Google

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Full version of I am Waiting Yesfeat.

Full version of I am Waiting Yesfeat.

As a follow up to this thread:http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.ph...SSotS-from-ARW

Here's the second part posted on YouTube opening with I Am Waiting. (Poster did label the date wrong, it was the 28th)

ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Re: Full version of I am Waiting Yesfeat.

Mmm....while it's great to hear "I am Waiting" again, the execution of the song a little rough around the edges to say the least. Trevor's vocals in the "what happened in the water" part are off, and he hits some off key guitar notes as well in the first part of the song.....
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Mmm....while it's great to hear "I am Waiting" again, the execution of the song a little rough around the edges to say the least. Trevor's vocals in the "what happened in the water" part are off, and he hits some off key guitar notes as well in the first part of the song.....
    TY for posting :)

Personally I prefer to point out whats right i.e. they're playing songs from TALK [well one so far] and that out weighs in my view any imperfections in the performance [which in my view were minor but each to their own] Note that was the 2nd night it was played and it has being played to date 4 times since so I suspect it will get better

Come on ARW now lets hear another tune from TALK or BG until we hear the new music !

YES and YES , two YES's from me

--

+1

Super Mega Yesfan popeyebonaparte's Avatar

While I appreciate the inclusion of new material, could they have picked a duller song than this? Almost anything off Talk beats this song. Again, I'm happy that they are changing things around but I would have prefered to hear something else. According to Rick's latest GORR the third song they rehearsed was It Can Happen!
    Peace, love, long live rock n roll

To each their own, for sure - this is my favorite Talk song.

To my ears Talk tracks don't translate well to the stage. I felt that was the case during the Talk tour as well. The Talk album is such an immense sounding record and the dynamics are so unusual that given the vagaries of different hall and venue quirks it's really hard to replicate that offering live. This particular performance I find really weak and in stark contrast to SSotS.

Super Mega Yesfan Closetotheedge1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
    And mine!

Super Mega Yesfan Caped Crusader's Avatar

So you are making that judgement from a mobile phone recording, made at the back of the auditorium, that is posted on Youtube.

You wanted Yes West songs. Now that you have got one, you still criticise.

Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Caped Crusader View Post
    So you are making that judgement from a mobile phone recording, made at the back of the auditorium, that is posted on Youtube.

Unbelievable!
    Youcrap videos done on mobile phones will result in poor audio to be sure. But sour notes are not caused by poor recording. They're caused by errors in performance.
    -Pete

New to the site

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalion Rides Again View Post
    Mine as well!

Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    Youcrap videos done on mobile phones will result in poor audio to be sure. But sour notes are not caused by poor recording. They're caused by errors in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
    While I appreciate the inclusion of new material, could they have picked a duller song than this? Almost anything off Talk beats this song. Again, I'm happy that they are changing things around but I would have prefered to hear something else. According to Rick's latest GORR the third song they rehearsed was It Can Happen!
    Bring it on! !!

Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    Exactly Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Caped Crusader View Post

Unbelievable!
    So if you want chips & fish, and the chips is burned and the fish overcooked you don't have the right to criticise anymore because after all you wanted chips and fish, right?

And for what it's worth you do a lousy job of following me around, because the only time I said I wanted more Yeswest was a year ago when the first tour started and they only did 4 Yeswest songs the first couple of shows. After that I never spoke of that again. Others did, not me.

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

I don't hear any serious off key bits, but I do wish Trevor would have taken more liberties
    with the lead guitar. Once the main theme is established, there is plenty of opportunity for some
    Jacaranda style noodling. I hope he does more of that on the new music.

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

Not my favorite Talk song either but it does have it's moments. What impresses me most is Anderson turning back time 23 years and absolutely nailing the song, he's so strong on the big, high refrains near the end that the massed-multitracked harmonies used on the album and following tour aren't missed at all.

Also worth pointing out, at least from this full show posted, is that Lee's bass has been turned up a considerable amount in the mix.

As to the clams here & there, meh, I could point out just as many examples from recordings of that other lots early shows.
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Long Island New York, but a Brooklyn Italian at heart

So if you want chips & fish, and the chips is burned and the fish overcooked you don't have the right to criticise anymore because after all you wanted chips and fish, right?

And for what it's worth you do a lousy job of following me around, because the only time I said I wanted more Yeswest was a year ago when the first tour started and they only did 4 Yeswest songs the first couple of shows. After that I never spoke of that again. Others did, not me.

I don't follow you around Arno, but let's face it, you will tend to criticise Yes Feat more. But who cares right?

From what I have seen ARW has the clearly more exciting show. I am looking forward to it.
    So when we do concerts with any Yes music, I always say, there’s certain things you have to play that Chris played because without those notes, the voice doesn’t sing correctly. - Jon Anderson

For me, it's Jon Anderson's distinctive, light but husky vocal that is as characteristic of their sound as anything - Andy MacIntyre

Long Island New York, but a Brooklyn Italian at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Closetotheedge1972 View Post
    And mine!

And mine, and it was clearly requested much by fans.

'If that's the "rough" version of the tune, then I heartily look forward to when I see them.

They seem to have much energy, the spirit in a Yes show I want.
    So when we do concerts with any Yes music, I always say, there’s certain things you have to play that Chris played because without those notes, the voice doesn’t sing correctly. - Jon Anderson

For me, it's Jon Anderson's distinctive, light but husky vocal that is as characteristic of their sound as anything - Andy MacIntyre

Quote Originally Posted by YESOLA View Post
    I don't follow you around Arno, but let's face it, you will tend to criticise Yes Feat more. But who cares right?

From what I have seen ARW has the clearly more exciting show. I am looking forward to it.
    He loves to stir the pot.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast