Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Yes' 50th activities

New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar

Re: Yes' 50th activities

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I still don’t get how people who hate Heaven & Earth claim they don’t want another album as it will be the exact same when has yes done the exact same in their 50 year history?

Was close to the edge the same as fragile?
    The ladder the same as Open Your Eyes?

No
    I do know what you mean
    I do hope that YES release the long track that they were working on at the time of H and E and also that Howe gets the artistic freedom to release a song as he wants to release it
    But i do hope that YES rock out
    Really rock out

Re: Yes' 50th activities

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I still don’t get how people who hate Heaven & Earth claim they don’t want another album as it will be the exact same when has yes done the exact same in their 50 year history?

Was close to the edge the same as fragile?
    The ladder the same as Open Your Eyes?

No
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I think Rabin105 is completely right to say that should you not like Heaven & Earth doesn't mean that you will necessarily not like a new album. Yes albums are often not the like the one before or the one after.

However, if, like you Don, you haven't liked anything for several albums/years, then, sure, it is unlikely that a new album will change that. If you're missing Anderson, Squire or Wakeman, then a band with Howe/White/Downes/Sherwood/Davison isn't going to deliver that.

Henry
    What is fun for me is first hearing a new Yes project and how different it is from the last. I'm sure this will be the case if there are new albums from both bands. And of coarse some similarities or nods to Yes past.

Steve is a part of the true Yes trinity, and so is Anderson. So I know there will be some true Yes blood from the heart on both projects, but I'm prepared for a sound that is not 100%, or even close, from both. Which is why i hope they don't go prog formula and repeat themselves, but try something different that represents who both bands are now... Progressive rock is supposed to be risky and progress. I expect some good chunks from both bands, but without Squire, they are missing some major mojo.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9