Google

Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2463

Thread: Let the speculation begin, how will HOF induction of Yes shake out

Re: Let the speculation begin, how will HOF induction of Yes shake out

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
    I was happy to see the two Jon's connected yesterday, but I can tell you I personally won't be going to the RRHOF tonight holding out any olive branches. It would be most hypocritical, considering how ARW have knifed us in the guts at every given opportunity.
    Aren't you, with that judgement, actually saying Jon Davison was most hypocritical for connecting with Anderson?
    ReAwaken (after the Bethlehem Sands concert 2016):
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

I was happy to see the two Jon's connected yesterday, but I can tell you I personally won't be going to the RRHOF tonight holding out any olive branches. It would be most hypocritical, considering how ARW have knifed us in the guts at every given opportunity.
    But if it weren't, in part, for Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman you might be enjoying a quiet evening at home tonight instead of eating an overpriced dinner in a stuffy room with a bunch of music biz types. Then again, that first choice kinda sounds more appealing to me. Maybe you SHOULD be mad at them.
    "...holding hands while the walls come tumbling down"

Everyone has different opinions about things, or do you not follow the discussions on this site?
    Well you do say it is hypocritical, in your view, to extend an olive branch after all that is happened, and that seems to be exactly what Jon Davison has done.

Look in all honesty I can understand where you're coming from. Believe me I'm one of those on here who have been on ARW's case constantly and since the beginning about the way they've/they're threating you guys, to the annoyance of some here.

But tonight is about celebrating Yes and the Yes legacy, so perhaps the peace pipe could be smoked for just one day, you know kind of like the Christmas truce along the Western Front of World War I around Christmas 1914....
    Sometimes in music, the songs can transcend the band members themselves - I think Yes is such a band.

Mega Yesfan

Seems to me that there are some members of the bands open to being part of a solution and others determined to be part of a problem. Happy to see that Jon A appears to be in the former camp - that photo was quite a statement. But the most important dynamic is the one between Jon and Steve, and we have yet to learn anything about that.

UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!

Glad that the two Jons got on yesterday....very sad that you have decided not to go, BUT you are spot on with your reasons. All the best.

The only balls I'll be kicking.... Well you get the drift!

I thought Rick was the Grumpy old man

Insane Yesfan

I don't play any Rabin era material (apart from occasionally 'Owner'), and anyway, I thought Wakeman was supposed to be washing his hair tonight...!
    Charmless and churlish.
    You've got plenty of work, you're keeping busy, you have a good job, you get to travel, are well-looked after. A good many fans who helped put there, and keep you there, have far less, and still seem to like you and what you.do anyway.
    No one has been 'knifed in the guts', apart from a police officer doing his job a couple of weeks at Westminster, so drop the ridiculous hyperbole, quit being a troll, and stick to your day job Mr Downes.

Super Mega Yesfan Closetotheedge1972's Avatar

Being a fan for close to 50 years tells me there has been plenty of that going around from many members. As a fan, we would just love to not have to be reminded of it every day multiple times especially leading into tonight. You certainly have made a very significant contribution to that history Geoff, but it would be nice to not have to read all of these attacking comments all the time and for all of you to take the high road. As a fan, I support all of you and always have.

No, I'm much more grumpy...
    ...would love to know who'd you consider either Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy or Dopey within Yes if you are Grumpy....

Super Mega Yesfan TommyTopographic's Avatar

Shame to read that Geoff. I understand the position but hope the 2 bands can come to some kind of compromise/agreement going forward. Would be good for Yesfans to see an end to the bitterness from both sides.
    CHECK OUT MY BAND SAHARA SKY AT.. www.soundcloud.com/saharasky

And the Spiders from Mars Frumious B's Avatar

I don't play any Rabin era material (apart from occasionally 'Owner'), and anyway, I thought Wakeman was supposed to be washing his hair tonight...!
    I'm familiar with the set lists. I also know you have a substantial body of work that has nothing to do with Yes. But it's Yes that is getting recognized tonight and eight guys being specifically recognized of which Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman are three. You agreed a few pages back that the HOF basically got it right in terms of who they included and in a sense you are an invited guest to their party.
    Last edited by Frumious B; 04-07-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    "...holding hands while the walls come tumbling down"

No, I'm much more grumpy...
    That sounds like a challenge. Here's my proposal: One lawn, a dozen delinquent kids, two grumps on the porch. First one to make all the children cry gets to ruin the other's repertoire on stage.

No bitterness here mate. Just defending myself...
    What I do find interesting in that regard is the lack of defense, publicly that is, from Yes to the punches ARW have been throwing around. Any reason for that?

Super Mega Yesfan TommyTopographic's Avatar

No bitterness here mate. Just defending myself...
    Fair enough and I agree ARW haven't conducted themselves well the last few months as regards official Yes.
    Appreciate you coming on here to interact with fans and giving your honest opinion.
    CHECK OUT MY BAND SAHARA SKY AT.. www.soundcloud.com/saharasky

It's called: taking the high ground
    ...but aren't you personally deviating from the company line then?

Mega Yesfan

But there's a world of difference between refraining from playing Mr Nice and playing Mr Bitter and Twisted. You sound like a very angry man today Geoff. Are you trying to tell us something? Are you about to be kicked out of the band or something? Certainly sounds are if you are not happy that there appear to be pools of harmony breaking out between the two camps, and that this was not in your script.

War ... just breaks the soul Bluegrunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Well you do say it is hypocritical, in your view, to extend an olive branch after all that is happened, and that seems to be exactly what Jon Davison has done.
    I don't think Geoff is commenting on JD's post. That's up to JD.
    I think Geoff is saying that for him (i.e. for Geoff) to buddy up with the ARW crowd would be hypocritical for him (Geoff).
    And I guess he should know.

Hey, let's hope everyone has a great time and enjoys the show and the long awaited recognition for let's face it, the best band in the world.
    Lame, naive, laughable and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    Charmless and churlish.
    You've got plenty of work, you're keeping busy, you have a good job, you get to travel, are well-looked after. A good many fans who helped put there, and keep you there, have far less, and still seem to like you and what you.do anyway.
    No one has been 'knifed in the guts', apart from a police officer doing his job a couple of weeks at Westminster, so drop the ridiculous hyperbole, quit being a troll, and stick to your day job Mr Downes.
    No one, not even a member of Yes, is allowed to have a differing opinion. Maybe you should heed your own advice.

Page 71 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast