Google
 


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 302

Thread: “Get on with it!”

  1. #1
    Grumpy Old Man weams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg Pa
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    107374340

    “Get on with it!”

    http://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/1...any-time/64232

    I’m so blessed to be able to do what I do. Both Keith [Emerson] and Jon Lord were really close friends. I mean, I played at Keith’s memorial just a few months ago. Keith and I spoke a lot. We were really close, especially in the last sort of 10 years or so. And of course, Keith had so much of what he wanted to do but as you know he was struggling with illness with his hands and it was very frustrating for him. Jon Lord I know had tons and tons of stuff to do before he was tragically cut short. I remember talking to Jon literally a week before he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and he said, “I’ve got so much to finish. I’ve got so much to do.” He said, “Have you got a lot of stuff left over to do?” And I said, “Oh I’ve got tons.” He said, “Get on with it!” I did the eulogy at his funeral, which was really tough for me. And as I was driving home I just kept hearing those words ringing in my head: “Don’t waste any time. If it’s in there, get it out.”





  2. #2
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,057
    Rep Power
    107375171

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Agreed ARW was threatening to put out an album since 2007 and well 10 years later...
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

  3. #3
    Insane Yesfan Don the Cap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    107374276

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Agreed ARW was threatening to put out an album since 2007 and well 10 years later...
    Just let it go.
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

  4. #4
    Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy cows come from California.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,279
    Rep Power
    107374761

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    Agreed ARW was threatening to put out an album since 2007 and well 10 years later...
    Beyond your choice of verb, where are you getting 2007 from, seriously. Can you please answer that for me? Like I said before, the first public mention of this enterprise was in 2010. If it had occurred earlier than that I think we would have remembered and we'd be discussing the timeline differently than we are.
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

    http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/




  5. #5
    YES and YES , two YES's from me
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,299
    Rep Power
    107374337

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Beyond your choice of verb, where are you getting 2007 from, seriously. Can you please answer that for me? Like I said before, the first public mention of this enterprise was in 2010. If it had occurred earlier than that I think we would have remembered and we'd be discussing the timeline differently than we are.
    7 years is still a long time
    In that time How many film Projects did Trevor Put out ?

  6. #6
    Insane Yesfan SeeTheDesert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tucson
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,304
    Rep Power
    107374289

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    No offense to Rick or his fans (of which I am one). Rick never seemed like the highly creative type. I mean his contributions always seemed like "additions to" not the meat of songs.

    And his solo stuff always seemed like using existing genres and themes and making them his own.

    Not trying to diminish his talent but if ARW put out an album, it'll be 60% Trevor and 35 % Jon's creative vision with Wakeman adding the tapestries.
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

  7. #7
    Founder/Owner 1yesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16,522
    Rep Power
    107375312

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeTheDesert View Post

    And his solo stuff always seemed like using existing genres and themes and making them his own.

    Is that not how most music is done for the most part. Draw on others before you to make your own sound?
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

  8. #8
    Sept 8 2016 R.I.P Dex rePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    11,928
    Rep Power
    107374949

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    YesF was not seriously active until 2+ years ago. Prior to that, there was talk. There was mention of songs going back and forth. There was even talk of maybe "recording next year". But until they actually got together and actively mapped our a course for the band, and put aside time from their multitude of other projects that would actually be dedicated to the band, then all it was was talk and only a wish for them to do something together. They only really became actively dedicated to the project in 2015.
    -Pete




  9. #9
    Founder/Owner 1yesfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    SW, Ohio
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16,522
    Rep Power
    107375312

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Who knows where the truth on that new album is at this point. Seems the live Album is coming and touring next year for the 50th. Beyond that I expect nothing more out of them at this point. New album would be awesome but really what they have done thus far is enough for me if it stopped right now. Sure I want more but....
    "YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

  10. #10
    Mega Yesfan Susanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK (usually)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    107374215

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    YesF was not seriously active until 2+ years ago. Prior to that, there was talk. There was mention of songs going back and forth. There was even talk of maybe "recording next year". But until they actually got together and actively mapped our a course for the band, and put aside time from their multitude of other projects that would actually be dedicated to the band, then all it was was talk and only a wish for them to do something together. They only really became actively dedicated to the project in 2015.
    In addition, now that they better understand how they sound together and how they work together today, from their touring and adaptations of old songs, they are in a much stronger position to create excellent new music.

  11. #11
    The 5th Yes Guitarist Rabin105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Trumbull CT
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,057
    Rep Power
    107375171

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    Beyond your choice of verb, where are you getting 2007 from, seriously. Can you please answer that for me? Like I said before, the first public mention of this enterprise was in 2010. If it had occurred earlier than that I think we would have remembered and we'd be discussing the timeline differently than we are.
    here you go

    http://web.archive.org/web/200702020...esm.htm#andrab

    and actually 2006 was the start of whispers of this project as Henry wrote

    "Jon Anderson & Trevor Rabin
    An early Jun 2006 report on KLOS 95.5 FM (US radio) described Trevor Rabin as saying that he and Jon Anderson had just spent a week writing together and that they were both very pleased with the results. The pair were also working together for about a week in Mar 2006. "

    Also Anderson and Wakeman were also working..

    at the time were were discussing the idea of yes as sort of a Crimson Projekts thing as Anderson was working with Rabin Banks and Wakeman and Howe and Wakeman were doing something as well

    eventually it became this.
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

  12. #12
    Polishing the mirror Enlighten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,314
    Rep Power
    107374608

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Maybe we've found a title for that new album when it sees fit to manifest in the light of day.

  13. #13
    Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy cows come from California.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    8,279
    Rep Power
    107374761

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    here you go

    http://web.archive.org/web/200702020...esm.htm#andrab

    and actually 2006 was the start of whispers of this project as Henry wrote

    "Jon Anderson & Trevor Rabin
    An early Jun 2006 report on KLOS 95.5 FM (US radio) described Trevor Rabin as saying that he and Jon Anderson had just spent a week writing together and that they were both very pleased with the results. The pair were also working together for about a week in Mar 2006. "

    Also Anderson and Wakeman were also working..

    at the time were were discussing the idea of yes as sort of a Crimson Projekts thing as Anderson was working with Rabin Banks and Wakeman and Howe and Wakeman were doing something as well

    eventually it became this.
    Yeah but that doesn't mean it was going to be what it became. So I would say your claim of a decade is not correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    7 years is still a long time
    In that time How many film Projects did Trevor Put out ?
    In that period of time Trevor completed and released Jacaranda, scored three television series and six films, and worked on material for another solo album. So what is your point?
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

    http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/




  14. #14
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,750
    Rep Power
    107374857

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    I just wish they would release a new studio of a cover of The Eagles "Get Over It". Gotta love songs bickering about bickering lawyers.

    They said the album of NEW MUSIC would hopefully be done by the end of 2012 if I'm not mistaken....

    These guys need a big kick in the butt, or to maybe read the quote in post 1 a few dozen times.

    At this point and after all the BS I have heard, I don't expect anything. So any new music will be a treat...
    Last edited by somissound; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:54 PM.

  15. #15
    Sept 8 2016 R.I.P Dex rePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    11,928
    Rep Power
    107374949

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    In addition, now that they better understand how they sound together and how they work together today, from their touring and adaptations of old songs, they are in a much stronger position to create excellent new music.
    ^ This
    -Pete




  16. #16
    Insane Yesfan Don the Cap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    107374276

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    In addition, now that they better understand how they sound together and how they work together today, from their touring and adaptations of old songs, they are in a much stronger position to create excellent new music.
    Well put, and soundly reasoned. x
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

  17. #17
    SR Mega Yesfan RelayerI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Black Country England
    Posts
    7,944
    Rep Power
    107374685

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Well put, and soundly reasoned. x
    Oh I don't know - where would we be if everyone on here made sense like that ?
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

  18. #18
    Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    107374473

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    They are getting on with it.

  19. #19
    Insane Yesfan Don the Cap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    107374276

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by RelayerI View Post
    Oh I don't know - where would we be if everyone on here made sense like that ?
    In a better place....?
    Getting over all the time I had to worry.....

  20. #20
    SR Mega Yesfan Mr. Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    44
    Posts
    24,812
    Rep Power
    107375702

    Re: “Get on with it!”

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    In addition, now that they better understand how they sound together and how they work together today, from their touring and adaptations of old songs, they are in a much stronger position to create excellent new music.
    Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    ^ This
    Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Well put, and soundly reasoned. x
    It's a nice theory, but not a guarantee by any means. If that were the case everybody here would love Heaven & Earth.....
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •