Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Brexit voters, please pay attention!!

Back in the frame

Re: Brexit voters, please pay attention!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Well, she actually wrote that letter in the Mail on Sunday, as shitty as that paper may be in itself.....
    Although The Daily Mail has been a staunch supporter/advocate of Brexit, somewhat bizarrely, its sister version (Mail On Sunday) is actually pro-EU and urged its readers to vote Remain in the lead up to the referendum.

This isn't aimed necessarily at you, Arno, but I wonder how many of those who continually trash the likes of The Daily/Sunday Express and Daily Mail are Guardian readers. Speaking of sh!----s... 'nuff sed!

Quote Originally Posted by TOBYSGRAPHICGOKART View Post
    Although The Daily Mail has been a staunch supporter/advocate of Brexit, somewhat bizarrely, its sister version (Mail On Sunday) is actually pro-EU and urged its readers to vote Remain in the lead up to the referendum.

This isn't aimed necessarily at you, Arno, but I wonder how many of those who continually trash the likes of The Daily/Sunday Express and Daily Mail are Guardian readers. Speaking of sh!----s... 'nuff sed!
    Well.....I actually don't know from experience whether the Mail on Sunday actually is shitty, but I sort of presumed because certainly in the past most Sunday papers were....

I do think however that a truly good newspaper should report news and should explore all pro's and cons to such matters as Brexit without actually taking sides.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I do think however that a truly good newspaper should report news and should explore all pro's and cons to such matters as Brexit without actually taking sides.

I don't know any newspaper that does that. Or indeed any news channel whatsoever. There is always bias, selectivity and group-think in news reporting. Newspapers are notorious for being partisan in one way or another. It's actually better when the bias/viewpoint is clear and stated, rather than the pretence of 'balance' and neutrality which is, sometimes unconsciously or uncritically, no such thing.
    Universe University

SR Super Yesfan

As partisan winds blow more than ever across the globe one wonders why a state does not need a bigger mandate to fool and tweak a whole economy because some are sick of immigrants among other irritants. This argument about a distaste for bureaucracy Belgian style seems to be a placeholder for deeper sentiments.

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by ragtime View Post
    I don't know any newspaper that does that. Or indeed any news channel whatsoever. There is always bias, selectivity and group-think in news reporting. Newspapers are notorious for being partisan in one way or another. It's actually better when the bias/viewpoint is clear and stated, rather than the pretence of 'balance' and neutrality which is, sometimes unconsciously or uncritically, no such thing.
    A commercial venture is always going to support commercial stakeholders over any other prevailing view. Nobody should be shocked about any media advancing an agenda. What is at issue is the qulity of journalism and the independence to do factual reporting vs. spin and ideologically filtered talking points.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19