Google

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: YES in 2014

The One, The Only: YesMike yesmike0215's Avatar

YES in 2014

What will happen in 2014 for Yes? If you were to look into a crystal ball, what do you see? A new album? Tour? Cruise? Will you "No Jon, No Yes" people get a reunion show or two? Will Yes end? This is not a "what do you want for 2014", this is "what do you think will happen." Maybe we can come back to this thread next year to see how we did
    Last edited by yesmike0215; 06-04-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    yesmike0215

like a ship in a harbour tangentmusic's Avatar

Re: YES in 2014

New album & tour.
    2 classic LP's in their entirety: Drama & Relayer + new album selections with Roundabout as encore

Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

I fully agree with Tangent here.

My hovercraft is full of eels. Lonewolf's Avatar

"Reply hazy, ask again later."
    Jeff Tiberius Lonewolf
    There are always possibilities.

lol its a little early but we know there will be a European Spring Tour a Us summer tour Cruise to the Edge and a New album to be released in the spring around April according to Chris I will ponder this question as I mow the lawn and give a bigger response
    "I'm rooting for the band to make me feel like a complete idiot. "

Frumious B

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2076496

Mega Insane Yesfan downbyariver's Avatar

I think posts two and three missed the "This is not what you want" caveat. :) If they played a three album tour with a new album, Drama, and Relayer in their entirety, I'd be shocked.

My prediction is that there is no new album, the band tours a greatest hits type set list, and there is at least one change to the band lineup. Of course, I'm sometimes viewed as a pessimist. I hope they get things into gear and record a new album. If they do, then they probably have a greatest hits type tour that also includes at least one or more tracks from the new release.

If it's January and no tracks have been laid down in the studio, that's probably it for in terms of following the modern band's goings on. I just don't see the point in following a band that doesn't make new music. I'll keeping listening to the old stuff that I've previously purchased, sure, but what do I care who's singing or playing guitar in concerts I don't attend? If it's purely a nostalgia act, there's not much connection worth making with it if you can't afford concert ticket prices.

like a ship in a harbour tangentmusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by downbyariver View Post
    I think posts two and three missed the "This is not what you want" caveat. :) If they played a three album tour with a new album, Drama, and Relayer in their entirety, I'd be shocked.
    Of course, I'm sometimes viewed as a pessimist.
    I've read recent interviews with Steve Howe on how they are really enjoying the 3 album tour, and he mentioned Relayer & Drama as future possibilities for LP tours. It does look like a new LP in '14. I dont think they would play the entire new record, just some of it. I obviously can't foresee or foretell what they will actually do, but my reply was based on what Steve said and not what I wish for (but wishes sometimes come true)
    Yep... You are a bit of a pessimist, arent you?
    Last edited by tangentmusic; 06-04-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: additional thought

The One, The Only: YesMike yesmike0215's Avatar

Here's what I see in my crystal ball!
    January-April: Studio work for new album
    April: Cruise to the Edge (YES does a greatest hits setlist with one song 'sneak preview' of next album)
    May: Release new album
    June-Aug: Summer U.S/European Tour
    Sep-Oct: Off month (Begin gathering new ideas)
    Nov: Special reunion show in Broadway featuring (obviously) Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Pat Moraz, Trevor Rabin, Bill Bruford?
    December-Going into 2015: Tour & Gather new ideas (With a lineup of Squire, Howe, White, O. Wakeman, Davison)
    **DOWNES RETIRES AFTER REUNION SHOW AND FOCUSES STRICTLY ON ASIA MATERIAL**
    yesmike0215

SR Super Yesfan

Jan/Feb: finishing work on new album
    Apr: Cruise to the Edge 2
    Apr/May: release of new album
    May/Jun: European tour, including UK
    Jul/Aug: North American tour (including Yestival 2): set list focused on new album + greatest hits + a few unexpected catalogue songs
    rest of year: Possibly a South American leg, a Japan/Pacific rim leg and/or a second North American leg
    some time during year??: re-releases, live album/DVD or something like that

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Jan/Feb: Finishing work on new album
    Apr: Announce Jon Anderson to guest on occasional gigs with Rick Wakeman , at selected gigs
    Jul/Aug: North American tour (including Yestival 2): set list focused on new album + greatest hits + a few unexpected catalogue songs
    rest of year: Possibly a South American leg, a Japan/Pacific rim leg and/or a second North American leg

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Micah68 View Post
    Apr: Announce Jon Anderson to guest on occasional gigs with Rick Wakeman , at selected gigs
    If there is some sort of reunion event(s) with Anderson/Wakeman (R), I suspect it will be tied in with something like an archival release or a remaster series, something like that. The move to things like the Yestival and Cruise to the Edge may suggest a context for special shows that would suit a guest appearance.

Henry

Insane Yesfan

I hope they bring there 3 album tour to the UK. It's starting to look less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by yesmike0215 View Post
    Here's what I see in my crystal ball!
    January-April: Studio work for new album
    April: Cruise to the Edge (YES does a greatest hits setlist with one song 'sneak preview' of next album)
    May: Release new album
    June-Aug: Summer U.S/European Tour
    Sep-Oct: Off month (Begin gathering new ideas)
    Nov: Special reunion show in Broadway featuring (obviously) Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Pat Moraz, Trevor Rabin, Bill Bruford?
    December-Going into 2015: Tour & Gather new ideas (With a lineup of Squire, Howe, White, O. Wakeman, Davison)
    **DOWNES RETIRES AFTER REUNION SHOW AND FOCUSES STRICTLY ON ASIA MATERIAL**
    I would be interested in this

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    I think this will happen but my 2 cents

Jan/Feb: finnish new album
    March-April Us tour (possibly a different 3 album tour I am guessing Relayer Fragile Fly From Here)
    May release of the album
    May-Jun European tour in support of the new album
    July-August US tour in support of new album
    September rest
    October-december Yes begin working on Follow up to be released in 2015
    "I'm rooting for the band to make me feel like a complete idiot. "

Frumious B

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2076496

SR Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by gitsy View Post
    I hope they bring there 3 album tour to the UK. It's starting to look less likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    I think this will happen but my 2 cents

Jan/Feb: finnish new album
    March-April Us tour (possibly a different 3 album tour I am guessing Relayer Fragile Fly From Here)
    May release of the album
    May-Jun European tour in support of the new album
    July-August US tour in support of new album
    September rest
    October-december Yes begin working on Follow up to be released in 2015
    Sorry, I don't see them working up a new 3-album set list for just one leg, and then switching to new album promotion. They'll stick to the current set list until the new album is out and then we'll get a new set list based heavily on that, and that will get toured around the world in 2014/5. And then, maybe, a new 3-album set list.

What I wonder is whether there's a compromise/transitional set between the current 3 albums and something supporting the new album. There's a strong argument for bringing the 3 album tour to Europe, but once the new album is out, they'll want to tour that. So, either they do a European leg of the 3 album set before the new album (and maybe have the new album out in time for a N American summer tour), or they could do a tour were they play all of The Yes Album and Close to the Edge plus most (all?) of the new album.

Henry

Insane Yesfan

they could do a tour were they play all of The Yes Album and Close to the Edge plus most (all?) of the new album.

Henry
    Now I like the sound of that!

Insane Yesfan

A new album and a tour for it is pretty much an entire year's worth of work. I'd be surprised if there's anything beyond that next year. Yes doing a new album is not exactly "set in stone" at this point, but it seems increasingly likely.

Also, keep in mind that there is likely to be solo activity by at least some band members, so that eats into the available schedule for Yes.

Mega Insane Yesfan Sharp on Attack's Avatar

They could do a 3 album tour made of Fragile (minus Cans, 5% and Heaven ), Drama and the new album. I would gladly see that.

Henry
    Henry, my friend, I wholeheartedly agree based on the information made publicly available. There was some word that Yes would not tour to support the new album come May/June, but continue the 3-album tour and introduce the new album in the US over the summer. I hope this is not the case if an album is released in April/May because it would be a potentially harmful PR move.

I know that Yes and many fans would like to see the Three Album Tour throughout the world, so thinking it through reasonably, I came up with a plan that I believe satisfies the needs and desires to release the album in the spring, support it, and complete the Three Album Tour cycle, while hitting all major markets and maximizing their investments into an album/tour platform throughout each:

1. Summer 2013 - Complete Three Album Tour of the Americas
    2. Spring/Summer 2014 - CTTE2 and UK/European Tour - Set list drawn from usual live favorites and the new album, can/should include an epic (The Revealing Science of God or Ritual would be a great nod towards Tales) and sensible rarities, e.g. To Be Over and Changes
    3. Summer 2014 US Tour - Same as European, but possible varying of a song or two night to night due to comfort over time, e.g. Machine Messiah and Heart of the Sunrise in 2011. I believe the band/PR has shown growth in recent years and to take note of fans' desire for more variety would be a very positive step in the right direction, although potentially more challenging
    4. Fall 2014/Winter 2015 AustrAsian Tour - Same as US Tour
    5. Winter/Spring 2015 South American Tour - Same as US Tour
    6. Summer 2015 off (writing, resting, living)
    7. Fall 2015/Winter and Spring 2016 UK/European/Austrasian Tour - Now that the band has supported its latest album worldwide, the recent historical pattern would have Yes tour a concept or develop new music. As such Yes can bring the 2013 Three Album Tour east to complete the cycle
    8. Maybe throughout this time new music is being written and the cycle restarts with a release and debut with a 2016 Summer US Tour

Positives:

1. After successfully touring the classic albums, which I believe was a strong market stimulant for Yes along with the Cruise and now the Yestival, the new album can drive JD's validation with Yes to the next level, propelling Yes a step further with marketability; particularly if more JA-only fans buy in and/or more casual fans join in
    2. This type of long-term plan that promotes many good things in the Yesworld and maximizes stability, continuous work/income, market growth (and musical/personal?), and fan satisfaction (and empty wallets ... JC: "Malcolm, should we travel the world to see all these tours?" MB: "hmmm Bronx boy, let me think are you kidding ya bloody Bronx loon? of course we fricken are man! )
    3. Fully extends into each economic market with the two best products this Yes can offer: new music and the very strong Three Album Tour because (without analyzing statistics such as ticket sales) I believe this Yes is at it's best since 2008
    4. Yes, and particularly Chris IMO, would be thrilled to release new music with the 'new' Yes
    5. Yes, and particularly Steve IMO, would be thrilled to revisit and complete the Yes Album, Close to the Edge and Going For the One idea later on

I know this is very far in advance and that many things could impact this; it is meant to be a reasonable plan that promotes growth and fan satisfaction (from a super fan's perspective, the band may not feel the same) and is not a prediction. Call it a recommendation, if you like ........ ...
    Last edited by JoEy YeS; 06-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    With love and care,
    JC

SR Mega Yesfan

Henry
    I'm with Henry here. Remember that Geoff and Alan have all ready mentioned plans for 5 legs of touring after the release of a new album! 5 legs of touring from May/June 2014 on might easily see them carry on into 2015.
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

SR Mega Yesfan

Sorry, I don't see them working up a new 3-album set list for just one leg, and then switching to new album promotion. They'll stick to the current set list until the new album is out and then we'll get a new set list based heavily on that, and that will get toured around the world in 2014/5. And then, maybe, a new 3-album set list.
    Agree completely!

What I wonder is whether there's a compromise/transitional set between the current 3 albums and something supporting the new album. There's a strong argument for bringing the 3 album tour to Europe, but once the new album is out, they'll want to tour that. So, either they do a European leg of the 3 album set before the new album (and maybe have the new album out in time for a N American summer tour), or they could do a tour were they play all of The Yes Album and Close to the Edge plus most (all?) of the new album.

Henry
    It could very well be that a new touring cycle starts with the Cruise to the Edge trip. If any touring is done before that (Feb/March) I suspect it will either be the current 3 albums tour or it will be some sort of 'greatest hits' set list, just to get some milage again after not playing live for 5-6 months (pressuming that this year's summer tour will be the last touring untill then).
    The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when it's open.

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast