Google

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Posting of Copy right music (YES)/or other materials here is NOT ALLOWED!

Posting of Copy right music (YES)/or other materials here is NOT ALLOWED!

All it seems we have forgot that Yes or ANY OTHER Copyrighted material can not be posted to this site. Please stop this activity. Anything found posted to the site will be taken down with out notice.
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

Mega Insane Yesfan

Re: Posting of Copy right music (YES)/or other materials here is NOT ALLOWED!

So, any and all YouTube links, for example, along with all images, album covers, live performance footage by anyone, TV and film clips, links to eBooks, or book covers, just about anything and everything, arbitrarily prohibited? Just to be unequivocally clear about this?
    Has something occurred here that necessitates this?

Do you own the copyright of that ELP street sign photo, Tim?
    Shut Up

This is my current user title Discount Ministry's Avatar

We have two threads devoted to You Tube videos, music and non-music. Please explain the nature of this statement so we can understand better.

Over half of Yesfans could seemingly disappear.
    God gave Rock and Roll and Bacon to YOU.

Mega Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Ministry View Post
    We have two threads devoted to You Tube videos, music and non-music. Please explain the nature of this statement so we can understand better.

Over half of Yesfans could seemingly disappear.
    I'd like the same courtesy please?

There is a concept of fair use that allows some dissemination of these items for demonstration and information purposes.

Does this mean torrents are what's causing this problem or everything in general?

Just asking.

Now where are the terms of service so we all can refresh ourselves? That will help.

Okay, I visited the FAQs and went over them as thoroughly as I could. I don't see any references to this.

Based on this I have to assume some lawyer is cranking on you. Even our Yes avatars would not be allowed and would have to be removed from options.

But please explain in detail the circumstances. Somebody is trying to shut us down in my estimation.
    Last edited by Discount Ministry; 04-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Yesfan

it's likely my fault, i posted a thread of my edits of yes songs

Its been known for years on this site that studio recordings of any fashion are not allowed to be posted. Live versions had been exempt from that rule for some reason. I seem to recall that this site has been thru this before. At least that is what I recall.
    Last edited by Kevin Still; 04-08-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Time has a habit of getting its way

Yesfan

i had seen edits posted before so had foolishly thought that remixed or edited versions might be okay.

This would be specifically detailed in the FAQs and I can't find it. I've been a member since 2011 and have no idea of what this is about. I think you are a member of another site I'm on, know me well enough to understand my confusion and have been here a lot longer so I'd hope that you can find this and point it out. It would indeed help. A lot of us came here long after the supposed event.

Thanks. We all need this.

Mega Insane Yesfan

There have been quite a few fan-edits and 'remixes' of Yes tracks from Heaven and Earth, ever since it was released nearly 4 years ago.

“By registering and posting on site you are agreeing to abide by the following site rules:

1. You agree that you will not post, upload, link to or otherwise publish any content that is unlawful, harmful, rude, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, indecent, libelous, hateful, insulting, sexist, racist or homophobic. No post will infringe on copyrights or other rights of third parties.”

If you haven’t noticed this before, treat it as a new rule from now on.
    C

"It’s 13 degrees and there’s folk in the street in the scud. No the best place, but there’s diamonds in the mud” Gerry Cinammon

Quote Originally Posted by InverYes View Post
    “By registering and posting on site you are agreeing to abide by the following site rules:

1. You agree that you will not post, upload, link to or otherwise publish any content that is unlawful, harmful, rude, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, indecent, libelous, hateful, insulting, sexist, racist or homophobic. No post will infringe on copyrights or other rights of third parties.”

If you haven’t noticed this before, treat it as a new rule from now on.
    I'm guessing you have explicit authority from Roger Dean and Steve Howe to use that logo in your avatar? And possibly agreement from Peter Jackson/Newline Films for the rest of it??
    Shut Up

Well, we can either accept a pretty simple rule to abide by or we can nit pick our way to getting shut down.
    C

"It’s 13 degrees and there’s folk in the street in the scud. No the best place, but there’s diamonds in the mud” Gerry Cinammon

Well, we can either accept a pretty simple rule to abide by or we can nit pick our way to getting shut down.
    I guess that's a "no" then...
    Shut Up

Mega Insane Yesfan

Then you administrators needs to go through every single post on every single thread and remove every single infringement of copyright you can find. That's avatars, signatures that quote lyrics, everything, and when you've done, we'll see what kind of a place we're left with here.

Ah, I get it now. Dollar have been on the phone, haven't they?
    Shut Up

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Then you administrators needs to go through every single post on every single thread and remove every single infringement of copyright you can find. That's avatars, signatures that quote lyrics, everything, and when you've done, we'll see what kind of a place we're left with here.
    You're buggered then. Your name is a straight lift of a lyric. If only I could place it...
    Shut Up

You know there ARE legal trolls...should we just pack it in today? April Fools' Day is a week late.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast