Google

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New album on the horizon according to Steve Howe

New album on the horizon according to Steve Howe

It's not yet known if Dylan Howe will remain with Yes after Yestival, but the group is starting to consider making some new music, its first since 2014's Heaven & Earth. "We're working on it cautiously and casually," Howe reports. "We wouldn't rush into anything because we know that is a huge mistake -- 'Oh, quick, let's make a record!' We have plans. We're obviously building material and getting that material refined and then selecting, because it's got to be great material. We haven't fully concentrated on that, but after this summer tour, maybe one of our goals is to move into that in a creative way with the right producer and the right environment. It's a bit of a jigsaw to piece together, but I would say it's on the horizon."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...r-touring-band
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

Re: New album on the horizon according to Steve Howe

I shall urge him to follow through when I see him next week

E
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

It would be intriguing if they retained Dylan for a new album. Fresh ears and ideas?

I wish them well whatever the case and there is no doubt the talent is still there to produce a really good album. Heaven and Earth did not lack for melodies and that is a positive sign of life.

Super Mega Yesfan

Does Dylan have production skills? Maybe he can produce the next album. They need someone they can casually work with if they want to go about this album in a more cautious way. No booking a studio and producer for three months. That didn't work so well in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by JMKUSA View Post
    Does Dylan have production skills? Maybe he can produce the next album. They need someone they can casually work with if they want to go about this album in a more cautious way. No booking a studio and producer for three months. That didn't work so well in 2014.
    depends on who you ask and who the producer is... I still maintain Howe wants Horn for the next album and is willing to do almost anything (even a yessified Vermillion Sands) to get him.

I do think its exciting as this is literally the most positive Howe has been he almost says that next year they will work on it.. he doesn't and just says its on the horizon but still I am excited..

I will say this regarding both yes bands if either has a song as good as Subway Walls (or insert last awesome song here into the storm fly from here Cut the ties etc) I will be a happy camper
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White Dylan Howe and they have my support.
    GTT

Glad to see at least some level of commitment to a new album! 2018 could be a great 50th year!

That's about as committed as I've seen Howe be towards making a new album of late - and knowing how cautious he is about that, I'd say this is a really positive sign.
    -Pete

Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by rePete View Post
    That's about as committed as I've seen Howe be towards making a new album of late - and knowing how cautious he is about that, I'd say this is a really positive sign.
    I agree and I think it's a YesFeat effect... so ...we all should be thankful towards Brian Lane for this

Cause ...eventually ...the "real Yes" will be the one making better new Yes music. Great motivation.

Super Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electric freedom View Post
    ...eventually ...the "real Yes" will be the one making better new Yes music. Great motivation.
    So true !

Competition could be a really good thing in this case and guess who benefits?

Mega Yesfan

with both competitors desperate to win, thus firing on all cylinders ...yeah, we all gonna be thankful... what an irony, isn't it?

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Quote Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
    the Squirty Orbs club members?

As for Howe taking his time when recording new music... I have mixed feelings.

Some of his best work seems to be in a time period when Yes music was pumped out more quickly..CTTE through Tales and Relayer and onward. Sometimes I feel Steve is a better musician with a little fire under his butt and pushed a little, not taking forever to put down some tracks.

A stagnant studio is not a good place for Howe... with H&E I get the feeling there was some melancholy moments in the studio that comes across on the recording, I just feel it every time I listen to it...

In the "heat of the moment"... sometimes I feel he has more edge to his playing...I feel the same about his work on older Yes albums.

still undefined

Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    the Squirty Orbs club members?

As for Howe taking his time when recording new music... I have mixed feelings.

Some of his best work seems to be in a time period when Yes music was pumped out more quickly..CTTE through Tales and Relayer and onward. Sometimes I feel Steve is a better musician with a little fire under his butt and pushed a little, not taking forever to put down some tracks.

A stagnant studio is not a good place for Howe... with H&E I get the feeling there was some melancholy moments in the studio that comes across on the recording, I just feel it every time I listen to it...

In the "heat of the moment"... sometimes I feel he has more edge to his playing...I feel the same about his work on older Yes albums.
    The dude hasn't had an edge to his playing (on record) for awhile. If a more laid back style and softer approach is more suited to his resonant pace right now, what can you say, it's his choice. Not my cup of tea but the creator of the music gets to decide. Funny thing is though, we know he had issues with Heaven and Earth, he's been pretty vocal about it. So the question is, which Steve Howe is going to show up? It's really on him now, he's steering the YesO ship and he can't point the finger at anyone if and when they release new material. This will be interesting.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

he's steering the YesO ship and he can't point the finger at anyone if and when they release new material. This will be interesting
    If Steve is going to take the helm and guide the Yes ship in the topographic ocean, a fresh new island in the cosmic realm of Yes should be explored, I feel that Billy is already eager to explore new terrane unseen by Yes's eyes... energy, tone and harmonies never heard before. A album a million miles away from H&E... far far away from that vibe and energy.

still undefined

I totally agree.
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

It is positive, and I like howe he is thinking about it, nice and cautious. Did seem like it might have been a zinger at Squire and H&E as far as the lets not jump in the studio and make an album real quick, hurry, comment. And I agree, even though I like most of H&E.

Absolutely! Good old fashioned competition. Will be fun to see what both bands do as far what they feel Yes music is, now. Style, ingredients, production, and SONGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I still maintain Howe wants Horn for the next album and is willing to do almost anything (even a yessified Vermillion Sands) to get him.
    I get that feeling too. A good thing, especially if they want to compete with the top quality of a Rabin production.

Super Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

I can sill dream about my triple LAST TALES YES album
    CD1 = The ARW album
    CD2 = The new YES album, including new FFH versions by Trevor Horn, Go Through This and Telephone Secrets
    CD3 = The Chris Squire Tribute led by Billy Sherwood and including as many alumni as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    If Steve is going to take the helm and guide the Yes ship in the topographic ocean, a fresh new island in the cosmic realm of Yes should be explored, I feel that Billy is already eager to explore new terrane unseen by Yes's eyes... energy, tone and harmonies never heard before. A album a million miles away from H&E... far far away from that vibe and energy.

Agreed.
    Close To The Edge of a Topographical Ocean

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp on Attack View Post
    I can sill dream about my triple LAST TALES YES album
    CD1 = The ARW album
    CD2 = The new YES album, including new FFH versions by Trevor Horn, Go Through This and Telephone Secrets
    CD3 = The Chris Squire Tribute led by Billy Sherwood and including as many alumni as possible...
    I'll join your dream and keep my fingers crossed that we won't have the bittersweet situation of no 3 being the best one...

The said Remark Ceasar's Palace's Avatar

The idea of some kind of Patrick Moraz contribution on a new Yes album is getting more appealing all the time.

I don't know if the buzz of him associated with the band is in the real world, or here on Yesfans, or just in my own head, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast