Google

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes' 50th activities

Yes' 50th activities

From FB today

"Yes' U.S. summer tour will be in June & July; about 35 dates. Should be announced in Feb."
    -----
    paul
    -----

Insane Yesfan

Re: Yes' 50th activities

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    From FB today

"Yes' U.S. summer tour will be in June & July; about 35 dates. Should be announced in Feb."
    Yeah. Geoff said in a recent interview it was June and July. Where on FB was this?.
    #YES50

Quote Originally Posted by Christof View Post
    Yeah. Geoff said in a recent interview it was June and July. Where on FB was this?.
    Post by Doug Curran who has some connections to the band. I saw it in the "Yes through the ages" group
    -----
    paul
    -----

Link to this cause that is exciting
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

Any word on what the set list could be? (i.e. album series, greatest hits, etc?)
    yesmike0215

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    What? Touring in the US like they have most summers in the last decade?

Wishing you well...

Yes. Fingers crossed for midwest dates.

Insane Yesfan

"What do you have coming up in 2018?Geoff: As it's the Yes 50th Anniversary, there promises to be a great deal of activity around that celebration in 2018. In February, Cruise To The Edge looks set to be one of the most exciting collection of bands yet, and subsequent to that, there is an extensive UK Tour (plus some European dates) for Yes. In amongst that, I also have a solo show on the inaugural HMS Prog cruise at the beginning of March. Then there is big US tour planned for Yes in June and July, and possibly some more Asia shows in the autumn. So yes, it's certainly looking like another busy year ahead for me".

http://teamrock.com/feature/2017-12-...downes-my-2018
    #YES50

Insane Yesfan

I hope it is true that it will be a substantial tour. I was surprised that the European tour was so short and only had three dates outside the U.K. Did they have trouble booking venues?

Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    I hope it is true that it will be a substantial tour. I was surprised that the European tour was so short and only had three dates outside the U.K. Did they have trouble booking venues?
    YesF did the same on their last UK/Euro tour.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    What? Touring in the US like they have most summers in the last decade?
    Yes god forbid I get excited about my favorite band touring.... Josuev would it kill you to smile
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

There is only one YES with Howe

Yes god forbid I get excited about my favorite band touring.... Josuev would it kill you to smile
    Send him some laughing gas , you can do it by PDF download these days

bobby dread

Tony Kaye has also been announced as a special guest on the tour (or is that still not official yet)....

There is only one YES with Howe

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    Tony Kaye has also been announced as a special guest on the tour (or is that still not official yet)....
    It has come officially from the band

Quote Originally Posted by yesmike0215 View Post
    Any word on what the set list could be? (i.e. album series, greatest hits, etc?)
    Well they're doing the "1 from each of the first 10 albums" + two sides if Tales in Europe since they haven't played those there. Steve did say they weren't going to do the two Tales sides on a Yes50 US tour since they already did those there, but what they will play he didn't say. I think Alan said somewhere they were looking at some surprises plus some wel known stuff.

If I were to take a guess, taking into account that Yes does change its set list from tour to tour, but often not that drastically and given that Tony Kaye will guest, I think it's likely we'll see most of the "1 song from each of the first ten albums" songs return (Tony can guest on Survival, TAAW and Yours is No Disgrace) + a selection of greatest hits/classics and perhaps one or two rarities.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Well they're doing the "1 from each of the first 10 albums" + two sides if Tales in Europe since they haven't played those there. Steve did say they weren't going to do the two Tales sides on a Yes50 US tour since they already did those there, but what they will play he didn't say. I think Alan said somewhere they were looking at some surprises plus some wel known stuff.

If I were to take a guess, taking into account that Yes does change its set list from tour to tour, but often not that drastically and given that Tony Kaye will guest, I think it's likely we'll see most of the "1 song from each of the first ten albums" songs return (Tony can guest on Survival, TAAW and Yours is No Disgrace) + a selection of greatest hits/classics and perhaps one or two rarities.
    I still say it’s one song per album
    GTT

They should take the setlist approach for the first leg of the 35th anniversary tour minus the acoustic set.
    Last edited by josuev80; 1 Week Ago at 01:14 PM.

I think Tony is game to play ANY Yes song after seeing the Circa Yes Medley. Certainly some highlights from his era for sure, greatest hits, and hopefully 2 or 3 nice surprises!!!

Going to be something with 2 drumers, 2 keyboardists, and possibly a Moraz appearance..? A sort of Union of their own. Future Times indeed!!

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by yesmike0215 View Post
    Some hints on set list at http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm#touring

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Super Mega Yesfan

I still say it’s one song per album
    Ever the optimist!

No way they play that long.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast