Google

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Topographic Drama

Topographic Drama

Interesting new blog post at the Gottlieb brothers site about their work on the packaging for "Topographic Drama"

https://gottliebbros.com/2017/11/07/...gottlieb-bros/

The previous entries "We're back" and "we're back 2" make for interesting reading too.
    -----
    paul
    -----

Re: Topographic Drama

Thanks for posting that. Found it very interesting, and really liked the Steve Howe interview about Anthology that was linked. Haven't pulled the trigger on that yet, but I will now...same with Anthology 2.
    Last edited by Galactic; 6 Days Ago at 10:47 PM.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

This is cool... great to see this coming out and what a great time in Yes history.... it was a fantastic tour filled with amazing musicianship and good energy.

It felt good leaving a Yes concert with that magic buzz that lingers for days.... that doesn't happen very often with Yes for me now a days, after being spoiled by killer Yes tours from the past I always just hope for the best when I see them now, but the Topographic/Drama tour was very cool and the albums gelled very well live.... just great... this is good news.

still undefined

In short: Yes have never sounded better than on the Topographic Drama tour and this promises to be one of the best live albums in the 50 year history of the band. We can’t wait for you to hear it.

That is quite the endorsement.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    In short: Yes have never sounded better than on the Topographic Drama tour and this promises to be one of the best live albums in the 50 year history of the band. We can’t wait for you to hear it.

Well that's 3x reviews I've seen for this live set and all are glowing in their praise. Here's hoping the NJNY'ers, the AWR'ers and the Yes haters faction on YF at least give it a fair listen (yearh right)
    -----
    paul
    -----

Makes you think they might have something to sell......

I intend to buy it and give it a fair crack. I shall listen to the album too....
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

I’ll certainly concede that the band presents professional caliber performances of some of the most AMAZING music ever recorded, but to claim that “Yes have never sounded better” doesn’t seem credible to me. It’s just folks paid by the band and Rhino hyping the new release.
    "...holding hands while the walls come tumbling down"

Super Mega Yesfan

Indeed.

Having seen YES live since the Tales tour in 1973, I was privileged to have attended some of the early shows on the 2016 tour. I totally agree with Doug and Glenn.

People like what they like. I get that, but “never sounded better”?

These are the brothers who published an essay in their magazine during the Talk era basically demanding that the band reunite the classic lineup. And now they are claiming that the new live album, for which they just coincidentally happened to have drawn a paycheck, sounds better than the seventies versions of Yes?

Money talks.

YES and YES , two YES's from me

This Release is from the Tour that had great reviews
    That is enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    I’ll certainly concede that the band presents professional caliber performances of some of the most AMAZING music ever recorded, but to claim that “Yes have never sounded better” doesn’t seem credible to me. It’s just folks paid by the band and Rhino hyping the new release.
    It's marketing talk of course. But with that being said, the previews on Youtube with the Howe interview do sound quite impressive.
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

The stage show visually looked more elaborate than had been the case for many a year, so it's a shame there's no video component to the release.

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    Well that's 3x reviews I've seen for this live set and all are glowing in their praise. Here's hoping the NJNY'ers, the AWR'ers and the Yes haters faction on YF at least give it a fair listen (yearh right)
    Sounds like you like Drama,No pun intended.

Insane Yesfan

Never sounded better as opposed to never performed better! I have heard (no pun, honest) great things about the clarity of the recording which could be what they are referring to.

Of the 16 or so shows I've seen since Union, the two I saw of the tour last year rank among the best ever.

Indeed.

But will all due respect, "Never sounded better" and "Best live albums in the 50 years of the band" without Squire?? I find that very, very difficult to believe. They have sounded pretty excellent on the clips I've heard to be sure. But I'd beware of overselling it.
    -Pete

People like what they like. I get that, but “never sounded better”?

These are the brothers who published an essay in their magazine during the Talk era basically demanding that the band reunite the classic lineup. And now they are claiming that the new live album, for which they just coincidentally happened to have drawn a paycheck, sounds better than the seventies versions of Yes?

Money talks.
    Well it wouldn't take much for this to be the best sounding YES live album. Looking forward to it.
    "All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    Indeed.

But will all due respect, "Never sounded better" and "Best live albums in the 50 years of the band" without Squire?? I find that very, very difficult to believe. They have sounded pretty excellent on the clips I've heard to be sure. But I'd beware of overselling it.
    As said....

It's marketing talk of course. But with that being said, the previews on Youtube with the Howe interview do sound quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    Indeed.

I’ve heard one clip and there is very noticeable autotune on it. No autotune on Wembley 1978.

I’ve heard one clip and there is very noticeable autotune on it. No autotune on Wembley 1978.
    On the vocals, or instruments?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast