Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Quintessential Yes featuring ARW

Re: Quintessential Yes featuring ARW

Quote Originally Posted by dantalion90125 View Post
    Well, Jon’s wish may now be granted. Yes O will be playing somewhere near his home town this summer!
    In all seriousness and animosity aside, I wonder whether Jon would enjoy taking a seat at a current Yes O show?
    Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    that would be very interesting and the fans would love it... ooooh I can see the threads now about it if it happened.

If it did, it would be wild to hear Anderson yell out some requests to Howe.
    I was leaving the Chris Squire Experiment show, after hanging around talking with a few "folks" for a long while. I turned around to leave and Jon came down the stairs by himself and was looking at me and said "hi!". We had a nice chat for a while too. But he was there watching Chris and the boys rock out. I think all 3 of ARW should sneak into a Yes show just for the experience. I think they might be surprised... The same goes for Yes. But somehowe I don't think Steve would enjoy it very much. Could be wrong! Both bands are pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Caped Crusader View Post
    Teakbois!
    I remember the last time I saw Jon and Rick together at The Greek, they did play a little Teakbois! And boy was he everywhere...

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    The same goes for Yes. But somehowe I don't think Steve would enjoy it very much. Could be wrong! Both bands are pretty darn good.
    Maybe if Steve smoked enough weed.. had a bowl of kale chips to chew on during the show maybe he could handle it....

With Trevor knowing Howe was in the crowd he just might go extra heavy on the whammy bar to freak Steve out and musically push him over the edge... guitar strings bent so low they rub against the pickups...complete guitar blasphemy to Howe... there would be a good chance Howe would not be able to make it through Rabin's version of Awaken... during the song I can see Howe slowly starting to become uncomfortable in his seat... twitching and gyrating and becoming as if he had tourettes

The lack of a pedal steel just might get him to stand up and walk out.

still undefined

JR Yesfan

Sooooo excited! I just got my tickets for Monday, September 3rd.....Levitt Pavillion (Denver show).... 5th row, center stage!

Presale started at 10 am this morning, and the code is HEART.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Great score!
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Hey folks - can anyone help out with the pre-sale code for the 9/1 show in Las Vegas. Greatly appreciated. May plan a trip?!?!?

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Bummed. Seeing that leaked list of tour dates with a show minutes from where I live followed by the actual tour dates with no show for me at all really took the wind out of my sails. It’s like a party where you think you are getting invited and then the invitations go out and you are stuck out in the cold.
    “Love is bigger than anything in its way.”-U2

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Bummed. Seeing that leaked list of tour dates with a show minutes from where I live followed by the actual tour dates with no show for me at all really took the wind out of my sails. It’s like a party where you think you are getting invited and then the invitations go out and you are stuck out in the cold.
    Did you almost quote lyrics from Davison era YES or is it an expression you've always used ?
    Last edited by Sharp on Attack; 5 Days Ago at 09:20 AM.

Agree, there were a slew by me in PA and Jersey, got my hopes up, but that's my fault i suppose. Oh well, still excited to see YesO in NJ and Philly and wait our turn for YesF in our area.

You may still get your wish.You just will have to wait till early 2019

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
    You may still get your wish.You just will have to wait till early 2019
    I hope so also.

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp on Attack View Post
    Did you almost quote lyrics from Davison era YES or is it an expression you've always used ?
    I would never intentionally quote Jon Davison, but this is just such a drag, ya know? No show. No new music. I’m almost approaching the border of being tempted to see YesOfficial in July. Better than nothing. I might not love it, but the songs are still good songs and I haven’t heard Steve Howe live since 2014. It might be a decent night out.
    “Love is bigger than anything in its way.”-U2

I would never intentionally quote Jon Davison, but this is just such a drag, ya know? No show. No new music. I’m almost approaching the border of being tempted to see YesOfficial in July. Better than nothing. I might not love it, but the songs are still good songs and I haven’t heard Steve Howe live since 2014. It might be a decent night out.
    I know you'd prefer seeing YES/f, but I believe seeing YES/o might change your mind about them !? I enjoyed their performance, but prefer YES/f ; given the choice.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13