Google

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: ARW recent ticket sales.

Insane Yesfan

Re: ARW recent ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I dunno. They were great in the Progeny era, but geez they were sloppy, and certain things, like ongoing LOUD tuning up all the time and dead air between songs always strikes me as a little unprofessional.
    I bought the whole enchilada but haven't listened to any of it in ages.
    Now give me a Progeny box set from the '78-79 Tormato/10th Anniversary tours, exactly the same lineup but now we're talking a truly *GREAT* Yes era.
    I've been revisiting Progeny over the last few days. What's 'unprofessional' about tuning up? No digital tuning gizmos back then, they had to do it be ear, and 'dead air' between the songs? So what!?
    Take me back to when it was raw, and a bit frenzied, and frequently on the verge of going out of control.

JR Yesfan, senior Yes fan khatrooper's Avatar

Canada2 Re: ARW recent ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I dunno. They were great in the Progeny era, but geez they were sloppy, and certain things, like ongoing LOUD tuning up all the time and dead air between songs always strikes me as a little unprofessional.
    I bought the whole enchilada but haven't listened to any of it in ages.
    Now give me a Progeny box set from the '78-79 Tormato/10th Anniversary tours, exactly the same lineup but now we're talking a truly *GREAT* Yes era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    I've been revisiting Progeny over the last few days. What's 'unprofessional' about tuning up? No digital tuning gizmos back then, they had to do it be ear, and 'dead air' between the songs? So what!?
    Take me back to when it was raw, and a bit frenzied, and frequently on the verge of going out of control.
    I dunno, gotta agree with Don the.
    Sloppy? Because they were young, strong & a bit crazy, pushing their limits. That is why the Progeny box is such a treat. I think / fear a 78 - 79 box set would reveal a too well oiled machine, with performances nearly identical night after night.
    And tuning up shows respect for the audience and the music.
    And re Dead Air, programming Moogs, changing tapes in Mellotrons, changing effects settings individual and main PA, cuing up sound effects tapes..., and IMO the vibe was better when Jon let the music do most of the speaking, no blabbing on about the Planet Zongo and faeries from the 6th dimension, just to fill the 'dead air'.

Super Yesfan

Re: ARW recent ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by khatrooper View Post
    I dunno, gotta agree with Don the.
    Sloppy? Because they were young, strong & a bit crazy, pushing their limits. That is why the Progeny box is such a treat. I think / fear a 78 - 79 box set would reveal a too well oiled machine, with performances nearly identical night after night.
    And tuning up shows respect for the audience and the music.
    And re Dead Air, programming Moogs, changing tapes in Mellotrons, changing effects settings individual and main PA, cuing up sound effects tapes..., and IMO the vibe was better when Jon let the music do most of the speaking, no blabbing on about the Planet Zongo and faeries from the 6th dimension, just to fill the 'dead air'.
    Is the problem that all of these studio musicians calling themselves "Yes" being seen for what it is by the ticket buying public?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8