Google

View Poll Results: What do you think about what Jon says in this interview?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he is right.

70 44.87%
  • No he is wrong.

58 37.18%
  • He means something else.

28 17.95%
Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2685

Thread: Anderson: Current Yes feels like tribute band - ARW will reignite Yes.

UK..........born in Morecambe but still not Wise !!!

Re: Anderson: Current Yes feels like tribute band - ARW will reignite Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrunt View Post
    Rick on Twitter:
    I know for various reasons Rick thinks it is a good idea to wear a carpet er sorry cape, but I wish he would ditch them as they are rather cheesy, what about robes or a kaftan instead or do cosplay.....for example the Tom Baker Doctor Who....I can see Rick in a long coat with a even longer scarf. Just a suggestion not to be taken too seriously....but burn the capes !!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2001 View Post
    I know for various reasons Rick thinks it is a good idea to wear a carpet er sorry cape, but I wish he would ditch them as they are rather cheesy, what about robes or a kaftan instead or do cosplay.....for example the Tom Baker Doctor Who....I can see Rick in a long coat with a even longer scarf. Just a suggestion not to be taken too seriously....but burn the capes !!
    I wholeheartedly concur. It has almost become a parody on a legend.
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

Dr. Fish will see you now. luna65's Avatar

I'm fine with Rick wearing capes as long as he wears clothes which are the equal of the cape, which of course he hasn't been of late.
    "If you slice me in two, I'm prog all the way through."
    - Mr. Poms

https://rabinesque.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    I'm fine with Rick wearing capes as long as he wears clothes which are the equal of the cape, which of course he hasn't been of late.
    I'm not sure a Superman or Batman suit would make it better....
    Jon Anderson (2018 interview): "We live for one thing alone and that is to find the divine energy within you, that is connected to the divine energy that surrounds us"

werd Re: Anderson: Current Yes feels like tribute band - ARW will reignite Yes.

Agreed ...a tracksuit or whatever Rick seems to wear on stage is pretty lame and looks even worse under a cape. In the 1990s Jon appeared to be wearing his pyjamas on stage but these days he is quite a snappy dresser ....that dark jacket and tee shirt combo works very well. Steve always dresses smartly and I have been pleased with Jon D’s choices recently. No comment on Billy or Trevor !!!

Best wishes from your Vogue correspondent.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterwerks View Post
    I'm a huge Steve Howe fan but now it's quite ridiculous. Only him and Downes (?). Heard Topographic Drama, sounds good and Sherwood is playing great. I really can't get into Davison. Just something off about him.

I saw "ARW" back in October 2016 - those guys were having fun and playing great!

The last time i saw the real YES was at Madison Square Garden in 2004 - they tore the roof off.
    "Just something about him..." It's because he's not Jon Anderson, dummy! Don't forget your prejudices when you leave for school.

What is ridiculous is that you've not been arsed to see them for fourteen years yet you think it's okay to make your summary dismissals.

Mega Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
    "Just something about him..." It's because he's not Jon Anderson, dummy! Don't forget your prejudices when you leave for school.

What is ridiculous is that you've not been arsed to see them for fourteen years yet you think it's okay to make your summary dismissals.
    I really don't think such a vituperative put down is warranted. I know what he means, and appreciate what he's expressing, even though I may not entirely concur. Must be a Yorkshire thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I wholeheartedly concur. It has almost become a parody on a legend.
    Ricks most recent capes certainly look like curtains that he could have stolen from an old folks home. Crusty and kitsch.
    -----
    paul
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    Crusty and kitsch.
    The curtains or Rick ?
    Soon oh soon the light, Pass within and soothe this endless night, And wait here for you, Our reason to be here...

New music from both YES's please sherwoodfish1's Avatar

175,000 views of this thread
    Anderson has not achieved his objective has he ?

Super Insane Yesfan

RICK WAKEMAN
    A great first day rehearsal with Jon and Trev. .....Jon singing beautifully and as well as ever and Trev playing brilliantly as always....I threw in a few wrong notes just to make it interesting,

11:25 PM - 14 May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Cap View Post
    I really don't think such a vituperative put down is warranted. I know what he means, and appreciate what he's expressing, even though I may not entirely concur. Must be a Yorkshire thing.....
    Yeah a bit grumpy this morning despite the glorious sun shining down on the broad acres. I'm not bitter however, just a bit blunt.

If he's primarily a Jon fan (which seems a reasonable assumption, given he's not seen Yes since 2004, yet goes to an ARW show) that's fair enough. But to then try and express an opinion on the current state of Yes as being "quite ridiculous" takes the biscuit, really. As well as being disrespectful to Alan, Jon and Billy (who he then strangely praises??).

Anyway, I see we've moved onto more pressing matters in the shape of Mr Wakeman's sartorial (in)elegance...
    Shut Up

Mega Insane Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Square View Post
    Yeah a bit grumpy this morning despite the glorious sun shining down on the broad acres. I'm not bitter however, just a bit blunt.

If he's primarily a Jon fan (which seems a reasonable assumption, given he's not seen Yes since 2004, yet goes to an ARW show) that's fair enough. But to then try and express an opinion on the current state of Yes as being "quite ridiculous" takes the biscuit, really. As well as being disrespectful to Alan, Jon and Billy (who he then strangely praises??).

Anyway, I see we've moved onto more pressing matters in the shape of Mr Wakeman's sartorial (in)elegance...
    He belongs in spandex. Gold spandex.

Cool2 Re: Anderson: Current Yes feels like tribute band - ARW will reignite Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by nzyesfan View Post
    Ricks most recent capes certainly look like curtains that he could have stolen from an old folks home. Crusty and kitsch.
    Crusty and Kitsch?? Isn’t that a cop show spinoff from The Simpsons.

By the way there has been a recent series of carpet and curtain thefts in the London area. If you have any information please contact detectives Crusty and Kitsch on tel 2112 90125

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2001 View Post
    Best wishes from your Vogue correspondent.
    Hook a sister up for Fashion Week, oi!

I sincerely hope that this year Trevor manages a bit more color in his choice of attire. He needs the jewel tones!
    - Mr. Poms

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

I sincerely hope that this year Trevor manages a bit more color in his choice of attire. He needs the jewel tones!
    yeah.. it would be cool..

you know me, I would love to see Trevor take a hint from this Prince photo :) I bet he would look great in this outfit

but not to bold like this guy...

and it's time for Jon to do the all white thing, with a hint of gold, kinda like the outfit for the big Atlantic records party from the mid 80's I think... I like it.... and throw away or burn that black and white jacket that he seems to have on for years now, yuk...

I wonder if Trevor has ever worn a cape before on stage... and would he ever use one? Not a big one, more of a smaller size like Howe had back for the Tales and relayer days....

let Rick keep the big flowing ones... that will always be his thing.

still undefined

Quote Originally Posted by crotale2112 View Post
    you know me, I would love to see Trevor take a hint from this Prince photo :) I bet he would look great in this outfit
    Trevor had his black-and-yellow outfit - but I don't think he'd wear anything like it now.

I wonder if Trevor has ever worn a cape before on stage... and would he ever use one? Not a big one, more of a smaller size like Howe had back for the Tales and relayer days....
    Rabbitt has some glam-style stage clothes back then, but I've never seen any photos of capes, just marabou feathers and metallic ensembles and the like.
    - Mr. Poms

and it's time for Jon to do the all white thing, with a hint of gold, kinda like the outfit for the big Atlantic records party from the mid 80's I think... I like it.... and throw away or burn that black and white jacket that he seems to have on for years now, yuk...

let Rick keep the big flowing ones... that will always be his thing.
    Jon could come out in a white and gold pajama sweat suit with the feet built in. And a nice smaill TFTO/Relayer cape might give Rabin some mojo and lift on the Howe songs. Rick's capes remind me of a big heavy uncomfortable rug on his back. No wonder he looks grumpy and has his eyes closed so much... Maybe something like this light weight winged head band would free him up a bit..?

dreamland connecticut. to the left of the garden of geda

Trevor had his black-and-yellow outfit - but I don't think he'd wear anything like it now.

Rabbitt has some glam-style stage clothes back then, but I've never seen any photos of capes, just marabou feathers and metallic ensembles and the like.
    yeah.. I dig that outfit...

it would be great for Trevor to bring back some of that glam-style... I thought it was cool.. and I for one would love a new track on the new AWR album to be of a heavy disco feel... a disco/prog tune that would totally freak many Yesfans out.... a song dripping in feather boas and platform shoes..

I hope Trevor still has a little disco in him after all these years... I love disco... most of the time it's happy music and is a good platform to jam on.... especially with a tweaked out mini moog.

still undefined

Long Island New York, but a Brooklyn Italian at heart

New Music, with that old Yes spark in the singing. Reigniting Yes!

So when we do concerts with any Yes music, I always say, there’s certain things you have to play that Chris played because without those notes, the voice doesn’t sing correctly. - Jon Anderson

For me, it's Jon Anderson's distinctive, light but husky vocal that is as characteristic of their sound as anything - Andy MacIntyre

Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 LastLast