Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: YES at CTTE 2018

Insane Yesfan

YES at CTTE 2018

YES play their first gig tonight at 5pm EST / 10pm GMT

YES held a Q&A session onboard this morning with Howe, White, Downes, Davison, Sherwood and Schellen present.
    Last edited by Christof; 02-04-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    #YES50

Re: YES at CTTE 2018

Tony wasn't there? Any sample questions and answers?
    Drifting endlessly,

Peace, SteveR

http://www.myspace.com/skroehr

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Tony wasn't there? Any sample questions and answers?
    No new news apparently and the band are 'tight lipped' right now on the US Tour.

Tony didn't fancy the 10am EST start for the Q&A (allegedly)
    Last edited by Christof; 02-04-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    #YES50

"Steve doesn't want to say anything about a new album - If they say anything, then they become obligated or restricted. But he implied there are songs in the works."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----
    paul
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Christof View Post
    Tony didn't fancy the 10am EST start for the Q&A (allegedly)
    That sounds like Tony. :) He'll probably hold his own Q&A at the bar later- ladies only.

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    "Steve doesn't want to say anything about a new album - If they say anything, then they become obligated or restricted. But he implied there are songs in the works."
    I've long thought that Steve's feelings make sense in the respect that it really is better to say you're not sure they'll be a new album (or to decline comment) if you're not sure they'll be an album, rather than hyping everyone up and then disappointing them. I can respect that a lot more than the way some in the industry promise the moon and then deliver little to nothing. You always know that when Steve Howe announces something, it'll happen, and I appreciate that about him.

On the other hand, ideally there would be definite plans for a new album by now, and then he could announce something without breaking his informal policy, because it would actually be happening. July makes it 4 years and counting. With an older band, one really begins to wonder, especially as it seems they will miss the four year mark given touring commitments in Europe and North America unless they've been recording in secret.

On a more positive note, it was nice to see Jay Schellen right in the thick of things in that picture from the Q&A. I would love to see him elevated to a regular part of the band (versus a touring musician who some tours is there and some tours is not) if it's determined that there are going to be two drummers long-term or in the event of a drumming vacancy. To me, he's best available. Very much in the Alan White mold. I was blown away by his ability to do Tales and Drama as well as he did only 8 days after being told he was getting the gig the first time.

If Yes doesn't lock Schellen down, and maybe even if they do, he would also be a good candidate to replace Carl Palmer in Asia should Carl leave the band. I only mention this because Carl had said in an interview somewhere that he had planned to leave before the next album anyway even had John Wetton not passed away. Obviously, retaining Carl would be ideal, and maybe all it'll take is addressing his complaint, which was that he felt the new music was getting too mid-tempo, by promising to add some extra rock into the mix on potential forthcoming Asia album(s). If Carl can't do it, though, Schellen would be great for that type of music, and obviously had ties with both Sherwood and Downes, and was even in Asia for a spell (Silent Nation era, I believe) as well as GPS, Circa:, etc..

Of course, Schellen does have a regular gig in Unruly Child, and that might effect his availability.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

No setlist posted on setlist.fm yet. Hopefully we can get some of the folks on the cruise to fill us in here after the show is complete. :)
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Does not share his porridge Discount Ministry's Avatar

Can you imagine the weeks of wailing and anxious nailbiting that would ensue if they were to say we are doing a/b/c and then people go Where Is It?!?!?

It's going to be more fun this way, like not knowing if you are really getting that Corvette you want for your birthday or if your wife bought you a Barbie Corvette to park next to her Dream Home?

(Well, you did buy all those power tools and kitchen gadgets for her to make her life so much easier, admit it)
    Felt I was being accused of being full of beans.

Finished eating the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    That sounds like Tony. :) He'll probably hold his own Q&A at the bar later- ladies only.
    Hopefully not as Tonys partner , M Daniela Torchia, is on the Cruise with him.

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    On a more positive note, it was nice to see Jay Schellen right in the thick of things in that picture from the Q&A. I would love to see him elevated to a regular part of the band
    Having seen some pics of Alan at a band dinner (with Downes and wife) he looks terribly thin and frail after that recent bout of infection. So keeping Jay around for the Cruise and Europe is a very good move.
    -----
    paul
    -----

London (and sometimes Dharamasala, India)

I just saw on Facebook a short clip of YIND with Tony.
    26/10/77 (Wembley); 26/10/78 (Wembley); 14/12/80 and 16/12/80 (Hammersmith); 11/7/84 and 12/7/84 (Wembley); 8/12/87 (Montreal); 23/8/89 (ABWH - Ottawa); ... The Wilderness Years ...; 16/6/04 (Wembley); 17/11/09 (Hammersmith); 17/11/11 (Hammersmith); 26/3/13, 27/3/13 and 29/3/13 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/4/14 and 9/4/14 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/5/14 (Royal Albert Hall); 15/11/15 and 16/11/15 (Cruise to the Edge); 10/5/16 (Royal Albert Hall); 19/3/17 (ARW - Hammersmith); 24/3/18 and 25/3/18 (London Palladium)

New to the site

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    To me that makes sense... I doubt Steve knows but ARW have had new music "almost ready" since before they played their first gig!!!

Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Punj Lizard View Post
    I just saw on Facebook a short clip of YIND with Tony.
    Link?

I don't do Facebook so I accept the clip's existence by faith.

Super Mega Yesfan popeyebonaparte's Avatar

Come on we want a setlist!!!
    Peace, love, long live rock n roll

That too, right now I want an Eagles touchdown.

Another review, oh yeah that's good. I can't believe the NBC crew making all this drama.

Insane Yesfan

Interception, Bitches!

Ooops, sorry, I meant: Fumble, bitches!!
    Last edited by cjreyes; 02-04-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    yadda~yadda - "It's the sound they make in Heaven. It's the sound for here on Earth. I hear it in the whispering of the Wonders that we search."

Tony looking very good in that clip, thank you for sharing that.
    Same body language he has had since the 60's

Hope to see more clips.
    True

Okay, Eagles won! Where's the Tony Kaye footage?

AHA! While I don't really know who Amy Hoffman is, she has a lovely avatar and Thank You for the minute of Yesness!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast