Google

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Lists & other Wastes of Time

Fantasy Lists & other Wastes of Time

Some Yes Songs I’d Like To Hear

for starters...

• How about an a capella version of “Mood For A Day?”

• You know that 1972 single they did called “Total Mass Retain?” I’d love to see that developed that into a 18- or 19-minute epic.

• Fans have sometimes complain that Jon Anderson never sang anything from Drama. Know what? Neither did Trevor Rabin, but no one complains about that. So I’m thinking Drama—Return Trip: the original backing tracks with Rabin re-doing the lead vocals.

What else?

Mega Insane Yesfan

Re: Fantasy Lists & other Wastes of Time

Heaven and Earth with death-growl vocals in Swedish, by Davison, coached by Trevor Horn.

I’ll probably get crucified for saying this but what the hell, it’s Saturday night. I’d like to hear ARW do Close to the Edge live and hear what Rabin would do with the guitar parts for that masterpiece. It could be a total train wreck but I was pleasantly surprised by his adaptations of SSotS and LDR.

I’d love to hear the mysterious Time from the 90125 sessions. A piece that was supposedly too “Yes like” to be included on that pared down pop album.

I’d like to hear the elephant in the room, Relayer, from YesO and I’d like them to bring in either Moraz or Brislin to lay down the jazz rock jammy on that one.

I’d like ARW to perform I’m Running and let Rick loose like a madman. Let him fiddle with it to his heart’s content.

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Heaven and Earth with death-growl vocals in Swedish, by Davison, coached by Trevor Horn.
    That album could definitely benefit from some death-growl vocals, good call DTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
    I’ll probably get crucified for saying this but what the hell, it’s Saturday night. I’d like to hear ARW do Close to the Edge live and hear what Rabin would do with the guitar parts for that masterpiece. It could be a total train wreck but I was pleasantly surprised by his adaptations of SSotS and LDR.
    Are there people here who would crucify you for wanting them to do CTTE live? I thought (seriously) that the anti-Rabin movement was dead.

I think this is true because, in the past, anti-Rabin = pro-Anderson, but since ARW, Anderson and Rabin are on the same side of the equation; thus pro-Anderson = pro-Rabin. I think.

Considering how cool Moraz’s take on CTTE was, Rabin’s could be awesome; and given my hope that ARW will choose to vary the set list a bit, I would look forward to it.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Fantasy....

a 20 minute version of Arriving ufo... a cosmic musical exploration that sounds like Fortune Seller had space sex with The Remembering,with death growls as well (queens park).... with a dab of Mind Drive's keyboard solo and Trevor's Real Love solo included somehow, finishing with Damion's COH words, but played in reverse..

still undefined

Sorry, mines are real
    1. SH's Beginnings with vocals re-recorded by Jon D since Jon A would probably refuse
    2. Magnification with the orchestra removed and replaced by all YES keyboardists on 1 or 2 tracks each.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp on Attack View Post
    2. Magnification with the orchestra removed and replaced by all YES keyboardists on 1 or 2 tracks each.
    This is a terrific idea.

Mine is that they time travel back to the late 90s and start mixing up the setlists. I have always believed it would be better for their legacy, to exercise the catalog, than to just be a 'legacy act' that ironically doesn't really honor the legacy of the work, but only its commercial viability.

Yes-East-West-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
    Mine is that they time travel back to the late 90s and start mixing up the setlists. I have always believed it would be better for their legacy, to exercise the catalog, than to just be a 'legacy act' that ironically doesn't really honor the legacy of the work, but only its commercial viability.
    Spot on, exactly what I do think.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by pat 2 View Post
    Some Yes Songs I’d Like To Hear

for starters...

• How about an a capella version of “Mood For A Day?”

• You know that 1972 single they did called “Total Mass Retain?” I’d love to see that developed that into a 18- or 19-minute epic.

• Fans have sometimes complain that Jon Anderson never sang anything from Drama. Know what? Neither did Trevor Rabin, but no one complains about that. So I’m thinking Drama—Return Trip: the original backing tracks with Rabin re-doing the lead vocals.

What else?
    GFTO with Patrick Moraz please.

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    Fantasy....

a 20 minute version of Arriving ufo... a cosmic musical exploration that sounds like Fortune Seller had space sex with The Remembering,with death growls as well (queens park).... with a dab of Mind Drive's keyboard solo and Trevor's Real Love solo included somehow, finishing with Damion's COH words, but played in reverse..
    There’s that jamming version of Arriving UFO, Rail Fourteen or something, it’s 7 minutes or so, but it feels like 20. Years.

...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
    Excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    GFTO with Patrick Moraz please.
    Yep, agreed!

Okay.... fantasy time....

Someone finds the missing GFTO tapes which they discover ALSO have 3 unheard tracks, two of which are over 18 minutes long that, were in development when Patrick was still in Yes.

YesO contacts this person and they agree to meet under the conditions of finishing said music. (Steve being duly impressed with what he heard over the phone).

The 2 parties meet and there's JA! Before the 1st altercation starts....a good hypnotist makes them both forget they ever met before in life. Steve and Jon are re-introduced to one another.

Both agree to work on this incredible 'new' music.

As the sessions progress,
    the hypnosis begins to wear off and soon through much concern and conversation with all parties involved....a band is formed to continue the process, a sort of re-union. The music has in their own words, "Something for everyone to enjoy."

The line-up is solidified.

Both Jons,
    Steve and Trevor,
    Geoff and Patrick (Wakey quits..again),
    Billy Sherwood,
    Alan and Jay.

This new music is released to the masses and it literally reaches the top of charts across the planet. (Some rumours abound that there were subliminals hidden within the textures of certain melodies created by those in the know of such things.)

They tour extensively and THIS TIME, announce their personal issues are relieved...they will continue to play together as long as they're healthy enough to do so.

More comings and goings as the good ship Yes' reputation of keeping fresh and new, continues on into the vast horizon of the setting sun...long after the originals are no longer involved.

The music lives on and on....

The sun also rises....

(The end of my fantasy.)

Oh!

Wait!

Yeah.....a new version of the QPR dvd is released with excellent sound and new HD picture.

Plus a BONUS DVD which has a complete 1976 solos concert intact!

(Zoooooom!)

😁👍😉😎
    Last edited by witeskyn7; 04-15-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

Yes-East-West-Fan

Trevor Horn gets the Yessinger in 2012 for FFH and either stays or Geoff Downes brings in Chris Braide then for leadvocal and he stays...

And yes, like The I want Going Fo The One as well with Patrick Moraz.

We’re seeing a trend here. GfTO with Moraz, c.1976. This is what the fans want. Let’s get it unearthed, cleaned up, and released.

btw, that’s Patrick Moraz on the cover, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd like to see a list of all of the fantasy lists (and other wastes of time) that we've had on here...
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar

I like wasting a majority of my time using my hard drive to play music on the computer though.

Then again I have a Pioneer SA/TX-6500 II pair for my tuner and amp in here...
    God gave Rock and Roll and Bacon to YOU.

Have we made a list of our favorite episodes of Fantasy Island?

After all of these years I've found that the restroom air dryers were worse than just drying your hands with the toilet paper or napkins.

Another waste LADEN waste of time.

And I was right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Ministry View Post
    After all of these years I've found that the restroom air dryers were worse than just drying your hands with the toilet paper or napkins.
    Or the front of your pants.

Those super-hi-def dryers are pretty fly, tho’.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast