Google

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quintessential Yes featuring ARW

Super Insane Yesfan

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Quintessential Yes featuring ARW

http://yesfeaturingarw.com/

YES featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman announce “Quintessential YES: The 50th Anniversary Tour”

Philadelphia, PA (April 10, 2018) - 2018 marks the 50-year anniversary since the formation of one of rock’s all-time ground breaking supergroups, YES. And to mark this milestone, YES Featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman will be celebrating by touring the world as part of ‘Quintessential YES: The 50th Anniversary Tour.’ In addition to what is promising to be truly memorable shows that span the band’s career, there are also several upcoming YES-related events and releases in store, including:
    YES featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman: 100 Show World Tour

The 100 show World Tour will commence on June 3rd 2018 in Warsaw, Poland, and feature shows in Scandinavia, Germany, UK (including headlining the Stone Free Festival at the O2 Arena in London) and North America in 2018, going on to South America, Central and Southern Europe, ending in Japan and the Far East in 2019.
    Whisky A Go Go Concert

YES Featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman will return to their roots by performing at the Whisky a Go Go, the iconic venue they first performed as a headliner in June 1971. Information on tickets to this show will be available at a later date.

US Tour
    The band will then play 9 shows in August and September including the Greek Theatre in LA on August 29th and Chicagoland’s Ravinia outside on September 7th before continuing the US Leg with 20+ shows in early 2019. Most dates will be going on-sale starting April 20th.
    Quintessential YES 50th Anniversary album and CD

In August, Warner Bros. Records will be releasing an historical 2 CD/3 LP anthology of YES curated by band founder/singer Jon Anderson.

Live CD & DVD
    There will also be released in August/September by Eagle Rock a Live CD and DVD of the band’s show from March 2017 recorded live in Manchester, UK, featuring special mixed in OE Audio by Paul Linford and Trevor Rabin.

New Music
    In addition to all of the above, the band are currently hard at work, creating some stellar new recordings for their 50th Anniversary. This will be the first new music in 28 years featuring Jon Anderson/Trevor Rabin/Rick Wakeman together. It is planned these will also be available for release by the end of 2018 or early 2019.

ABOUT YES FEATURING ARW
    The most successful progressive rock group of all time, 2017 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductees YES, was co-founded by Jon Anderson and the late Chris Squire in 1968. They went on to sell millions of units with releases such as The YES Album, Fragile, Close to The Edge, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Going For The One and 90125, as well as embarking on several record-breaking world tours.

Whilst Rick is predominantly associated with the '70s "prog era" of the band (which saw YES become a worldwide stadium headliner) and Trevor associated with the '80s "mainstream era" of the band (which furthered the band's popularity - including the band's biggest chart success 90125), Jon is the bridge between both factions (as he was a guiding vision of both eras). The touring band line-up is completed by two extraordinary musicians - Lee Pomeroy on bass and Louis Molino III on drums – who help to ensure that YES’ immaculate artistic legacy remains intact.

The worldwide tour with YES featuring Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Rick Wakeman is being produced by renowned concert promoter Larry Magid, who is considered an architect and leader of the modern concert business. With over 17,000 concerts and live events to his credit and still counting, he has produced national and international tours for YES, Billy Crystal, Richard Pryor, Bette Midler, Stevie Wonder, Robin Williams, Gladys Knight, The Isley Bros., Earth Wind & Fire, ARW, Il Divo, The Allman Brothers Band, Patti LaBelle, Grover Washington Jr. and many others. In 1985 Larry Magid, co-produced the American portion of Live Aid, and in 2005, he was the American producer of Live 8. In 2001, he produced the United We Stand concert at RFK Stadium to benefit the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks.
    Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

Re: Quintessential Yes featuring ARW

Rick in January 2018

Now there does seem to be rather a lot of 50th anniversaries floating around at the moment which did set me wondering how these anniversaries are calculated. YES has a 50th this year, but the only people who can truly celebrate the 50 years are Jon, Bill and Tony who were there in 1968. Everybody else joined at various times later. Of course, it can be argued that not every member was there for the entire fifty year term. Truth is, there isn’t one. Had Chris not passed away then he would have been the only one. I suppose the 50th anniversary simply “acknowledges” the formation of the band as it does with every other band celebrating an anniversary. My 50th anniversary with YES would actually be 2021, so I think I’ll wait until then!
    April 2018: Hey Rick! Fancy a money spinning 100 date world tour?

2018 marks the 50-year anniversary since the formation of one of rock’s all-time ground breaking supergroups, YES. And to mark this milestone, YES Featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman will be celebrating by touring the world as part of ‘Quintessential YES: The 50th Anniversary Tour.’

Interesting use of Dean's Yes logo too.

Well, there's the big bang. It was all silence before the storm. I like what I see here, only too bad they're not coming over here. 100 dates....phew....that's a lot. Looking forward to the DVD and the new music!
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrunt View Post
    This will be the first new music in 28 years featuring Jon Anderson/Trevor Rabin/Rick Wakeman together.
    Ahem....this will be the first new music ever featuring Jon Anderson/Trevor Rabin/Rick Wakeman together.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Super Yesfan

Wasn’t it technically Union? Though I remember reading that wakeman and Rabin hadn’t worked together until return.

The press release states 20 dates or so for the US in 2019... debating. Will have to see a set list to think if I’m heading down south for a show this time or waiting until 2019.

Super Mega Yesfan popeyebonaparte's Avatar

For ---- sake. The Manchester CD is coming in August / September??? Why the ----ing wait? And more vague promises of new music in late 2018 or early 2019. In short, the same -------- we've got since 2016.
    And the 2CD / 3LP "anthology" is obviously the mysterious Warner project. Probably another useless compilation and if it is indeed "curated by Jon Anderson", we can all rest assured that we won't find Go Through This on it.
    Not that the other crowd are any better. Still no sign of my copy of Return Trip from the useless twanners at DredgeMusic.
    Peace, love, long live rock n roll

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Looking forward to the DVD ...
    I was at the Manchester concert, and I'm looking forward to seeing this as well.

Wow, that is a huge stuff there. If they get the setlist right, not a ton to be frustrated by then. 100 dates is more then I figured. Looks good. Good news!
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    Not that the other crowd are any better. Still no sign of my copy of Return Trip from the useless twanners at DredgeMusic.
    Well Return Trip has been released. I know because I've got mine. So I think the other crowd are a little bit ahead in that area.

We all know that PledgeMusic are holding back your copy just to annoy you!

Quote Originally Posted by YESfeaturingARW View Post
    There will also be released in August/September by Eagle Rock a Live CD and DVD of the band’s show from March 2017 recorded live in Manchester, UK, featuring special mixed in OE Audio by Paul Linford and Trevor Rabin.
    Does anyone know what "OE Audio" is?

Looks like the new music will be out before most of the touring in 2019. Of all things they have put in writing now in that release, I hope they hold to releasing a new album!

Mega Insane Yesfan

Much to look forward to and enjoy and, of course, much to whine and whinge about, should your inclinations lie in that particular back-alley.

Website looks much better now, too!

What is "featuring special mixed in OE Audio".

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    What is "featuring special mixed in OE Audio".
    Have you got me on ignore????

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Well, if it's a new surround matrix then that may be why it's taking so long - Trevor and Paul had to learn it before they could use it. But hey, I did predict the update would be coming once the dates had leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1727 View Post
    Website looks much better now, too!
    Redone by a completely different company, which says to me that Magid is at least willing to spend some money on online presence, which is a good thing.
    Last edited by luna65; 04-10-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    "If you slice me in two, I'm prog all the way through."
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Mega Yesfan

Over egged

Yes-East-West-Fan

What will be on that Warner-Compilation, stuff until Big Generator, one might think? After that they did not work for that Company again (or belongs the Victory/Talk stuff to Warner as well now?) ... On the other Hand - if it is so easy to get the rights back for FFH, they might be able to put some few excerpts out of Albums from ABWH over Talk and Mag till... till whatever on that sampler... till what?... also from FFH...? If it is more or less 50-years career-spanning there might not be much space left for rare stuff. Seems to be something for the ... ähem.... uninitiated masses out there...

What does Quintessential mean setlist-wise? Probably still till Big Generator plus Key To Ascenison, the last Album so far with two of them playing.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast