Google

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ARW 50th Activities!?

Insane Yesfan

Re: ARW 50th Activities!?

I'd prefer some new music from ARW over some gimmicky "special event," but that's just me.

Perhaps the silence from the YESf camp is progress being made on various fronts for the 50'th.
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinArchers View Post
    I had heard from the Yes Podcast that they would do some type of hologram thing. What it will be who knows. Will it be a new way to bring and huge stage set up without having to lug the stage around? Will they perform one show somewhere and have other shows at the same time in other locations? Will they bring back members who are passed on? We will find out soon enough.
    It would be funny if Tony Kaye did a special guest event for both Yes camps but, yes I know that's doubtful so blasny blasny eh...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimmygtr; 2 Days Ago at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    I'd prefer some new music from ARW over some gimmicky "special event," but that's just me.
    Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    Perhaps the silence from the YESf camp is progress being made on various fronts for the 50'th.
    Let's hope so!! But I am impressed with the silence. Shut up or play/record new music

Hopefully everything is going well with the live album. Its understandable that the band is relaxing and not giving interviews, but in this day of short attention spans (guilty as charged ), one would think that their social media pages would be more active.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I've been watching Rick's site for his monthly update, but other than to announce the Over The Moon event has been postponed there hasn't been one for November. Otherwise I don't really expect to see anything because Jon and Trevor are much less active on social media.
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

New to the site

It was a pleasure to meet Roger Dean at his exhibition at Trading Boundaries earlier this month. After hearing I had taken two trains, a replacement bus and a steam train to get there, he very kindly offered me a lift back to the station! In the car I asked him if there was any chance he would do a cover for YesfARW or if he was solely YesO now. He said it could happen if everyone agreed to it.

To me, it sounds like he is perfectly willing but I think if Steve Howe has a veto, he will use it. Whatever chance existed for ARW to have a Roger Dean cover has probably evaporated now that they are also using the YES name. Why would Steve allow them the added legitimacy of a Roger Dean cover?

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    It was a pleasure to meet Roger Dean at his exhibition at Trading Boundaries earlier this month. After hearing I had taken two trains, a replacement bus and a steam train to get there, he very kindly offered me a lift back to the station! In the car I asked him if there was any chance he would do a cover for YesfARW or if he was solely YesO now. He said it could happen if everyone agreed to it.

To me, it sounds like he is perfectly willing but I think if Steve Howe has a veto, he will use it. Whatever chance existed for ARW to have a Roger Dean cover has probably evaporated now that they are also using the YES name. Why would Steve allow them the added legitimacy of a Roger Dean cover?
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I believe Yes/Howe control rights over the classic logo(s), but that wouldn't stop Dean painting something unrelated for ARW. He does plenty of covers for other bands that look quite Yes-ish.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Super Mega Yesfan

ARW The Musical, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Christof View Post

ARW The Musical, perhaps?
    sorry but the holograph technology while looking slightly cheesy kind of creeps me out if they did it with say Chris I just I don't know how I would feel
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

YES and YES , two YES's from me

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    sorry but the holograph technology while looking slightly cheesy kind of creeps me out if they did it with say Chris I just I don't know how I would feel
    Agreed it is a wrong step
    Technology gone wrong

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I believe a more reasonable assumption would be something along the lines of the video which TwinArchers posted - an interactive landscape of some kind. But that kind of tech is expensive so it seems like it would be for a special event.
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3