Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARW with Roger Hodgson on the bill!

Long Island New York, but a Brooklyn Italian at heart

ARW with Roger Hodgson on the bill!

Trevor Rabin posted
    So when we do concerts with any Yes music, I always say, there’s certain things you have to play that Chris played because without those notes, the voice doesn’t sing correctly. - Jon Anderson

For me, it's Jon Anderson's distinctive, light but husky vocal that is as characteristic of their sound as anything - Andy MacIntyre

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Re: ARW with Roger Hodgson on the bill!

This is a crop of the ad for the Stone Free Festival, it's not a new thing.
    "If you slice me in two, I’m prog all the way through.”
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

That’s my birthday...

I had the pleasure of seeing Hodgson live in 2012. He was excellent and had a great time on stage laughing and joking with his band.

This doesn't seem to indicate that Hodgson will be on stage at the same time as ARW performing "Walls" or something, just that they will be performing separately at the same music festival, which we've known for months.

I doubt Anderson would let him perform with ARW even if he wanted to- Didn't Jon walk out of the room or something when Trevor Rabin started praising Rodger's work on "Walls" at a Talk era press conference? I guess things could have changed in the last 25 years or so...
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Yes-East-West-Fan

I once saw David Bowie and Iggy Pop on the same day at the Loreley... you knew it would not happen, but one hopes, ... well, it didn't happen of course. At least they both played Lust For Life in their Shows. Hodgson for one or two songs in YesF seems somewhat a little more likely.

Does not share his porridge Discount Ministry's Avatar

Hey, you gotta get your snacks, T-shirts and use the restroom early!

I did a festival in 1998, found I had a medium allergy to the grass I had to sit on but the organizers were good and let me move about a lot. It was quite hot in the afternoon but blissful and almost cold at nightfall. H.O.R.D.E Festival '98, if you were ever an outdoor concert virgin, it was the way to go.

Except for the little 3 dollar water bottles everyone was trying to refill at the lone drinking fountain and the accompanying 300 foot long line to the restroom, of course. Beer sales were probably a bad idea if you were going to actually be out there to see Guster, Alana Davis, Ben Harper and Innocent Criminals, Blues Traveler, Barenaked Ladies etc. and most of them on stage for a finale.

What a finale though.
    If I don't really exist then at over 10,700 posts my nothingness has longevity, if not serious mojo.

You saw the last go-round then, good stuff.
    - Mr. Poms

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar's Palace View Post
    That’s my birthday...

I had the pleasure of seeing Hodgson live in 2012. He was excellent and had a great time on stage laughing and joking with his band.
    Me too, same year I think. In Anaheim. My wife & I both agreed it was one of the most enjoyable shows we'd ever been to. And his voice is as intact as a voice can possibly be at his age. Would have been worth it at twice the ticket price. Not getting my hopes up but if that's the touring double bill I can't think of a better one this summer.
    "I used to listen to Yes.
    I still do, but I used to, too."

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Given that Roger is already touring across Europe this summer, it's not going to be like that but this winter...who knows? However, I tend to think ARW are going to continue on in the way they have been, as a bijou-tier act with no double-bills or multiple acts line-up.
    - Mr. Poms

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Given that Roger is already touring across Europe this summer, it's not going to be like that but this winter...who knows? However, I tend to think ARW are going to continue on in the way they have been, as a bijou-tier act with no double-bills or multiple acts line-up.
    Either way I'm pretty sure the whole "YesF" thing ends later this year, hopefully with a bang instead of a whimper but I guess time will tell.
    "I used to listen to Yes.
    I still do, but I used to, too."

Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Yeah I don't know; I don't necessarily think they would say it's over, but I could see them devoting next year to other things, possibly. Take That has announced they will be booking a world tour next year for their 25th anniversary, so I don't think Lee will be available for at least six months, if not more - if his schedule is also a factor. And Rick will want to promote his next solo release as well.
    - Mr. Poms

Yeah I don't know; I don't necessarily think they would say it's over, but I could see them devoting next year to other things, possibly. Take That has announced they will be booking a world tour next year for their 25th anniversary, so I don't think Lee will be available for at least six months, if not more - if his schedule is also a factor. And Rick will want to promote his next solo release as well.
    It's not like replacing Lee is an issue (as per Japanese dates) and Wakeman is Wakeman. He'll always do whatever he wants. If Anderson, and the guys who are ok being his backing band, decide to continue...actually release new material, and tour it... they could easily see out the 5 year plan. And why not extend it?
    -----
    paul
    -----

Sure, I get what you mean - but then why ask someone who is that busy to be a part of it in the first place, you know? I think it might be a consideration, it's not like with Lou who basically works for Trevor so he'll always be there. But I think if Jon thought that Yes could be Yes with just him, then he wouldn't have conceived this whole notion of legitimacy with the three of them. Because he had to put in the time to convince Trevor and it's not even certain that he managed it (because Trevor had his own reasons too). He could have saved himself a lot of time, just sayin.'
    - Mr. Poms

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    I once saw David Bowie and Iggy Pop on the same day at the Loreley... you knew it would not happen, but one hopes, ... well, it didn't happen of course. At least they both played Lust For Life in their Shows. Hodgson for one or two songs in YesF seems somewhat a little more likely.
    I remember seeing Iggy with Bowie on keyboards at Newcastle City Hall in 1977. There were 2 curious things about that gig:

1. it was well known that Bowie was going to be appearing, but the place was still only half full
    2. It was obvious that This was totally Iggy's show and Bowie was the sideman, he received virtually no attention at all.

Yes-East-West-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ig View Post
    I remember seeing Iggy with Bowie on keyboards at Newcastle City Hall in 1977. There were 2 curious things about that gig:

1. it was well known that Bowie was going to be appearing, but the place was still only half full
    2. It was obvious that This was totally Iggy's show and Bowie was the sideman, he received virtually no attention at all.
    Oh yes, I know about this tour, I listened to recordings. Bowie himself took care to stay in the Background, I guess. He was even announced with his real Name David Jones... all in all a fine behaviour.

This isn't the place here, but I might post two YouTube-Clips from their Shows in 97 at the Lorely in the What Are You Listening forum later. Both Shows were filmed by german TV-series Rockpalast. I love f.e. the two versions of Lust For Live, both very different, both great.

New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    Either way I'm pretty sure the whole "YesF" thing ends later this year, hopefully with a bang instead of a whimper but I guess time will tell.
    And then Jon A can walk over to YES official and YES can be truly YES again

Yes-East-West-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    And then Jon A can walk over to YES official and YES can be truly YES again

I hope that YesF will still work a while and deliver an Album. They are the better Yes right at the Moment, jusging from the stage-appearance. But if they fall apart, I hope as well, that Anderdon - and at best Rabin as well - would walk over to Yes for a Little Union.

Either with or without Rabin YesO would blossom to a better band again with Anderson. And I cleary see the Chance that Anderson and Howe could work together again. There is too much great art that connnects them. And other like let's say Waters and Gilmour I think Howe and Anderson do Need each other, and in the end even Steve Howe might see the Advantage...

And there were some little, little sparks flying even at RRHOF...
    Last edited by PeterCologne; 03-03-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Insane Yesfan

This is a crop of the ad for the Stone Free Festival, it's not a new thing.
    Yep - it's not new. But TR said something like, 'it's good to be back on the road'.

I would suggest 'back on the road', is stretching it a bit?. (unless more dates are in the offing)
    #YES50

Mega Insane Yesfan

I'm a little at sea here. Is there more of a connection with Roger Hodgson, and this is the guy who used to be with Supertramp, yes?, other than co-writing a track on Talk. I'm not aware of Supertramp doing anything after Breakfast in America, which I didn't care for anyway, and I have no idea of Hodgeson's subsequent work. How did he get into the Yes picture so prominently?

Sure, I get what you mean - but then why ask someone who is that busy to be a part of it in the first place, you know? I think it might be a consideration, it's not like with Lou who basically works for Trevor so he'll always be there. But I think if Jon thought that Yes could be Yes with just him, then he wouldn't have conceived this whole notion of legitimacy with the three of them. Because he had to put in the time to convince Trevor and it's not even certain that he managed it (because Trevor had his own reasons too). He could have saved himself a lot of time, just sayin.'
    I couldn't agree more.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast