Google
 


View Poll Results: well?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current Line-Up

    16 41.03%
  • Current Line-Up + JA and a Wakeman

    3 7.69%
  • Squire/White/Howe/Downes/Anderson

    5 12.82%
  • A REAL UNION album and residency

    15 38.46%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 221

Thread: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

  1. #81
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Glendale (LA) Ca
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8,298
    Rep Power
    107374832

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    A new Union album... Naw.... A tour someday, very slight chance.....VERY SLIGHT
    Matt

    Tom, Bert, Bill??? Which troll are you today?

    "Hippies please use side door"

    "It is Best To Consult Others Before Taking Unusual Actions"

    I'm not sure who's more dangerous, the band or the fans.....



  2. #82
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    107374504

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    A new Union album... Naw.... A tour someday, very slight chance.....VERY SLIGHT
    That sucks. Would be great to hear them all create at least a few new songs together, like a real UNION... Of coarse a small bunch of shows. But the creating together and pushing the Yes-envelope would be cool to go with the live shows.
    Shining Flying Purple Wolf's everywhere!

    www.myspace.com/somissound

  3. #83
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Glendale (LA) Ca
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8,298
    Rep Power
    107374832

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    The only answer to a Union style project is Mr. Sherwood.....
    Matt

    Tom, Bert, Bill??? Which troll are you today?

    "Hippies please use side door"

    "It is Best To Consult Others Before Taking Unusual Actions"

    I'm not sure who's more dangerous, the band or the fans.....

  4. #84
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    107374504

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    The only answer to a Union style project is Mr. Sherwood.....
    I think you are right! He could do a great job orchestrating all the ego's and maybe get a few new songs out of it.
    Shining Flying Purple Wolf's everywhere!

    www.myspace.com/somissound

  5. #85
    Yes-East-West-Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    55852607

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    They would have to kidnap him and hold him hostage. You see the problem is Trevor doesn't want to be back, he has made that perfectly clear in the last few years.
    Hm, Arno, might be, that Trevor has no interest in the Yes, that exists since five to six years? I would not blame him at all for that.

    Though Rabin seems - at least in theory- to have interest in playing with Yes-musicians and playing Yes-Music, as the idea of a Project with Jon and Rick prooves... and they would not mind Bill Bruford either, if he only were intersted...

    And besides all that, Arno, hey, we know there is nothing more vague in this world than quotes from yes-musicians. Trevor might say this today - and tomorrow say yes to Yes, if there is a reason suddenly..

  6. #86
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,838
    Rep Power
    107374837

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    Hm, Arno, might be, that Trevor has no interest in the Yes, that exists since five to six years? I would not blame him at all for that.

    Though Rabin seems - at least in theory- to have interest in playing with Yes-musicians and playing Yes-Music, as the idea of a Project with Jon and Rick prooves... and they would not mind Bill Bruford either, if he only were intersted...

    And besides all that, Arno, hey, we know there is nothing more vague in this world than quotes from yes-musicians. Trevor might say this today - and tomorrow say yes to Yes, if there is a reason suddenly..
    Trevor hasn't got an interest in playing Yesmusic. He has made it clear that any getting together of him Jon and Rick would be about new music as far as he's concerned. And if there's any one person in the (ex)Yes camp that doesn't twist and turn it's Trevor IMO. He has been declining invitations to be back in the fold since 1998.
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

  7. #87
    Over The Edge MrZuLu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Weed, California
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,907
    Rep Power
    107374694

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Too bad too!
    I was hoping for a followup after Talk

    Igor was a huge disappointment for me...
    "Yes's resilience comes not simply from doing the same things over and over, but doing them with purpose." Henry, April 23, 2013

  8. #88
    Yes-East-West-Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    55852607

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Trevor hasn't got an interest in playing Yesmusic. He has made it clear that any getting together of him Jon and Rick would be about new music as far as he's concerned. And if there's any one person in the (ex)Yes camp that doesn't twist and turn it's Trevor IMO. He has been declining invitations to be back in the fold since 1998.
    Mhhhm, if you are interested in a project with Anderson, Wakeman and at best (though quite impossible) Bill Bruford as well, you seem intested in Yes-Music. Actually you would automatically produce new Yes-Music. I don't remember quotes of Trevor, in which he states, that he would not want to Play Yes-Music, but it is of course very possible, that I missed reading them. But even then anyway I would not rule out for Rabin, what Jon somtimes said:

    I remember Jon sying this, from Henry Potts' site:

    "Some material has been prepared and concrete discussions had about the band. Wakeman in Jan 2011 said that the three of them "are working on putting a band together to both record and perform". A Mar 2011 interview with Anderson had this:
    As you probably know I loved the albums we did with Trevor like Talk and Big Generator. [...] We'll get together to write some new music and thereafter we intend to go on tour with these new songs and of course we will also perform some Yes classics. We'll do a try out of a month and then, if it works, we'll also perform some gigs in Europe

    On 11 Mar 2011, Mike Tiano said (at the Notes from the Edge Facebook site), "Trevor told me yesterday that conversations with Rick and Jon are happening." Asked about whether the project will move forward, in a Jan 2011 interview, Anderson said:
    I don't know. I got an e-mail from Trevor today [...] I was with Trevor last week. [...] We've talked over the last couple of years about maybe getting together and doing some concerts, re-looking at the album Talk, and 90125, Big Generator, and a couple... two or three Yes classics, but centering in on that and maybe... We've written a couple of new songs and... me and Rick have written two songs for the project. But like anything, it's timing. It will happen when it happens, and I'll be there!"

  9. #89
    Yes-East-West-Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    55852607

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrZuLu View Post
    Too bad too!
    I was hoping for a followup after Talk

    Igor was a huge disappointment for me...
    I liked Igor, he then was the fresher and more focused version of Rick Wakeman... like Rick himself, when he was great, on Fragile, CTTE and Tales...

    And yesss, Talk is Yes' so far last masterpiece to me, the so far last Album with a real vison and new aspects, in a way the so far last progressive Yes-Album... and I do miss Trevor.

  10. #90
    Super Insane Yesfan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    107374334

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by somissound View Post
    I think you are right! He could do a great job orchestrating all the ego's and maybe get a few new songs out of it.
    Or just write all the music himself, play most of it, get a few instrumental solos and vocal tracks from the other former and current Yes guys, put it all together in his studio, and stamp the name "Yes" on it. :) I get the sense that that is generally what he does a lot of the time these days (without the Yes name), and I am not knocking him for it, I like his music. However, I'm not sure he's the guy one would turn to in order to get a "more legitimate" Union album. I think a lot of what he does is exactly what Jon Anderson and Jonathan Elias did with the first Union album. I think he's the guy you'd turn to to do an actual second Union album done approximately the way the first one was done, which actually might not be a horrible idea, I'd buy it, but I don't think is what you guys are hoping for.

    That is not to say he wouldn't do a good job producing or contributing to a Yes album either. I've often said if the writing is going slow or the band can't finish off some songs, Sherwood, being so prolific and good at getting projects finished, would be a perfect guy to turn to and say "Look, we've got 7 good songs and 2 we can't finish up, and need 11, can you take the demos on the 2 we can't finish and finish them off, and write [and possibly perform on] 2 more yourself?". I think he's pretty incredible in the way he can just churn out songs, and I think it'd make perfect sense for Yes or any progressive band that has the crux of an album and can't quite put it together, to turn to him for some songs or some finishing touches and extra vocals/instrumentation on demos they can't quite make come out right.

  11. #91
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,838
    Rep Power
    107374837

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    Mhhhm, if you are interested in a project with Anderson, Wakeman and at best (though quite impossible) Bill Bruford as well, you seem intested in Yes-Music. Actually you would automatically produce new Yes-Music. I don't remember quotes of Trevor, in which he states, that he would not want to Play Yes-Music, but it is of course very possible, that I missed reading them. But even then anyway I would not rule out for Rabin, what Jon somtimes said:

    I remember Jon sying this, from Henry Potts' site:

    "Some material has been prepared and concrete discussions had about the band. Wakeman in Jan 2011 said that the three of them "are working on putting a band together to both record and perform". A Mar 2011 interview with Anderson had this:
    As you probably know I loved the albums we did with Trevor like Talk and Big Generator. [...] We'll get together to write some new music and thereafter we intend to go on tour with these new songs and of course we will also perform some Yes classics. We'll do a try out of a month and then, if it works, we'll also perform some gigs in Europe

    On 11 Mar 2011, Mike Tiano said (at the Notes from the Edge Facebook site), "Trevor told me yesterday that conversations with Rick and Jon are happening." Asked about whether the project will move forward, in a Jan 2011 interview, Anderson said:
    I don't know. I got an e-mail from Trevor today [...] I was with Trevor last week. [...] We've talked over the last couple of years about maybe getting together and doing some concerts, re-looking at the album Talk, and 90125, Big Generator, and a couple... two or three Yes classics, but centering in on that and maybe... We've written a couple of new songs and... me and Rick have written two songs for the project. But like anything, it's timing. It will happen when it happens, and I'll be there!"
    ...and there you have it....this is Jon talking, not Trevor! And we all know that Jon is a very spontanious person and one day he can say this, the next day that. In fact only about two weeks after the quotes you mentioned Jon said there would be no touring at all, only an album, and some time after that he talked again how he would like to do 'Endless Dream' on tour. Jon talks in dreams and emotions and if he feel one way this week he will say one thing and if he feels another way the next week, he will say something else. That's Jon for you.

    Trevor has Always maintained that for him the project A) isn't a priority (yet) B) it's about new music for him.
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

  12. #92
    Mega Yesfan aytrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    19
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    107374230

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    ...and there you have it....this is Jon talking, not Trevor! And we all know that Jon is a very spontanious person and one day he can say this, the next day that. In fact only about two weeks after the quotes you mentioned Jon said there would be no touring at all, only an album, and some time after that he talked again how he would like to do 'Endless Dream' on tour. Jon talks in dreams and emotions and if he feel one way this week he will say one thing and if he feels another way the next week, he will say something else. That's Jon for you.

    Trevor has Always maintained that for him the project A) isn't a priority (yet) B) it's about new music for him.
    I think it's fair to say that Jon Anderson is more than a bit flighty in interviews, but I think Trevor is more interested than it may seem. After all, just a few months ago he said, "the intent is stronger now than it has been." As is the case with many Yes-related projects, though, actual accomplishment of ideas is often elusive. I just read that Rick once said of the project, "as ever, things seem to take much longer than you think is necessary..." So, I think they're all interested and honestly intend on working together, but it's not as much of a priority as fans think it should be.

    If something does happen and a tour does come to be, I think they'll seriously look at playing some of Talk. It seems as if they feel it was overlooked and deserves more attention than it initially received. Of course, they would feel obligated to play "OOALH" and more of 90125, maybe "Hearts." As for Big Generator, I'm not so sure they would re-visit it all too much. No one's really even mentioned it, even in speculation. I, for one, would hope "Lift Me Up" is resurrected, but who really knows? New music would be the primary focus of course if Trevor is to be involved.
    "Change we must, to live again."

  13. #93
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,838
    Rep Power
    107374837

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by aytrooper View Post
    I think it's fair to say that Jon Anderson is more than a bit flighty in interviews, but I think Trevor is more interested than it may seem. After all, just a few months ago he said, "the intent is stronger now than it has been." As is the case with many Yes-related projects, though, actual accomplishment of ideas is often elusive. I just read that Rick once said of the project, "as ever, things seem to take much longer than you think is necessary..." So, I think they're all interested and honestly intend on working together, but it's not as much of a priority as fans think it should be.

    If something does happen and a tour does come to be, I think they'll seriously look at playing some of Talk. It seems as if they feel it was overlooked and deserves more attention than it initially received. Of course, they would feel obligated to play "OOALH" and more of 90125, maybe "Hearts." As for Big Generator, I'm not so sure they would re-visit it all too much. No one's really even mentioned it, even in speculation. I, for one, would hope "Lift Me Up" is resurrected, but who really knows? New music would be the primary focus of course if Trevor is to be involved.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Trevor is indeed interested in working with Jon and Rick, but as you say the primary focus for him would be new music. And touring would probably present the same problem with Jon (and Rick for that matter) as it would do if Jon were to get back with Yes: how to make it financially feasable and cater to Jon's health at the same time........
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

  14. #94
    Mega Yesfan aytrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Age
    19
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    107374230

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think Trevor is indeed interested in working with Jon and Rick, but as you say the primary focus for him would be new music. And touring would probably present the same problem with Jon (and Rick for that matter) as it would do if Jon were to get back with Yes: how to make it financially feasable and cater to Jon's health at the same time........
    Agreed. I hope Jon follows through on his idea to play with bands more in the near future. I think he's ready to test his limits. If his voice remains in the condition in was for his recent performance of "Awaken," then there may be a better chance of an AWR tour. Stability would remain a question mark, but he's packed quite a few shows into March/April next year and that might serve as an indicator.

    I think JA and RW are always open to new music. I have no idea what it would sound like with Trevor Rabin of 2014 involved, though.
    "Change we must, to live again."

  15. #95
    Yes-East-West-Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    55852607

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    ...and there you have it....this is Jon talking, not Trevor! And we all know that Jon is a very spontanious person and one day he can say this, the next day that. In fact only about two weeks after the quotes you mentioned Jon said there would be no touring at all, only an album, and some time after that he talked again how he would like to do 'Endless Dream' on tour. Jon talks in dreams and emotions and if he feel one way this week he will say one thing and if he feels another way the next week, he will say something else. That's Jon for you.

    Trevor has Always maintained that for him the project A) isn't a priority (yet) B) it's about new music for him.
    Dear Arno, I too remember saying Trevor, that he wants to do new Music with Anderson and Wakeman. I don't remember him saying, that he never ever again wants to play older Yessongs. If those three would be on stage and not playing Yessongs... admit it Arno, ist is very, very hard to imagine... and it won't happen... they would to a lot of Yes-stuff, I would bet about that.

    So, in contrast, I find Trevors Little Manifesto very Yes-friendly... to make new Music with Jon and Rick would mean, at least new Music in the Spirit of Yes, maybe one could even say: Yesmusic... I find Trevor wanting to do NEW MUSIC underlines, that he would take such a Project seriously... the Yes is autimatically in the game with those three.

  16. #96
    Wishing you well... Bobby Dread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever I am at the moment
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,110
    Rep Power
    107374446

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    The only answer to a Union style project is Mr. Sherwood.....
    Probably only if he develops a penchant for masochism.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet

  17. #97
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,838
    Rep Power
    107374837

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    Dear Arno, I too remember saying Trevor, that he wants to do new Music with Anderson and Wakeman. I don't remember him saying, that he never ever again wants to play older Yessongs. If those three would be on stage and not playing Yessongs... admit it Arno, ist is very, very hard to imagine... and it won't happen... they would to a lot of Yes-stuff, I would bet about that.
    I don't disagree there Peter. Where I disagree is the chances of them touring. Personally I think these are slim to none. Trevor still gets lots of filmscore offers and apparantly still likes to do them very much, he says he's working on another solo album as well. Rick has just announced that big 'Journey tour', Jon is doing his thing. They can hardly find the time and especially the timing to do a studio project, let alone plan a tour that will suit all shedules. No tour = no Yes songs.
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

  18. #98
    SR Mega Yesfan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Hoofddorp, the Netherlands
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,838
    Rep Power
    107374837

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dread View Post
    Probably only if he develops a penchant for masochism.
    Well, that is actually how Circa: got started (the Union style project thingy, not the masochism ). In the intial stages the project was going under a working title of Family or Family Project and several ex-Yes men were approached (also Peter Banks being one of them). In the end it didn't work and in 2006, as the project developed, Sherwood and Kaye decided to change tack and focus on creating a unitary band and that is how Circa: came to be. So don't rule Billy out when it comes to a Union style project.......
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

  19. #99
    Yes-East-West-Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,175
    Rep Power
    55852607

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holland View Post
    I don't disagree there Peter. Where I disagree is the chances of them touring. Personally I think these are slim to none. Trevor still gets lots of filmscore offers and apparantly still likes to do them very much, he says he's working on another solo album as well. Rick has just announced that big 'Journey tour', Jon is doing his thing. They can hardly find the time and especially the timing to do a studio project, let alone plan a tour that will suit all shedules. No tour = no Yes songs.
    Okay, Arno, we do agree here, I never said, that we will soon have a Yes Volume II with Trevor and Jon and Rick and whoever. I just wish, that they get their asses up high to create a second and maybe more creative Yes... or whatever it will be or be called...

  20. #100
    onward... somissound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somis, California
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    107374504

    Re: NEW Yes album 2015!!!?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterCologne View Post
    Okay, Arno, we do agree here, I never said, that we will soon have a Yes Volume II with Trevor and Jon and Rick and whoever. I just wish, that they get their asses up high to create a second and maybe more creative Yes... or whatever it will be or be called...
    Ya know, it sure would make sense to just call it (2015 of coarse) AWRSW.

    That is, if sour grapes and egos triumph. Otherwise add Howe, Davison, Downes. Then you could play music from ALL era's... And record a few or more new tunes together to finally have a REAL UNION recording of music created and recorded together!

    Now if only they did it for the music, and NOT trying to have a hit, it might work.
    Last edited by somissound; 12-19-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Shining Flying Purple Wolf's everywhere!

    www.myspace.com/somissound

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •