Google

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ARW recent ticket sales.

Re: ARW recent ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    On a side note, I don't understand why on earth they didn't film the Madison Square Garden show instead of the Tsongas one! History in the making and a much more iconic venue.
    So true. Up there with one of my favorite Yesshows as well.

DW

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Ministry View Post
    Not like the old daze...

This is my favorite part of Carl's video..the awesomeness of it floats my boat
    with love and wonder, denise

"We receive all we venture to give..."

Is this some kind of sick joke? Tonto Goldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Strange people you Americans are. Over here the Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link devices worldwide. But apparently over at where you live it means guys swinging their junk around......isn't it peculiar how things can differ from continent to continent?
    We're a function over form kind of people, don't ya know.

Nah.....you're just old......and apparently was so back then as well.....
    Tis true, I was born old. Just call me Benjamin Button.
    It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. – H.L Mencken
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. – Mark Twain

Super Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by YESOLA View Post
    I think the agenda is clear, I am not questioning Henry's stats on those three shows. Posting those three, however, isn't really a basis for any serious analysis, I would say.
    What other show data could have been posted from Henry's blog?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto Goldstein View Post
    We're a function over form kind of people, don't ya know.

Tis true, I was born old. Just call me Benjamin Button.
    If that means at some point in time for some years you'll end up looking like Brad Pitt, then you're one lucky bastard...
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

If that means at some point in time for some years you'll end up looking like Brad Pitt, then you're one lucky bastard...
    Perhaps in 50 years or so. My skeleton will be a bit longer, but other than that we could pass for twins. If he wants it to happen any sooner, he better get working on a beer gut. :-)
    It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. – H.L Mencken

Perhaps in 50 years or so. My skeleton will be a bit longer, but other than that we could pass for twins. If he wants it to happen any sooner, he better get working on a beer belly. :-)

Super Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by YESOLA View Post
    Exactly , the starter of this thread works for Yes official. It has no credibility.
    Oh?. And in what capacity?.

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Christof View Post
    Oh?. And in what capacity?.

Groupie.

Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Yes Chaser View Post
    Proper marketing and advertising did help. The Ultimate Yes album broke into the top 10 albums charts in the UK IIRC plus there was also a tv advert shown on UK tv aswell......
    I remember seeing that Advert for the first time and nearly fell of my chair. I couldn't believe it.

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Groupie.
    NQ!!
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

On their previous peri-cruise leg, again not well advertised, the 11 Nov show sold 1,061 tickets, grossing $66,165; the 12 Nov show sold 821 tickets, grossing $51,792; and the 13 Nov show sold 1,730 tickets, grossing $91,974.
    821 tickets. That's just unbelievably *sad* no matter which band. It would be sad for The Knack. Ratt. Or even A Flock of Seagulls, let alone a band that once sold out giant stadiums.
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodfish1 View Post
    its sad if it is about money
    I ended up being way low. And it's always about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    821 tickets. That's just unbelievably *sad* no matter which band. It would be sad for The Knack. Ratt. Or even A Flock of Seagulls, let alone a band that once sold out giant stadiums.
    How many tickets would the Buggles sell?

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by relayerone View Post
    I've been in audiences as small as 2. If the music's great, it isn't sad.

OK, 2 is a little unusual, but plenty of very good acts happily and regularly play to audiences below 1000. There are great venues with three figure capacities. I saw Firefly Burning at the The Slaughtered Lamb in central London: capacity 150. I saw Harmony in Diversity at the Underworld in Camden Town: capacity 500. I saw an early acoustic show by Pure Reason Revolution at ULU: audience below 100. All great gigs: no indication that the acts were unhappy.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Super Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

I went to see Caravan some years ago in a small venue, we must have been 200 in attendance at the max. And they played a great show.

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I've not seen any Yestival figures yet. The 3 Feb show, on their short peri-cruise tour, that wasn't that well advertised, sold 1,407 tickets, grossing $63,761. I've not seen any firm figures from their European tour in 2016, but the Royal Albert Hall was nearly sold out and that's got a 3,500 capacity.

On their previous peri-cruise leg, again not well advertised, the 11 Nov show sold 1,061 tickets, grossing $66,165; the 12 Nov show sold 821 tickets, grossing $51,792; and the 13 Nov show sold 1,730 tickets, grossing $91,974.

Two dates on the Yes/Toto tour in 2015 were the 8 Aug show, which sold 1,982 tickets, grossing $171,944, and the 23 Aug show sold 2,006 tickets, grossing $205,106.

Looks to me that both bands usually sell in the 1-2k range, although occasional shows do better. Will report more figures as I see them.

Henry
    Both bands selling close to the same number of tickets is a result that a lot of folks would likely expect. I think you’d probably get a moderate bump from a combined band due to publicity and the potential return of some holdouts who support one current band over the other or who don’t support either current band due to the absence of Anderson from one band and the absence of Howe from the other, but I doubt it would be anything earth shattering unless there were some folks at Rhino or wherever promoting the tour who really earned the f*ck out of their money. At this point I’m glad I got into Yes just barely early enough that I saw them a couple of times in some large venues with 10,000 or so fans. Smaller shows are nice, but I think there was something unique and sort of culturally defining about that whole arena rock experience...more than a concert, a ritual.
    "...holding hands while the walls come tumbling down"

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Both bands selling close to the same number of tickets is a result that a lot of folks would likely expect. I think you’d probably get a moderate bump from a combined band due to publicity and the potential return of some holdouts who support one current band over the other or who don’t support either current band due to the absence of Anderson from one band and the absence of Howe from the other, but I doubt it would be anything earth shattering unless there were some folks at Rhino or wherever promoting the tour who really earned the f*ck out of their money. At this point I’m glad I got into Yes just barely early enough that I saw them a couple of times in some large venues with 10,000 or so fans. Smaller shows are nice, but I think there was something unique and sort of culturally defining about that whole arena rock experience...more than a concert, a ritual.
    So the majorty just couldn't care less, and those who do care are mostly prissy old focks who can't let a grudge go.

New to the site

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I've been in audiences as small as 2. If the music's great, it isn't sad.
    Absolutely! I saw Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy show in Fall River, Mass., earlier this month. The venue's capacity was about 200. I'd say it was half full. But Carl and the band put on a fantastic show. To me, anyway, it was anything but sad. (And, at about $50 per ticket, Carl still grossed some $5,000.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaputoMatt View Post
    Absolutely! I saw Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy show in Fall River, Mass., earlier this month. The venue's capacity was about 200. I'd say it was half full. But Carl and the band put on a fantastic show. To me, anyway, it was anything but sad. (And, at about $50 per ticket, Carl still grossed some $5,000.)
    Spock's Beard visits Budapest every time although i's a small venue with a max capacity of 600 people, and it's usually 3/4 full. It would be nice if it were a bigger audience, for sure, but the atmosphere is is fantastic, and the people are very enthusiastic.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast