Google
 


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

  1. #1
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Closer than you think...
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Power
    107374320

    YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    YES REVEAL SPECIAL PLANS FOR THEIR GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY
    35-Date North American Tour
    Tony Kaye to join as a Special Guest on entire tour
    U.S. Fan Convention with Patrick Moraz in Philadelphia
    Warner Music to release ‘YES: The Steven Wilson Remixes’ Vinyl Set

    http://yesworld.com/2018/05/yes-reveal-special-plans-golden-anniversary/
    #YES50





  2. #2
    ˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,560
    Rep Power
    107374778

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    I guess they won't be doing all of Relayer then.
    And if they are, "it might be great in Philly!!"
    Two out of every three people wish the third one would go away.

    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

  3. #3
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Closer than you think...
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Power
    107374320

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I guess they won't be doing all of Relayer then.
    And if they are, "it might be great in Philly!!"
    YES were never going to do 'all' of any album on this #YES50 US tour.

    But stay tooned.
    #YES50

  4. #4
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    10,135
    Rep Power
    107374943

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Great to hear they are doing their own sort of Union for the 50th and with an original member who rocks! CHEERS!!

    I hope Tony plays during all or most of the show with Geoff. I love the bigger more colorful sound.

    I guess that shuts up those "they don't even have an original member" folks.

  5. #5
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,291
    Rep Power
    107374361

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    Great to hear they are doing their own sort of Union for the 50th and with an original member who rocks! CHEERS!!

    I hope Tony plays during all or most of the show with Geoff. I love the bigger more colorful sound.

    I guess that shuts up those "they don't even have an original member" folks.
    That's probably partly why they are doing this. If you have someone in the band who is very good friends with an original member (Billy), why not ask him to join the tour? They are doing a longer tour to make it more economical, I think, since they will have 7 people (including Jay Schellen) in the band this summer.

  6. #6
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    10,135
    Rep Power
    107374943

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    That's probably partly why they are doing this. If you have someone in the band who is very good friends with an original member (Billy), why not ask him to join the tour? They are doing a longer tour to make it more economical, I think, since they will have 7 people (including Jay Schellen) in the band this summer.
    I'm really looking forward to this!

  7. #7
    "I woke to the sound of drums..." SunshipVoyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Place Where It Is Always Sunny, USA
    Posts
    1,462
    Rep Power
    107374402

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Tony is the man! Very happy. Hope Patrick gets to play half a set in Philly.
    "He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy. But he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise..." - William Blake

  8. #8
    TalesFan Galactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Currently Camas, WA.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    45670011

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Excellent news! Will be going to the Woodinville WA show! Will be great so see Kaye play again, especially if he plays alongside of Geoff on most or all songs, and not just the early music. More excited now for the show for sure...

  9. #9
    Founder/Owner 1yesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Age
    50
    Posts
    17,340
    Rep Power
    107375370

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    any news if he is playing the whole shows, all the shows?
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

  10. #10
    Mega Yesfan ReAwaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...and now back in Southeastern PA! :)
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    107374348

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    I like this news a LOT!

    Did people check out the reworked album covers on the Steven Wilson set at the link above? They look really nice! Roger Dean made nice complements for the original covers.
    Was it sun through the haze,
    That made all your looks,
    As warm as moonlight?



  11. #11
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    45
    Posts
    27,502
    Rep Power
    107375854

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Looking forward to the tour and hearing some of the bootlegs. If they can keep the momentum going I surely felt on the UK/Euro tour and then with Kaye added it could and should be all quite spectacular.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

  12. #12
    Yesfan nzyesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,212
    Rep Power
    107374608

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Looking forward to the tour and hearing some of the bootlegs. If they can keep the momentum going I surely felt on the UK/Euro tour and then with Kaye added it could and should be all quite spectacular.
    It would be really nice if Tony's not just playing along on a couple of encore songs
    -----
    paul
    -----

  13. #13
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    45
    Posts
    27,502
    Rep Power
    107375854

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    It would be really nice if Tony's not just playing along on a couple of encore songs
    I agree. But I don't see this particular lineup delving into the Rabin era catalogue very deeply, so that limits the song choice for songs Tony originally played on. YIND, ISAGP and ST were already part of the 50th set list in the UK/ Europe as was Sweet Dreams. I think they'll keep those and perhaps add Perpetual Change and a song from the first album, but since I'm pretty sure the focus of the set will remain on the 70s stuff I really can't see much being added from the first two albums beyond the aforementioned.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

  14. #14
    the former Cosmicsurfer Ian Burdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    107374447

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    But I don't see this particular lineup delving into the Rabin era catalogue very deeply.
    a feature, not a bug
    This individual's sentience has been removed due to a terms of use violation

  15. #15
    TalesFan Galactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Currently Camas, WA.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    45670011

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    I certainly won't mind if a song or two from Big Generator or Talk are included in the set the can feature some Kaye keyboards. I hope the set includes a few surprises...

  16. #16
    Mega Yesfan ReAwaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...and now back in Southeastern PA! :)
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    107374348

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Was it sun through the haze,
    That made all your looks,
    As warm as moonlight?



  17. #17
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    10,135
    Rep Power
    107374943

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I agree. But I don't see this particular lineup delving into the Rabin era catalogue very deeply, so that limits the song choice for songs Tony originally played on. YIND, ISAGP and ST were already part of the 50th set list in the UK/ Europe as was Sweet Dreams. I think they'll keep those and perhaps add Perpetual Change and a song from the first album, but since I'm pretty sure the focus of the set will remain on the 70s stuff I really can't see much being added from the first two albums beyond the aforementioned.
    I disagree. I've seen Tony tackle a little of something from Yes to Talk. He can handle anything and give it his vibe. So I really hope they don't just have him pop out at the end of the encore or only play on songs he originally played on... Tony brings energy to any Yes song and is THE man!

    Last edited by somissound; 05-03-2018 at 03:05 PM.

  18. #18
    Peace... is a word we teach
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    25769933

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I agree. But I don't see this particular lineup delving into the Rabin era catalogue very deeply, so that limits the song choice for songs Tony originally played on. YIND, ISAGP and ST were already part of the 50th set list in the UK/ Europe as was Sweet Dreams. I think they'll keep those and perhaps add Perpetual Change and a song from the first album, but since I'm pretty sure the focus of the set will remain on the 70s stuff I really can't see much being added from the first two albums beyond the aforementioned.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to see "Survival" re-enter the setlist for this tour, because it would give Tony a nice Hammond solo spot. It would also make up for the last part of the Yestival tour being cancelled, since that song was front and center for those concerts.

    As far as other songs from the early era, I would like to see "Astral Traveler" make a comeback with the same rearranged version they did on In The Present, because it was great. Of course, the drum interlude from that means it would probably more belong to Jay Schellen.

  19. #19
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Closer than you think...
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Power
    107374320

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    and the YESFanFest - 50 True Summers:-

    http://yesworld.com/2018/05/yesfanfest-50-true-summers/


    So we'll have YES keyboard players Downes, Kaye, Moraz and Brislin at the Fest.

    And for #YES50 (so far), YES has assembled Bruford, Kaye, Horn, Moraz, Brislin and Roger Dean.

    Last edited by Christof; 05-04-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    #YES50

  20. #20
    Grumpy Old Man weams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg Pa
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    107374368

    Re: YES reveal plans for Golden Anniversary

    Patrick will play a 70 minute Piano set at YesFanFest.
    I hope he plays with the band. But it seems not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •