Google

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Full version of I am Waiting Yesfeat.

Re: Full version of I am Waiting Yesfeat.

Wakeman makes "Heart of the Sunrise" magic !!!!!
    And Anderson says "this is the 1st time 'I Am Waiting' had been performed" so C'mon . . . let's give both camps a little respect !? Don't they both deserve more than they're getting here ?
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

It will be interesting how this song comes off tonight at my show. I never really found a recording of the song from the Talk tour that didn't have vocal issues to my ears.
    GO FUND ME YESFANS.COM <-PLEASE CLICK

"YES" - Music that could make God cry with joy. Either you get it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    So if you want chips & fish, and the chips is burned and the fish overcooked you don't have the right to criticise anymore because after all you wanted chips and fish, right?

And for what it's worth you do a lousy job of following me around, because the only time I said I wanted more Yeswest was a year ago when the first tour started and they only did 4 Yeswest songs the first couple of shows. After that I never spoke of that again. Others did, not me.
    You are like the idiots who judge hifi equipment based on Youtube videos. I don't follow anyone around, least of all boring and predictable haters like you. Your pathetic ego is so inflated, it can't be long until someone bursts it.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANTIOCH View Post
    And Anderson says "this is the 1st time 'I Am Waiting' had been performed" so C'mon . . . let's give both camps a little respect !?
    Sure, that's why I said it would get better. They don't allow much time to rehearse so anything they play for the first time is going to be kind of rough. It all depends on whether you're okay with spending as much money as you did to get what you get. For some people, it's not even really about the quality of the show at all, it's about seeing the artists you love/admire right there in front of you, and that's perfectly okay. Everybody has a different perspective.
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Caped Crusader View Post
    You are like the idiots who judge hifi equipment based on Youtube videos. I don't follow anyone around, least of all boring and predictable haters like you. Your pathetic ego is so inflated, it can't be long until someone bursts it.
    Jesus, dude...lighten the F up.

Just got in from Wolf Trap, I Am Waiting was very good. Got a great reaction from the crowd, too!

Yesfan

Good to know they re adding a few of the "YesWest" tracks- hopefully they will tour in Oz in the near future as would love to see them- and hopefully we might get to hear some more underrated YesWest tracks- I know many would love to hear Hearts and Im Running, butI will openly admit that Love will find a way is one of my favourite YEsWest albeit soft-aor-prog-pop tracks and Leave it still is extremely vocally impressive! Might be a tad difficult to do without backing tracks though!

YES and YES , two YES's from me

I find this song Dull and uninspiring
    Rabin plays it so dull
    Similary Wakeman , at times seems out of sync
    His classic style does not suit here

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1727 View Post
    Just got in from Wolf Trap, I Am Waiting was very good. Got a great reaction from the crowd, too!
    I watched the video JudysTrevor shot at Kettering and I thought it sounded much better than it had previously.
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

The Youtube recording is hideous. The song was 10 fold better in person. i wish these guys would release a live album!

Well it's always going to sound better in person. But I think Judy does a good job with videos; she's got a really nice camera.
    - carrotfleur

Quote Originally Posted by the sage View Post
    Good to know they re adding a few of the "YesWest" tracks- hopefully they will tour in Oz in the near future as would love to see them- and hopefully we might get to hear some more underrated YesWest tracks- I know many would love to hear Hearts and Im Running, butI will openly admit that Love will find a way is one of my favourite YEsWest albeit soft-aor-prog-pop tracks and Leave it still is extremely vocally impressive! Might be a tad difficult to do without backing tracks though!
    Hearts is certainly a possibility at some point in time, but my gut feeling tells me that I'm Running will never be played. They dropped it after only 4 times on the BG tour mainly because, and Luna can an will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong , it proved too difficult to execute properly live. 30 years onwards I can't see it would be easier, actually probably the opposite.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSludge View Post
    Jesus, dude...lighten the F up.
    Please don't call him Jesus......before you know it, it'll inflate a pathetic ego......some sort of superhero complex....the Caped Messiah....
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Hearts is certainly a possibility at some point in time, but my gut feeling tells me that I'm Running will never be played. They dropped it after only 4 times on the BG tour mainly because, and Luna can an will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong , it proved too difficult to execute properly live. 30 years onwards I can't see it would be easier, actually probably the opposite.
    I would agree with this assessment. At this point, the only song I'm really hoping for next year is "Shoot High, Aim Low" - I think they could do that one, even as it seems there's "nothing" for Rick to do, but he could add some texture to it. Otherwise, again, I don't want to get my hopes too high regarding what might or might not end up in the setlist, it's just too emotionally-fraught of a process for me.
    - carrotfleur

next year there could be new music filling out a set list so there maybe less room for old WEST stuff.

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    next year there could be new music filling out a set list so there maybe less room for old WEST stuff.
    New music? From ARW?? Ok.
    Wake me up when it happens.
    Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

it will. I think they chose sit on it. I think they didn't really get working on it till the last 18 - 24 months They all have been saying the same thing in that time frame. I think they are sitting on it for the 50th annv year which at that point it gets released. They chose to take the time and tour instead of throwing an album together. I suspect all those "idea's" tossed around YEARS ago have fell to the side for the most part and new stuff was worked up.

it will. I think they chose sit on it. I think they didn't really get working on it till the last 18 - 24 months They all have been saying the same thing in that time frame. I think they are sitting on it for the 50th annv year which at that point it gets released. They chose to take the time and tour instead of throwing an album together. I suspect all those "idea's" tossed around YEARS ago have fell to the side for the most part and new stuff was worked up.
    I Am Waiting.

There very well could be, it's true. But even so I wouldn't expect them to load it up with new music, there would still be a split. Honestly - and I could be wrong - I think it will be a 70/30 (or 60/40) split with the latter being new songs if that scenario is applicable.
    - carrotfleur

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    ... I think it will be a 70/30 (or 60/40) split with the latter being new songs if that scenario is applicable.
    I don't know why they would bother. I saw the David Gilmour film last night, and I saw his tour last year. During the new songs the audience either a) went to sleep or b) went to get a drink or c) went to take a toilet break. The songs which got the crowd going were the old classics. The new stuff just isn't anywhere near as good.

The only person who has got near to carrying this off is Steve Hackett, but still his new stuff is not a patch on the classic Genesis.

Why would they bother?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast