Thread: 1979-04-12 - Yes - University of Dayton Arena - Dayton, OH (new tape)

New to the site

1979-04-12 - Yes - University of Dayton Arena - Dayton, OH (new tape)

Greetings folks,
    I run the Audience Tape Preservation Channel on YouTube and I'm looking for a volunteer to properly break up the tracks on this tape, as I'm not familiar enough with the material to get all the medleys and whatnot separated properly. I'll be happy to dropbox it to someone, who may then send it around properly.
    Quality is pretty good, I see on etree that the old tape has speed issues. None on this one. Got that "arena" sound but the sound is clear.
    Anyone interested, please PM me.

Cheers,
    Audience Tape Guy

Re: 1979-04-12 - Yes - University of Dayton Arena - Dayton, OH (new tape)

Hard to tell from the thread if anyone has taken you up on this, but I'd love to do it. PM sent.

bobby dread

I'd love to as well..............particularly since I was AT THIS SHOW !! NOt only that, but, it was my first YES concert. 14 years old, and way too young to be smoking weed (even though I was) !

That is so amazing this thread popped up.........would love to hear this show.

bobby dread

Quote Originally Posted by carlmarx38 View Post
    I'd love to as well..............particularly since I was AT THIS SHOW !! NOt only that, but, it was my first YES concert. 14 years old, and way too young to be smoking weed (even though I was) !

That is so amazing this thread popped up.........would love to hear this show.
    Found the Youtube link for the Show.....wow what a treat !

You were there? I'd let you have it then :-) But it seems we were both a little slow on the uptake. Following on from a post in the "fixes and mixes" thread: if this had been a Zappa forum, he'd have had a dozen offers within the hour. Yesfans just aren't that into audience recordings, or boots in general, I guess.

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallasman View Post
    You were there? I'd let you have it then :-) But it seems we were both a little slow on the uptake. Following on from a post in the "fixes and mixes" thread: if this had been a Zappa forum, he'd have had a dozen offers within the hour. Yesfans just aren't that into audience recordings, or boots in general, I guess.
    Some of it depends on how well a tour is all ready represented. A recording of this exact same caliber from Topographic would be a cherished find. But there are all ready enough high quality recordings from the Tormato tour that a discovery like this isn’t really going to attract the same interest. It’s a nice sounding performance, but there are other recordings that sound nicer from the same tour.
    “Love is bigger than anything in its way.”-U2

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Some of it depends on how well a tour is all ready represented. A recording of this exact same caliber from Topographic would be a cherished find. But there are all ready enough high quality recordings from the Tormato tour that a discovery like this isn’t really going to attract the same interest. It’s a nice sounding performance, but there are other recordings that sound nicer from the same tour.
    I saw a lacklustre Tormato show. All looked bored except Jon Anderson.