Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,061 to 1,066 of 1066

Thread: ARW 50th Activities!?

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Re: ARW 50th Activities!?

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Rick already stated in the April GORR that he was working on a follow-up to Piano Portraits.
    So many Rick Wakeman solo records and only the very first one is actually worth having as far as I’m concerned.
    “Love is bigger than anything in its way.”-U2

Super Insane Yesfan

RICK WAKEMAN
    A great first day rehearsal with Jon and Trev. .....Jon singing beautifully and as well as ever and Trev playing brilliantly as always....I threw in a few wrong notes just to make it interesting,

11:25 PM - 14 May 2018

Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by highfell View Post

Maybe they can record some new stuff as well while they are together 😀
    I think it is clear that one reason an EP will be released is that they could see a full album wouldn't be ready until mid to late 2019 when Wakeman might not (probably won't) be around.

I still think most of the songs that didn't make it will appear on Rabin's solo album "with special guest Jon Anderson from YES! (as the sticker will say on the CD in 2020).

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    I think it is clear that one reason an EP will be released is that they could see a full album wouldn't be ready until mid to late 2019 when Wakeman might not (probably won't) be around.

I still think most of the songs that didn't make it will appear on Rabin's solo album "with special guest Jon Anderson from YES! (as the sticker will say on the CD in 2020).
    You may be right about Rick, he might be close to a record for how long he's been a Yes band right now LOL

I hope to hear the other songs too Rick said are just "good" on a A/R album or something. I have a feeling Trevor has been masterminding some new ARW music while the other 2 have been doing other stuff lately. I hope so!

Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    You may be right about Rick, he might be close to a record for how long he's been a Yes band right now LOL

I hope to hear the other songs too Rick said are just "good" on a A/R album or something. I have a feeling Trevor has been masterminding some new ARW music while the other 2 have been doing other stuff lately. I hope so!
    Exactly. It occurred to me a few months ago that Wakeman has been in ARW as long as he has been in Yes. Rabin said he had 5 ot 6 songs ready for his vocal album and to me that meant ARW would release a 30 minute album with Rabin mulling over the "merely good" songs. As you said, I can see Rabin polishing one or two more songs thereby making a short 30 to 35 minute ARW album. We'll know in a few weeks. Definately, maybe!

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by frumious b View Post
    so many rick wakeman solo records and only the very first one is actually worth having as far as i’m concerned.
    yep!

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54