope to see a few more of the new members who joined (and rejoined) Yes at various points after the 50th. After all, they did create some of the best Yes music! (We have much to look forward to.)

^
    The zimmer frame tour

Suspended

It's not as far fetched as it sounds though. A band propelled by offspring perhaps. There's enough of them. Infact, they should start now. Might be an improvement!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast