Google

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Moraz to be involved in #YES50? (Unconfirmed).

Super Mega Yesfan

Moraz to be involved in #YES50? (Unconfirmed).

So says Alan.
    #YES50

Re: Moraz to be involved in #YES50

Where ???

Please let this be true! No wonder ARW are quiet. Billy no mates...

Where
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

Source?
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
    Quietly making new music

bobby dread

This is great news.....good consolation for fact that for 2 consecutive years of RRHOF, he has been locked out of nominated band lineups (i.e., YES ans Moody Blues)...

..... starting to look like A, R and W will be the only three ex-members NOT invited to join in with the #YES50 celebrations
    -----
    paul
    -----

Best news possible!

E
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Thought so, great news!

Yes-East-West-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    ..... starting to look like A, R and W will be the only three ex-members NOT invited to join in with the #YES50 celebrations
    Rabins and Andersons Yes might still continue to be more thrilling and more courageous than Howe's Yes.

Would be wonderful though to have two strong Yes'. I'd love YesO to be great as well. I actually don't want to downgrade them all the time. But with this corelineup and with Howe materializing his band much too tame and sterile that Yes they won't really impress, disregarding how many ex-members they include onstage.

You counting on Igor, Bruford, O Wakeman, and David playing with Yes this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    Rabins and Andersons Yes might still continue to be more thrilling and more courageous than Howe's Yes.

Would be wonderful though to have two strong Yes'. I'd love YesO to be great as well. I actually don't want to downgrade them all the time. But with this corelineup and with Howe materializing his band much too tame and sterile that Yes they won't really impress, disregarding how many ex-members they include onstage.
    It’s quality, not quantity. A UB40 like lineup doesn’t guarantee anything one way or another.

Super Insane Yesfan

from latest downes interview"Talking briefly about the album series I ask if we are likely to see it go further, perhaps with Relayer being performed in it’s entirety? Ohhhhhhh, welllllll, we’ve been talking about it, he pauses, he isn’t giving anything away here. It’s not an easy album to play as I am sure you know. I wouldn’t be surprised if we try to venture into something like Sound Chaser. For the English tour Patrick Moraz might be floating around so it might be a possibility to do that one.

Super Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    You counting on Igor, Bruford, O Wakeman, and David playing with Yes this year?
    Igors a friend on fb and we've chatted a bit. Not sure he's doing much at the moment but pretty sure that would be a big negative.

Bruford and David have retired from performing.

Would love to see Oliver back with the band for a few UK guest spots and/or contributions to material for a new Yes 50th anniversary album too. Huge respect.
    -----
    paul
    -----

I'm assuming Moraz and Kaye will be at different shows, or be trading off a second set of keyboards, each doing different songs during the show paired with Downes, or maybe on a rotation with Downes with two of the three on any given song.

However, it's interesting to imagine what a stage setup would look like with three keyboardists. Do they maybe have them form a half circle in the back row, with Howe, Davison, and Sherwood inside the circle and in front? Normally you'd really want the drums in the back because of noise level issues, but with modern technology, I wonder if they couldn't be put in between the keyboardists and the front row guys. I guess there is always the possibility of keeping the drums in the back but putting them on giant risers so that they can be seen overtop of the three sets of keyboards. :)

It'd be nice if these guys were all getting together to help with a new Yes album of original material, but of course I strongly suspect it's going to be for touring, because that's where the money is.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I think this is great news - if it works out - but I don't see why it has to be an opportunity to criticize the other side. I think it's enough to just enjoy the thought of them possibly performing "Sound Chaser" with Pat. Or am I being unreasonable and missing out on a grand vista of schadenfreude some of you live in the vicinity of?
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Yes-East-West-Fan

Igors a friend on fb and we've chatted a bit. Not sure he's doing much at the moment but pretty sure that would be a big negative.
    Igor gotta get rehabilitation at some Point. Forgiveness is one word out of Yesworld, so... and he was a really good Yes-keyboardplayer, you can tell him that...

Quote Originally Posted by josuev80 View Post
    Igor
    In the current socio-cultural climate, bringing back Igor would be a huge mistake that would cripple ticket sales and probably put protesters outside the doors of concert venues unless it somehow slipped under the mainstream radar, which is unlikely given a 50th anniversary tour. Igor's behavior towards women was not considered appropriate by the band in the 90s, so I doubt they'd consider it any more appropriate now in a climate that is (correctly) much less friendly to that sort of thing. I mean, Downes' Twitter comments indicate that he might not mind someone like Igor in the band, but it'd be bad business, and I'm sure they all realize that.

Plus, you know, Igor is not really a huge part of Yes history. He did a couple songs on Open Your Eyes that he didn't write (Billy did most of the keyboards on most of the songs on that album) and then The Ladder. So, it really isn't worth the headache.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast