Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: YES: July 23, Warner Theatre, Washington, DC

Insane Yesfan

YES: July 23, Warner Theatre, Washington, DC

#yes50
    #YES50

Insane Yesfan

Re: YES: July 23, Warner Theatre, Washington, DC

Got my tickets! I’ll be 7 rows back on Steve’s side. Love the Warner theater. Saw the band here in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

Got my ticket today, too! YesO really seem to like the Warner Theatre. I was holding out for a Hershey or Lancaster show, so when they announced Richmond this morning, I finally ponied up. It's a nice theater, but a bit of a chore to get to!

I'll be there, too - also on Steve's side, 3rd row. Anyone up for pre-show at the Elephant & Castle?

Anyone have any tips for finding free parking over by the Warner? What time do they stop meter enforcement in that part of district?

Anyone know any nice hidden spots? Are any of you friendly local business owners who'll lend Yesfans parking spots for the evening? :)

I've been told its near impossible to find free parking down there, but the advantage of the relatively late 8pm start time is that the 9-5 workers will have already vacated the area, right (Maybe not when I start looking for parking, but perhaps by the end of my epic quest)? I'd suggest that tourists might have as well by that hour were we not dealing with summer and daylight savings time, but some of those will probably still be around with the sun not having quite set.

I've never actually been to the theater before, but it seems to be within blocks of a lot of tourist attractions, which worries me a bit parking wise. I looked it up earlier on Google Maps and virtually turned the steets and it was like an illustrated history and government textbook.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

I'm not aware of any free parking garages. I believe street parking is free later in the evening, but not sure what time that kicks in nor how likely you'd be to find a spot street-side before the show.

Insane Yesfan

Good luck finding free parking. I would check on the theater’s site to see what they suggest. I live nearby so I’m taking public transit.

I wish everyone going a tremendous time tonight!
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar

Just a thought, when we go to DC we usually park at one of the DC Metro park and ride locations (free). The Metro is really the way to navigate DC.
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

I'm disappointed brother Tonto. I would have expected a full review before you had gone to sleep....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Amazing show tonight! I have to get ready for bed, so I can't get into it too much right now. I'm exhausted- the venue was quite a trip for me from where I live, and I had a long walk from where I parked to and from the venue. I've been doing some re-hydrating and medicating and such since I got home. :) A lot of fun, and totally worth the pain and fatigue- I hope I have the opportunity again next year or the year after.

I have lots of still photos and maybe a couple of very short videos (I haven't played the videos back yet, so I don't know if I "got the shot" and the sound- I kept them very short out of deference to the band's wishes) to post tomorrow. :) I just have to curate and upload.

I'll also almost certainly post a written review in the days to come. You guys know me and my lengthy posts. :) Spoiler alert: I have plenty of good things to say. :)

Special thanks to the Yesfan who bought me a ticket. You know who you are, and I really appreciate it. Awesome gesture. :) Sharing the gift of Yes is a good thing.
    Last edited by downbyariver; 07-24-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I'm disappointed brother Tonto. I would have expected a full review before you had gone to sleep....
    I'm going to the show in Richmond VA tonight little buddy, so hold your horses. Instead of seeing Yes in an intimate theatre I'm seeing them at a Racetrack. Maybe Steve will spin a couple of laps in his Mercedes before doing the show. :-)
    Learn to love your enemies, because it really pisses them off. – Anon

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. - - Mark Twain
    (let this be a warning to anyone who wants to get in an argument with me. :-)

JR Yesfan

I just couldn't get into the show (despite the incredible lighting and visual effects). Something was missing, and I don't know what. That is, besides the usual: why can't Yes find a competent sound engineer? This time it was the bass that was WAY too loud, to the point of being annoying. Everything else besides the vocals was clear at times and buried at other times, even during solos. Except for the drums, which were pretty much unnoticeable.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast