Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: UK/Europe #YES50 Setlist

Re: UK/Europe #YES50 Setlist

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    Does not seem like they will retire but who knows. Alan has had ongoing health issues. I could see him calling it a day. Steve? Who knows. We shall see.
    I think Geoff mentioned plans for 2019...? But if Steve and Alan decided to close shop, that is their call and I would respect that. But the youngins' of Geoff, Billy, JD, and Jay, seem pretty fired up. So does Steve come to think of it. He was incredible on the Drama album they did live!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    That is not 110% accurate for example I could die of a heat attack soon
    Where are you, in Las Vegas or the Sahara desert? A fart attack is more likely... Just make sure you don't sneeze and burp at the same time, and you should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    I think Geoff mentioned plans for 2019...? But if Steve and Alan decided to close shop, that is their call and I would respect that. But the youngins' of Geoff, Billy, JD, and Jay, seem pretty fired up. So does Steve come to think of it. He was incredible on the Drama album they did live!

Where are you, in Las Vegas or the Sahara desert? A fart attack is more likely... Just make sure you don't sneeze and burp at the same time, and you should be okay.
    He’s probably still thinking Heat Of The Moment is a Yes song after they played it several times last year.

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

However, they had a lot of hit songs in the 80s- they could play a few of those, and then maybe a token song from each decade thereafter, and really give a sense that this is a band that's been making music for 50 years and not just a band that celebrates some band from the 70s with the same name.
    I think Chris got it right when he commented something along the lines of how well it worked when Rabin adapted songs Howe originally played on, but it didn't work nearly so well the other way around. Howe really doesn't play Owner well at all, and ESPECIALLY that picking bit directly following the solo, and I can't see it being much different no matter what Yeswest song they might tackle.
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Being considerably older than you, I actually lived through 1979. I was 20 that year. I was born 14 years after the end of the Second World War. We're already 18 years past the start of this century. I have this to look forward to: I will almost certainly pre-decease you. This will come as a relief, possibly to both of us.
    Lol, I wouldn't be so sure of that, with a phony moron president of a gun obsessed divided loony-tune nation that's sure to become the enemy of the entire world by 2020 the way things are going. Kaboom for us all, likely the same day.
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    Lol, I wouldn't be so sure of that, with a phony moron president of a gun obsessed divided loony-tune nation that's sure to become the enemy of the entire world by 2020 the way things are going. Kaboom for us all, likely the same day.
    You got that "phoney moron president" bit right. Laughing stock of the rest of the world. But, y'know, he's all about making America great again. LOL
    -----
    paul
    -----

Everything works better with Music! M-Class Planet's Avatar
    Clydebank, wishing everyday I was living in Nashville

it's a sort of damming indictment on how they appear think everything post 90125 is irrelevant.
    This never happens - Me; I had Pizza last night; it tasted soooo good. Other guy; I hate Pizza! it sucks! Me; oh man, now my pizza last night didn't taste good.
    So why do people think this should happen - Me; Man, I listend to 90125 last night. I loved it! Other guy; I hate 90125, it sucks!
    Me; Oh man, now I didn't love it!

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by M-Class Planet View Post
    it's a sort of damming indictment on how they appear think everything post 90125 is irrelevant.
    They tend to only play new material on the tour for that album, maybe the next your, and then drop it. I think they did this for Talk, Open Your Eyes, The Ladder, FFH, and H&E. Maybe the Magnification material lasted a little longer considering they played it with Rick after he returned to the band. This isn't a new phenomenon for the band.

They did play "Nine Voices" on one of the cruises in the last few years. And they did Believe Again on that same cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    so lots to look forward to for me and no amount of b*tching and moaning about anything and everything is going to influence that.
    Good plan.
    My book Solid Mental Grace: Listening to the Music of Yes will be published on 25 March 2018, 232pp, price £12. It can be ordered from the publishers here. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solidmentalgrace/

Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    They tend to only play new material on the tour for that album, maybe the next your, and then drop it. I think they did this for Talk, Open Your Eyes, The Ladder, FFH, and H&E. Maybe the Magnification material lasted a little longer considering they played it with Rick after he returned to the band.
    Indeed. Given that it's the band's 50th anniversary, it would be good if they showed confidence in at least two or three tracks from recent albums. Very much doubt it, though.
    My book Solid Mental Grace: Listening to the Music of Yes will be published on 25 March 2018, 232pp, price £12. It can be ordered from the publishers here. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/solidmentalgrace/

Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    They tend to only play new material on the tour for that album, maybe the next your, and then drop it. I think they did this for Talk, Open Your Eyes, The Ladder, FFH, and H&E. Maybe the Magnification material lasted a little longer considering they played it with Rick after he returned to the band. This isn't a new phenomenon for the band.

They did play "Nine Voices" on one of the cruises in the last few years. And they did Believe Again on that same cruise.
    The term believe "Believe Again" doesn't apply too much to the band's post 1980 material except from OOALH and RoL for the most part with a couple exceptions that you cited plus Hearts in the late 90s. One (tour) and done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4