Re: YES - Aug 12, 2017 P.N.C. Bank Center, Holmdel, NJ

Fabulous show������
    Gorgeous night and great Yesfriends..
    Glad to see everyone that meet us at dinner��
    with love and wonder, denise

"We receive all we venture to give..."

Quote Originally Posted by Davey1727 View Post

Concert tees are expensive - and yet, many of us routinely go out to bars and restaurants and spend $20, $30, or more on food and drinks and think nothing of it. At least a tee will (hopefully) last a long time.
    Indeed.

I do love the shirt - I haven't bought one at any show for a long time, but this one was just too good to pass up.
    Was it sun through the haze,
    That made all your looks,
    As warm as moonlight?

Very honored to run into this guy yet again! Great to also see Bee (Joe)!!

https://goo.gl/photos/DMPGqfsEbBUoKyHn8

Yesfan

The version of Soon last night was expanded, more like the ending of Gates than in any time I've seen them, well since 1974's tour. Really powerful song, with the whole band playing...and afterwards it hit me that they just may be ready to play a full Relayer in 2018.

Yesfan

More on Saturdays show...
    DKTW was outstanding, they were very tight, really rocked this song, and then followed with an excellent and cranking Machine Messiah...wow :)

Steve played steel guitar during the entire GFTO, sounded great, a song that has grown on me live. Jons vocals could have been higher in the mix for me...

Something happened during Roundabout, I have to check on YouTube to be sure, but I think Steve was out of sync somewhere in the middle. They carried on and seemed to extend the song. It was late and I still enjoyed them bringing it home :)

Great seeing Yes live again!

JR Yesfan

Great show, love being able to still see these songs played, by anyone.
    Def some technical difficulties for Steve during Roundabout.

Highlight for me was Machine Messiah - Metal Yes!

Review OF YESTIVAL PNC Bank Arts Center Aug 12 2017
    Let me start this review with telling everyone, I am a YES Fan, All Yes, Anyone playing Yes I love.
    I was lucky enough to obtain 4th row, right next to Steve Howe, maybe 20-30 feet away. I have always been a JON Anderson Fanatic, love everything he does, Bought everything also. My favorite Yes Guitarist is Steve Howe, Love Trevor, But Steve is to me the best guitarist in the world. Chris Squire my Favorite Bassist and Rick Wakeman my favorite Keyboards. I saw Yes with Benoit David and also loved this show. But not as much as this one, so I love all things YES.
    Now the Show
    To see Calm Palmer start the show was a treat, Best Drummer I ever saw (he looks and plays like he is 20 or 30 years old. I saw Moon & Bonham, WOW! I loved hearing him play ELP in his own unique version. Set was way too short.
    The Todd Rundgas a very interesting show! I have always been a big fan, first time seeing him solo live, he is very charismatic. Backup singers were hot 1 The band was very , Loved seeing Kasim Sultan, that was special, last saw him in Utopia Halloween show at Radio City in the early 80’s Recognized just a few of the songs, but loved them all.
    Yes came out and the first song Survival the sound was terrible, very muddy ,It was corrected by the second song, and the rest of the night sounded great (except for Don’t Kill The Whale, (Maybe only song that sounded like it didn’t belong. The drumming was good, not spectacular, (Especially after seeing Carl Palmer. Dylan Howe was good; Alan was not to be seen for most of the show, Too Bad.
    The Keyboards sound great all night. Liked him allot.
    Steve Howe! What more can I say, He was simply unbelievable, (I like him better than Trevor Rabin because Steve is so much more classical. Watching him from 20 feet away was a Dream come true! My wife would look at me in disbelief during every song, not believing we were so close and such a great show, she is not the YES Fanatic like me, but when she sees them live, she falls in love again. Billy Sherwood was very good, in my opinion Lee Pomerroy was better, and more fun on bass, Billy’s backup vocals was nice. But of course no-one can ever compare to the Maestro Chris Squire!
    I loved the walkthrough of YES History from the beginning on! , It was a great idea of going thru the years with a song from each. The screens in the back would show each Album and Roger Dean shots thru-out, well done!
    My favorite song of the night was “And You And I “(But then again Close to the Edge and An You And I are my two favorite yessongs ever.
    Both Leaves of Green and Soon was beautiful.
    Totally missed out on “Star Ship Trooper” They should have skipped the first two encores and play Star Ship instead, that is always a favorite concert ending.
    But overall I have to be honest and call this “My All Time Favorite Yes show) I saw AWBH 5th row in Jones Beach, 4th Row at Wellmont for ARW this year (Sound was terrible), this show to me was better
    It was one of the most amazing nights with YES I will ever have; I can compare it to being in Heaven and having YES play right in front of me 4-ever and ever. BEST NIGHT EVER, THANKS YES
    Last edited by bsperduto; 08-14-2017 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Did anyone notice Howe was having an off night overall with his timing, or was it just technical issues during Roundabout?

Also curious as to how the drum chores are split, does Dylan just play incidental stuff on the later songs?

Super Insane Yesfan

Super Mega Yesfan

The show I saw Dylan only played solo on Yours is No Disgace and South Side. Alan was there otherwise but Dylan also playing, except for Soon and Going for the One. Alan typically kept the beat with Dylan adding flourishes.

As the tour progresses I can see Dylan taking on more of the drumming if Alan feels like he needs to take it easy. Not sure if that's already happening.

The two of them make a great team! It is like the Union tour but way better coordinated between the drummers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joem57 View Post
    The version of Soon last night was expanded, more like the ending of Gates than in any time I've seen them, well since 1974's tour. Really powerful song, with the whole band playing...and afterwards it hit me that they just may be ready to play a full Relayer in 2018.
    Yes! I noticed the same thing when I saw them at the Tower. "Soon" during recent tours consists usually of guitar, voice, and occasionally keyboards to wrap it up - this, as you rightly pointed out, was a true band-performed "Soon". As you hoped, I also hope this is early "proof" that they're making preparations for a full 'Relayer' next year!
    Was it sun through the haze,
    That made all your looks,
    As warm as moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by ReAwaken View Post
    Yes! I noticed the same thing when I saw them at the Tower. "Soon" during recent tours consists usually of guitar, voice, and occasionally keyboards to wrap it up - this, as you rightly pointed out, was a true band-performed "Soon". As you hoped, I also hope this is early "proof" that they're making preparations for a full 'Relayer' next year!
    I hope so too
    with love and wonder, denise

"We receive all we venture to give..."

Quote Originally Posted by ReAwaken View Post
    Yep, they started it right at the end of what feels like "the aftermath from the battle", with Billy & Geoff providing additional texture underneath Steve's volume-swelled chords from the steel guitar. Definitely cool to kick it in that way!

Super Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by bsperduto View Post
    Review OF YESTIVAL PNC Bank Arts Center Aug 12 2017
    Dylan Howe was good; Alan was not to be seen for most of the show, Too Bad.
    Must have been at a different PNC show to me. Both played first 2 songs as per previous shows. Then Dylan played solo on YiND. Alan returned for AYaI and Dylan did not return for the remainder of the show, even for Roundabout. He did come out to take a bow but only briefly.

Fans were wondering if Dylan was not feeling well, because of his very limited appearance during the set. Although he looked fine at the Meet and Greet.

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

WOW... did Yes use lasers at this show and if so was it a one night thing or are they touring with it, I saw a vid of Madrigal and there seemed to be lasers... ver very cool if so.

One of my favorite things about concerts are lasers, if there using them. Last time I saw Yes with lasers was the 90125 tour, not sure if they used them since.

I think this was the PNC bank show... more fog would have brought them out more, I don't think steve is into filling the place with foggy stuff anymore is my guess.

[IMG][/IMG]

still undefined

Quote Originally Posted by brianos View Post
    Yep, they started it right at the end of what feels like "the aftermath from the battle", with Billy & Geoff providing additional texture underneath Steve's volume-swelled chords from the steel guitar. Definitely cool to kick it in that way!
    Correction - they pick it up right at the beginning of the "aftermath", around 15:00 on the studio track, with Billy playing the final sets of 3-note figures on bass (based on my observations at the show last night in Hershey).

JR Yesfan, senior Yes fan khatrooper's Avatar

Canada2 Re: YES - Aug 12, 2017 P.N.C. Bank Center, Holmdel, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Did anyone notice Howe was having an off night overall with his timing, or was it just technical issues during Roundabout?
    I think the technical term is "brain fart".

(Disclaimer, Steve is the reason I am still a Yes fan & I wish I could play as well as the little finger on his right hand)

Burgundy of Hair and Light of Beard Which Roundabout?'s Avatar

Gentlemen, some photos and videos here of the Yestival at PNC Bank Center, Holmdel.

Carl Palmer - http://http://jibridgland.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/yestival-carl-palmer-at-pnc-bank-center.html
    Todd Rundgren - includes videos of 'Truth' and 'Rise' - http://jibridgland.blogspot.co.uk/20...-pnc-bank.html
    Yes - includes video of 'Survival' - http://http://jibridgland.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/yestival-yes-at-pnc-bank-center-holmdel.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3