Google

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Pat Moraz add more credibility to the Current lineup and do they need it?

Would Pat Moraz add more credibility to the Current lineup and do they need it?

Now I need to stress my answer to both is a resounding no in terms of "credibility" even without Alan you still have Steve (guitarist of the 70's and since 1995) Geoff (keyboardist in 1980 and since 2011 and on 3 albums) Billy (involved in yes pretty much since 1989) and I would argue Jon Davison (singer since 2012 and has an album under his belt)

But what do the rest of people think?

And if we can avoid the "only jon Anderson can give anything crsibilty" argument I would appreciate that
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

Re: Would Pat Moraz add more credibility to the Current lineup and do they need it?

My personal opinion is : yes.
    With Moraz on- board, the band could stretch their Progressive muscle a bit more as well as bringing back his amazing skills for both current performance and future recording.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

Re: Would Pat Moraz add more credibility to the Current lineup and do they need it?

No. To me the band is credible as it is. It would however be very nice to have Pat guesting on either a tour or album or both.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I only perceive Patrick adding credibility to performing Relayer - whether in whole or in part - rather than to YesOff as an entity.
    In small groups to mighty empires we assemble our own company...

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Yes doesn't need Moraz in the band to be more "credible."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a Yes fan.

No
    GO FUND ME YESFANS.COM <-PLEASE CLICK

"
    It is unrealistic to expect anyone here to like all the same Yes or Yes music you do... Get over it. Celebrate the Yes you do dig, or constructively and decently discuss the stuff you don't dig... We all love certain things about Yes, that's what is important."

No, other than as a guest player on Relayer material.

But adds no "credibility" beyond that -- and I also have to disagree with you that Geoff Downes, and especially Jon Davison, gives this band actual Yes credibility. Howe, no doubt. White, no doubt. Billy... a certain degree I guess.

To support, I would give Trevor Horn the same degree of credibility if he were to come in and guest sing song songs from Drama. Just a time-capsule moment. Had Moraz played on 5, 3, or even 2 albums, maybe more. But for one album, I think it's a cameo type of role.

Super Mega Yesfan Eddie Yesongs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    No. To me the band is credible as it is. It would however be very nice to have Pat guesting on either a tour or album or both.
    Exactly, it isn't about credibility

Based on what I saw Monday and heard subsequently, credibility clearly isn't an issue - from both a performance and perception angle

What it IS about is two bands laying claim to the brand and making sure that YesO is fresh, with a great angle to create big excitement for the 50th tour

This IMO, would clearly trump anything ARW might try, and even if ARW did something special, YesO would still present themselves in a great light

E
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Robtor, a created YES-state of mind in a castle in Northern Virginia.

Another cerebral thread, thanks.

Credible to who? For many, the only thing YES could do to be more credible would be to have Jon A. back in the band. I believe the shows would suffer with Anderson back, wouldn't be as kick-ass, the charade on stage would continue and Jon=no happy YES only. Having YES and ARW is a win, win for themselves in the fans. You should be asking if bringing Moraz into ARW would bring them more credibility. I hear Pat is even faster than Rick now. ;-)

Relayer only, as someone previously stated. Perhaps we could get some more ticket sales for those expecting to hear Knights in White Satin?

˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ sɐɥ ƃuᴉɥʇǝɯos relayerone's Avatar

the charade on stage would continue
    Please explain what you mean there, looks like another potshot at Jon from here.
    There's no way that *everybody* was kung-fu fighting.
    Music:♩♪♫♬ Volume: ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 110 %

Just about everyone on stage would be wearing fake smiles. Money does cause more people to smile though. :-)

Yesfan

The current band is credible enough. Having Patrick guest for a tour would be great (lead the Relayer material, Geoff leads Drama and recent material and possibly work out combined parts with Geoff for some songs), but I wouldn't boot Geoff for Patrick. I'd like Jon A. back, but would see if Jon D. could also stay to lighten the vocal load and/or strengthen the delivery. I don't expect the latter but having Patrick as a special or occasional guest would be fun.

but having Patrick as a special or occasional guest would be fun.[/QUOTE]

Fun is a good thing.

Mega Yesfan

The closest thing to a Yes lineup with strong ties to their most influential periods would include Howe, White, Anderson, Wakeman, and Rabin with Sherwood or some other bass player. It's a shame that's highly unlikely to happen given that these important members are all still alive and touring.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1yesfan View Post
    No
    A few years ago Pat would play your home for $650.00

Super Mega Yesfan Eddie Yesongs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    A few years ago Pat would play your home for $650.00
    Your point?

E
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    The closest thing to a Yes lineup with strong ties to their most influential periods would include Howe, White, Anderson, Wakeman, and Rabin with Sherwood or some other bass player. It's a shame that's highly unlikely to happen given that these important members are all still alive and touring.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    But it's nice that they are all still alive and touring!

Mega Yesfan

Yes doesn't need Moraz to be credible but if he did return to the band Anderson would drop Wakeman and Rabin in a moment.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I thought Jon and Rick were solidified as far as a Yes-ish partnership was concerned. So you mean he'd choose playing in Yes with Patrick instead of Geoff over playing with Rick in whatever configuration they have?
    In small groups to mighty empires we assemble our own company...

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tuv View Post
    Yes doesn't need Moraz to be credible but if he did return to the band Anderson would drop Wakeman and Rabin in a moment.
    No. He wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a Yes fan.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast