Soon
    Awaken
    Make It Easy
    Owner of a Lonely Heart

Encore

Roundabout
    yesmike0215

Re: ARW Fall 2018 US Setlist Ideas?

I stuck (generally) with what they have been doing..I don’t foresee any ‘major’ changes (no pun intended!). SHAL replaced ROL, and I’m hoping for a surprise like OTSWOF to replace HOTS. I don’t think I Am Waiting went over too well last tour, I hope they swap it with another Yeswest tune like Leave It, It Can Happen, or The Calling. JA has mentioned Mind Drive as a setlist candidate before, hopefully they can rehearse it enough to add it to the set. YIND seems like a safe addition. Soon was on the original set list but they never went through with it. Thoughts?
    yesmike0215

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

I can't see them dropping HotS, it's played well and a vocal showcase for Jon. No way of doing Leave It properly without extensive pre-recorded vocal backing tracks, I think Wakeman would definitely veto that one. I'm not that concerned about the setlist, the main attraction for me is Anderson singing Yes songs again, what songs he chooses to sing doesn't really matter to me.
    "Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are fruit. Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad."

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

I would love it if they dared to take on Close to the Edge, Parallels, Shoot High Aim Low and Real Love.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Yes-East-West-Fan

I am happy if they present a new epic, something from Tales, CTTE or Endless Dream, the latter though seems almost unrealistic.

Then one or two shorter gems out of Anderson/Wakeman collaborations like Future Times, Silent Wings (Trevor would make both rock and vibe) or even some Keys like Bring me To The Power.

And of course some fresh Yes-West like Shoot High and I'm Running. Rabin once said, that he was not happy in 87/88 that they did not get I'm Running right then and stopped playing it early and that he wants to do the song justice one day and Play it. Bring it on...

And yes, one new song maybe... ? Depends on when they want to release something...

Quote Originally Posted by yesmike0215 View Post
    Intro/Cinema
    Perpetual Change
    Hold On
    I’ve Seen All Good People
    South Side of the Sky
    And You And I
    Changes
    Shoot High Aim Low
    On the Silent Wings of Freedom

Intermission

Mind Drive (exerpts)
    Yours Is No Disgrace
    Leave It
    Soon
    Awaken
    Make It Easy
    Owner of a Lonely Heart

Encore

Roundabout

Drop leave it for reasons in another post
    Drop SSOTS

add HOTS and Rhythm of love and that would be a great set list though would love to hear Sweet dreams as well

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I've given up speculation regarding what they will/won't add, but I would like them to play either "Hearts" or "Shoot High Aim Low."
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

I also vote for SHAL. Seems like such a natural for this lineup.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    I've given up speculation regarding what they will/won't add, but I would like them to play either "Hearts" or "Shoot High Aim Low."
    They both would be great... two great songs I feel Wakeman would do wonders for... although I love the rough/angry Hammond work Kaye does on Hearts... I'm sure Wakeman could do something very cool in that section. And SHAL is a great song too for Wakeman to elaborate too.

Endless dream too... I love that song.. but there is a point where it goes flat on me before the ending, maybe that would be a great spot for Wakeman to be creative.

or... maybe a complete bombastic attack with "real love"... and Wakeman sharing solos with the moog with Rabin... yeah.. that might be cool.

and Holy Lamb would be nice... with Wakeman on piano and choir keys

a random duck call would be nice during any Big G tune....
    Last edited by crotale2112; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:02 PM.

still undefined

Insane Yesfan

Well, if a new album or EP comes out before the tour I suspect they will play some new stuff. Otherwise they will probably change one or two songs at most. I can’t imagine them dropping Awaken unless they replace it with a new epic they wrote together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I would love it if they dared to take on Close to the Edge, Parallels, Shoot High Aim Low and Real Love.
    Love to hear those 2!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    I am happy if they present a new epic, something from Tales, CTTE or Endless Dream, the latter though seems almost unrealistic.

Then one or two shorter gems out of Anderson/Wakeman collaborations like Future Times, Silent Wings (Trevor would make both rock and vibe) or even some Keys like Bring me To The Power.

And of course some fresh Yes-West like Shoot High and I'm Running. Rabin once said, that he was not happy in 87/88 that they did not get I'm Running right then and stopped playing it early and that he wants to do the song justice one day and Play it. Bring it on...

And yes, one new song maybe... ? Depends on when they want to release something...
    Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Yes!!

I'd really like to hear Real Love, Shoot High Aim Low & Hearts from Yes West era. Bring Me To The Power, Release, Release & Parallels from JA/RW era. Keep Awaken and SSOTS, drop AYAI & I Am Waiting and play one new song.

If they play Endless Dream I'll die a happy man.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Out of the older Yes music I feel Trevor can have fun with and elaborate with his style is....

Brother of mine

Revealing science of god

Release Release

All three of those songs have a lot of areas where I feel Trevor could "do his thing" and still remain some of the flavor of the original, like he does with AYAI, Awaken and all the others from the last tour.

Just ideas...

still undefined

Miracle of Life
    Heart of the Sunrise

Catherine of Aragon --> Never is a Long, Long Time

Holy Lamb (band version á la Big Generator)
    I'm Running
    Hearts

==== intermission

Money (Wakeman on the mic)
    Going for the One
    Sunshine of Your Love

Endless Dream

====

encore:

Cinema --> Yours is No Disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by DrSludge View Post
    If they play Endless Dream I'll die a happy man.
    That sounds kinda scary..... I think in that case if it were me I'd be wishing for them *not* to play it. Ever.
    "Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are fruit. Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad."

Like all the Yes epics, Endless Dream has some filler, but it's my favorite from Talk. I love the (nearly) a capella choir at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1727 View Post
    Like all the Yes epics, Endless Dream has some filler, but it's my favorite from Talk. I love the (nearly) a capella choir at the end.
    I love the song also. I've even come to terms with that whole bizarre "tin jesus" interlude; my late mum would always insist I turn the volume down when it started up because she thought it sounded like "electronic retching" and it would make her want to retch as well haha. So I've always had that to deal with listening to the song but now it's a pleasant association.

As a live piece in 2018 though? All of it? How do they deal with the massed vocal harmonies in various places that add so much to the song? And second I can't at all see Rick investing the sort of time necessary to learn the entire thing. The rest of them, sure, but it's not the sort of song he could just noodle through. Although I'm sure he could add some appropriately majestic parts when required.

I could see it more as a component in a medley of some sort. I'm likely in the minority here but I've always been fond of medleys, I'd rather hear some of a song than none, and with Yes songs being generally so long, and shows growing shorter with advancing ages etc, the likelihood of hearing the songs you hope for live diminishes all the time. That goes for both versions of the band. A medley touching on a lot of deep cuts rarely heard would be terrific imo.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I love the song also. I've even come to terms with that whole bizarre "tin jesus" interlude; my late mum would always insist I turn the volume down when it started up because she thought it sounded like "electronic retching" and it would make her want to retch as well haha. So I've always had that to deal with listening to the song but now it's a pleasant association.

As a live piece in 2018 though? All of it? How do they deal with the massed vocal harmonies in various places that add so much to the song? And second I can't at all see Rick investing the sort of time necessary to learn the entire thing. The rest of them, sure, but it's not the sort of song he could just noodle through. Although I'm sure he could add some appropriately majestic parts when required.

I could see it more as a component in a medley of some sort. I'm likely in the minority here but I've always been fond of medleys, I'd rather hear some of a song than none, and with Yes songs being generally so long, and shows growing shorter with advancing ages etc, the likelihood of hearing the songs you hope for live diminishes all the time. That goes for both versions of the band. A medley touching on a lot of deep cuts rarely heard would be terrific imo.
    I'm not a medley fan personally. But since they've talked of rearranging songs and they did with some of the songs they've played so far, albeit in some cases more succesful (Long Distance Runaround, Awaken) than others (And You And I), I would welcome a rearrangement of "Endless Dream". I think they could possibly trim it down to 10-11 minutes.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

I would welcome "Release Release" as well.

Curious to see if they will change the order of songs, especially the opening of the show. Cinema/Perpetual Change is a great way to open a show, but since they've opened two US tours and one UK/Euro tour with it, one would think they might do something different now to open the show. Suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast