Google

Thread: Friday, July 7, Baltimore, MD All Good People gathering!

Robtor, a created YES-state of mind in a castle in Northern Virginia.

Friday, July 7, Baltimore, MD All Good People gathering!

Please come out this Friday, July 7, Baltimore, MD's Fish Head Cantina, to hang out and support our own brianos\ Brian O.'s YES-tribute band, All Good People. More than a great excuse to hang out with old and new friends, and wait for it............hear and see the music we all love performed live.

I hope to see you there this Friday. Rumor has it that there will be two opening bands and All Good People will it the stage at 9:30 p.m. for this over 21 event.

Re: Friday, July 7, Baltimore, MD All Good People gathering!

Appreciate your support, Rob! Rumor has it Yes Galaxy will be checking in, along with a few of my hometown friends! Venue details can be found at our website: https://allgoodpeopleyestribute.com/shows

Fish Head Cantina is at 4802 Benson Ave, Baltimore, MD close to where I-95 meets the Baltimore Beltway in Arbutus, just off Sulfur Spring Rd or Caton Ave.

Man, I was more than happy two songs in. YES-music and friends make me extremely happy. These guys are GOOD!

Sorry I couldn't make it....

So, what was the set list?
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Great to see you, Rob - and Matt! Thanks so much for your support!

Set 1:
    Siberian Khatru
    Yours Is No Disgrace
    Long Distance Runaround / The Fish (extended jam)
    Sweetness
    South Side of the Sky
    Excerpts from Six Wives of Henry VIII (w/Trilogy)
    Perpetual Change
    Heart of the Sunrise

Set 2:
    Close to the Edge
    Astral Traveller
    Roundabout
    Starship Trooper

Nice, hope to see you in my neck of the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by brianos View Post
    Great to see you, Rob - and Matt! Thanks so much for your support!

Set 1:
    Siberian Khatru
    Yours Is No Disgrace
    Long Distance Runaround / The Fish (extended jam)
    Sweetness
    South Side of the Sky
    Excerpts from Six Wives of Henry VIII (w/Trilogy)
    Perpetual Change
    Heart of the Sunrise

Set 2:
    Close to the Edge
    Astral Traveller
    Roundabout
    Starship Trooper
    Great to see Sweetness and Astral Traveller in there. Are you planning on going off the so called beaten track a bit by doing songs from other era's?
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

That's a great setlist. I'd have gone if it wouldn't have been so extravagant to fly to the US for it!

SR Super Yesfan

I almost went to this. Part of me is kind of sorry I missed it.

Was the crowd okay? Any plans to play Maryland again in the future?

Side note about the actual Yes with Steve Howe, etc. : I think Baltimore is an underrated Yes market. In 2015, the crowd was really hot for the band, and I was checking to see if this year's Yestival (Their first year back in Baltimore since '15) had any discounted tickets, and not only did they not have any- all that was available a few days ago at Ticketmaster were very pricey left and right of the middle section upfront tickets (Obviously I'm not paying nearly $200 if I wasn't paying $90-something when they first put the tickets on sale. But it shows they are selling well that that's all that's left, which is good for the band.). Everything else must be sold out. Yes hasn't really played Baltimore very often in modern times. I wonder if it'll become a regular staple of future tours.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Super Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    I almost went to this. Part of me is kind of sorry I missed it.

Side note about the actual Yes with Steve Howe, etc. : I think Baltimore is an underrated Yes market. In 2015, the crowd was really hot for the band, and I was checking to see if this year's Yestival (Their first year back in Baltimore since '15) had any discounted tickets, and not only did they not have any- all that was available a few days ago at Ticketmaster were very pricey left and right of the middle section upfront tickets (Obviously I'm not paying nearly $200 if I wasn't paying $90-something when they first put the tickets on sale. But it shows they are selling well that that's all that's left, which is good for the band.). Everything else must be sold out. Yes hasn't really played Baltimore very often in modern times. I wonder if it'll become a regular staple of future tours.
    I just got tickets for that venue for $71 a pop plus fees, which is around 90 bucks per ticket. Totally worth it for me. It is much easier for me to see them when they are at the Warner Theater in DC, but Baltimore isn't too bad of a drive. It was a great venue for them in 2015.

I paid a whopping $10 to see and hear All Good People.

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    I paid a whopping $10 to see and hear All Good People.
    Yeah, I know. I think that was my best chance to see Yes songs performed live this year. :) I'd make excuses, but I could have been there. Maybe next time they make their way down this way.
    "A lot of the heavier conversations I was having with Chris toward the end were about his desire for this thing to go forward. He kept reiterating that to me. He kept telling me, ‘No matter what happens, Yes needs to continue moving forward and make great music. So promise me that that’s something you want to do.’ And I have to keep making music. It’s just what I do. I’m a fan of the band and I want to see it thrive and that means new music." -Billy Sherwood (Quote edited to fit under character limit for sig files)

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    We're playing The Kennett Flash in Kennet Square Sept 22nd! Great intimate venue, only seats about 120. We've sold out our past 2 shows there, so if you can make it don't wait too long to get tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Great to see Sweetness and Astral Traveller in there. Are you planning on going off the so called beaten track a bit by doing songs from other era's?
    Thanks! Yeah, we're currently working on a couple of songs from Drama & Relayer and there are plenty more on our wish-list to follow

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    Only about 50, I think. Smaller than hoped-for, but the folks who were there were really into the music! The booking agent was impressed (even asked if we'd ever considered doing "Awaken" - very cool when a promoter knows their Yes!) so we're optimistic about returning to Baltimore in the future.

I've got a newer employee I work with very rarely-she usually works late. Honestly, I have about eight customers I can talk about YES who actually gives a rat's arse. She followed me out of the store to give me a hug the other night-I'm thinking about filing sexual harrassment charges ;-)- I'll only see her once this week. I told her inside the store about the show, she comes outside and surprises me by blurting out Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe. She knows her YES!

SR Super Yesfan

Thanks! Yeah, we're currently working on a couple of songs from Drama
    Awesome! :)

Only about 50, I think. Smaller than hoped-for, but the folks who were there were really into the music! The booking agent was impressed (even asked if we'd ever considered doing "Awaken" - very cool when a promoter knows their Yes!) so we're optimistic about returning to Baltimore in the future.
    Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for an announcement here on the forum.

SR Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    I like that that pic with Bill. Maybe they could coax a three drummer Yes line-up. Classic Yes featuring: Howe's 1 and 2, Billy Bass, Alan, Bill, Jon D, and Yuppet. Just play 68-72. They could play California, Vegas, Poland, Russia plus Classic Cruise To The Edge. Get a Dean set designed by Cirque du Soleil.

SR Yesfan

The ensuing live album would be called Classic-Yes-50. With exactly 50 minutes of blasting vintage classics from the Bruford era. Bill gets to be part of the 50.