Google

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Yes' 50th activities

Re: Yes' 50th activities

They should start with the actual ballet.

Come on, Downes in a tutu, Steve in tights, Davison in pointe shoes..... Who wouldn't be moved by that...?
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post

Come on, Downes in a tutu, Steve in tights, Davison in pointe shoes..... Who wouldn't be moved by that...?

I think everyone would be moved....or rather move themselves....outside the venue that is.....
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

SR Mega Yesfan

ARW, to retaliate, could stage the ballet Anderson wrote.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    ARW, to retaliate, could stage the ballet Anderson wrote.

Henry
    Ursprung, part of Underground Rumours staged by Scottish Ballet in 1979. I saw it at Coventry. Ian Anderson contributed The Water's Edge, and there was a ballet based on Shakespeare characters to music by Duke Ellington to conclude. I have the programme knocking about somewhere. What I remember of it was very good. It may have been that evening that triggered my love of ballet......
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

SR Mega Yesfan

Ursprung, part of Underground Rumours staged by Scottish Ballet in 1979. I saw it at Coventry. Ian Anderson contributed The Water's Edge, and there was a ballet based on Shakespeare characters to music by Duke Ellington to conclude. I have the programme knocking about somewhere. What I remember of it was very good. It may have been that evening that triggered my love of ballet......
    A recording of the music emerged online a few years ago.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Ever since first hearing Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe I have though this 'dawn' section would be perfect for opening a Yes concert.....
    I'm thinking Louie, Louie or the intro to Smoke On The Water would be great.

Just imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ig View Post
    How about no intro music at all.

Just walk on, plug in, then "Hello, we're Yes. Tonight we have Mr Patrick Moraz joining us on keyboards. This is is called Sound Chaser"
    That, is a great idea! But right after Louie, Louie.

Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    I agree... Yes is special, they need a grand entrance.... it's prog... using dry ice and lasers would be even better... having midgets in elf costumes bringing the instruments out to the band would really be cool, then having them float away by using cables... prog at it's best.

Yes has never used a water fountain display behind the stage yet...you know, vegas style... that could be cool, water dancing to yes music.... it's super corny but I would love it... I can see Jon loving it and Trevor being embarrassed while it was in use, if they did. :)

if anything... my favorite opening so far was the close encounters opening during the Tormato tour... if I had my way for the 50th.... it would be the Firebird into close encounters into Starship trooper to open a show.
    Great ideas! Maybe Munchkins frolicking around the stage to Firebird Suite sped up super fast in triple speed maybe. And champagne fountains on both sides of the stage too? Something grand and proggy for the 50th...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5