Google

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Dear Rick.....

Yes, there is a Santa Claus! YesNY's Avatar

Re: Dear Rick.....

Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    I think they only got in because Chris died and Yes Featuring were back touring and creating a buzz.
    I have read somewhere that they were real close the past times they were nominated. This year's class of nominees (the competition, so to speak) might have been the dynamic that made the difference. I don't know about an ARW buzz, but Trevor does have friends among the musicians and entertainment industry types on the west coast. Maybe Geddy helped drum up support, too.

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

When Trevor was on Debateable, I remember Vernon Reid basically assuring him that Yes were getting in this time; so I think there was also a contributing factor of those who get to vote seeing them yet again on the ballot and saying, "Okay yeah, I'll vote for you now."
    "(Their current bassist looks like he's a Dungeon Master into ham radio & I love it)"
    - carrotfleur

http://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Interesting pieces of information.

So it now seems that not only did Rabin's contribution help resurrect Yes' career in the 80s but may also played a roll in getting Yes inducted.
    I'm done!

Quote Originally Posted by LBalz View Post
    you can hate what a person has done without hating the person. I don't hate Rick, I have lost alot of respect for him though.
    That reply wasn't meant to you personally . It was for Eddie yessongs who has posted dozens of responses sticking more than one finger into Rick's prostate exam

Thumbs down Re: Dear Rick.....

Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    Thanks for making sense, but some would still be defending he and Jon if they robbed a bank, even Yes' bank.

The mystic ARW kool aid be strong... They can do no wrong-
    You're probably right. I saw ARW they WERE awesome. But now I feel meh. Not playing ATL this tour so whatever. And I didn't pay alot of money to see them at the Fox theatre! Joe Bonnamassa charges twice the price there......Which mean I will never see him.

Quote Originally Posted by LBalz View Post
    You're probably right. I saw ARW they WERE awesome. But now I feel meh. Not playing ATL this tour so whatever. And I didn't pay alot of money to see them at the Fox theatre! Joe Bonnamassa charges twice the price there......Which mean I will never see him.
    Yep. I saw ARW in L.A. and it was a good show. Got free tickets. Great to see Jon up there again looking so good. The band was pretty good as a whole, not even close to restoring the level Yes played on the Union tour, but fun. Now with all this constant BS, I'm burned out on ARW. Unless they unleash some incredible new music, which is very possible! Can't wait to hear Uncle Teakbois' Spanish Return!!

Purple Haired Yes Freak

Quote Originally Posted by EtherReal View Post
    Mind your P's and Q's and write sht down how hard is that? Jon was great in my book.
    I was joking. Please note the little silly emoji thingy.
    "Well well well well well well well how very nice."
    --Graham Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by SeeTheDesert View Post
    Hey hey hey there. As a former drunk, I resemble that remark.

Actually it's often beyond a person's control, substance abuse is.
    I haven't had a drink or drug in 28 years, but I still consider myself a drunk and a dope fiend. To me, "recovering" does​ not equal "recovered".

Quote Originally Posted by DrSludge View Post
    I haven't had a drink or drug in 28 years, but I still consider myself a drunk and a dope fiend. To me, "recovering" does​ not equal "recovered".
    I hear ya. 12/23/2017 will be 10 years for me. My life has blossomed sooo much since I got clean
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

New to the site

I haven't read all the posts here, just a few, but for the record....I was supposed to talk after Rick. He said he was going to introduce me. I had a very nice speech prepared to honor Chris, and Xilan and I wanted on Chris' behalf to thank everyone, especially the fans (but mainly Xi and I wanted to honor Chris for the great musician he was.) I am not here to blame anyone for why we didn't get to speak, but there are time constraints with these shows and the whole time Rick was talking there was a monitor flashing "wrap it up". Also, for the record, I didn't refuse to go up and talk. After Rick was done he handed me the award but everyone was just being ushered off stage. The whole thing was awkward. I know Rick's heart and he didn't do anything to diss me, Xilan or Chris. I think it was just not planned very well. I really should have gone and spoken before Rick....because how do you follow that act anyway. This is all written with love in my heart.
    Last edited by ScottySquire; 04-10-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Mega Yesfan

Bless you Scotty. Thanks for posting.

Just an idea - would it help to honour Chris if you were to post the transcript of what you were going to say?

UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySquire View Post
    I haven't read all the posts here, just a few, but for the record....I was supposed to talk after Rick. He said he was going to introduce me. I had a very nice speech prepared to honor Chris, and Xilan and I wanted on Chris' behalf to thank everyone, especially the fans (but mainly Xi and I wanted to honor Chris for the great musician he was.) I am not here to blame anyone for why we didn't get to speak, but there are time constraints with these shows and the whole time Rick was talking there was a monitor flashing "wrap it up". Also, for the record, I didn't refuse to go up and talk. After Rick was done he handed me the award but everyone was just being ushered off stage. The whole thing was awkward. I know Rick's heart and he didn't do anything to diss me, Xilan or Chris. I think it was just not planned very well. I really should have gone and spoken before Rick....but
    how do you follow that act anyway. This is all written with love in my heart.
    Thank you for posting Scotty, I think all here were saddened that you did not get to speak about Chris. We all wish you and Xilan all good things and hold you in our prayers. Lots of love to you both.

My hovercraft is full of eels Grey Wolf's Avatar

Best wishes Scotty to you and yours.
    Jeff Tiberius Grey Wolf
    What, me worry?
    TEAKBOIS is Everywhere!

I haven't read all the posts here, just a few, but for the record....I was supposed to talk after Rick. He said he was going to introduce me. I had a very nice speech prepared to honor Chris, and Xilan and I wanted on Chris' behalf to thank everyone, especially the fans (but mainly Xi and I wanted to honor Chris for the great musician he was.) I am not here to blame anyone for why we didn't get to speak, but there are time constraints with these shows and the whole time Rick was talking there was a monitor flashing "wrap it up". Also, for the record, I didn't refuse to go up and talk. After Rick was done he handed me the award but everyone was just being ushered off stage. The whole thing was awkward. I know Rick's heart and he didn't do anything to diss me, Xilan or Chris. I think it was just not planned very well. I really should have gone and spoken before Rick....but
    how do you follow that act anyway. This is all written with love in my heart.
    Ahh!!, it feels like an Angel just descended amongst all the turmoil - can we please not spoil this with more bickering - well, at least have a time out.

New to the site

I will definitely post my speech and my thoughts on it all
    . : )

Robtor, a created YES-state of mind in a castle in Northern Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by scottysquire View Post
    i will definitely post my speech and my thoughts on it all
    yes! :-)

I haven't read all the posts here, just a few, but for the record....I was supposed to talk after Rick. He said he was going to introduce me. I had a very nice speech prepared to honor Chris, and Xilan and I wanted on Chris' behalf to thank everyone, especially the fans (but mainly Xi and I wanted to honor Chris for the great musician he was.) I am not here to blame anyone for why we didn't get to speak, but there are time constraints with these shows and the whole time Rick was talking there was a monitor flashing "wrap it up". Also, for the record, I didn't refuse to go up and talk. After Rick was done he handed me the award but everyone was just being ushered off stage. The whole thing was awkward. I know Rick's heart and he didn't do anything to diss me, Xilan or Chris. I think it was just not planned very well. I really should have gone and spoken before Rick....because how do you follow that act anyway. This is all written with love in my heart.
    Thank you.

Let's hope this is the end of it.

SR Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper67 View Post
    I was joking. Please note the little silly emoji thingy.
    Oh. My bad.

Scotty, I think it's so cool that you will put your speech out there for all to see. YesWorld would also be a great place for it I'd think. You know Chris' heart more than anyone and we all would love to know his innermost feelings about so many things.

You're a truly strong person. I recently lost my stepson so loss is still very fresh for me as well. It's so hard I know.
    What's conservative about people not paying their fair share in taxes, giving tax cuts to the wealthy and constantly putting the tax burden on the shrinking middle class?

I will definitely post my speech and my thoughts on it all
    Thank you

God Bless.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast