Google
 


Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

  1. #1
    Yesfan
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    5368733

    Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    Okay, this HAS to be the right forum to indulge my delusion (delirium?). Have wondered about this for years but have only recently joined this Yesfans community (BTW, thanks for the welcome) and now feel that I'm amongst knowledgeable friends.

    So, when I listen to GoD I think I hear "Frightening, Frightening War Is So Frightening, Frightening".

    At:

    10:48-10:59

    11:13-11:24

    and, most especially, at 11:43-12:07

    Am I crazy? I'm actually not that fragile and so don't mind if you tell me I'm a loon.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9ZGTO9eVc

  2. #2
    "I woke to the sound of drums..." SunshipVoyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Place Where It Is Always Sunny, USA
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    107374292

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    I hear voices, but not those exact words...

    I have inserted my own phrases over vocal sounds before, though, so it isn't just you...
    "He who binds to himself a joy doth the winged life destroy. But he who kisses the joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise..." - William Blake

  3. #3
    ...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cornerstone of the Round Room Central.
    Posts
    3,393
    Rep Power
    107374453

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    There is 'something' there at the 11:40 in with the keys (ba-ba...ba ba ba..) part.

    I've never thought much about it but, Yes, there is something being said.

    Q. Could this have been some type of early vocoder device?

    (Though, I don't know that vocoders existed in 1974...by 1976, they did most definitely [see Alan Parsons
    'Tales of Mystery..' album])

    or A subliminal sung in the same key as the keyboard at the exact same time notes were played?

    Who knows really, other than those involved...Maybe.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    ...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

    The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

  4. #4
    Super Mega Yesfan ragtime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    107374275

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    I think its just a filter that's being used on the synth patch at that point which gives it a voice like intonation - a bit like a wah wah peddle can make a guitar "talk". It does have a bit of a vocoder sound to it but I don't think anyone is actually singing or saying anything.
    Universe University

  5. #5
    Mega Yesfan jaynote1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    nc
    Age
    52
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    48600462

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    interesting, i will have to check it our once i get my ipod going again....
    in hoc tu often

  6. #6
    Pianist/Pandemoniumist pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Electric Ladyland
    Posts
    5,443
    Rep Power
    107374637

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    Quote Originally Posted by berkeley1970s View Post
    Okay, this HAS to be the right forum to indulge my delusion (delirium?). Have wondered about this for years but have only recently joined this Yesfans community (BTW, thanks for the welcome) and now feel that I'm amongst knowledgeable friends.

    So, when I listen to GoD I think I hear "Frightening, Frightening War Is So Frightening, Frightening".

    At:

    10:48-10:59

    11:13-11:24

    and, most especially, at 11:43-12:07

    Am I crazy? I'm actually not that fragile and so don't mind if you tell me I'm a loon.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9ZGTO9eVc
    I like the lead in to 10:48-10:59 - the not-so-subtle hint of air raid sirens in the distance.
    ---Pianozach---

    ". . . Be the change you wish to see in the world." —Ghandi

    http://www.pianozach.com/ under re-construction
    http://www.macjams.com/artist/bigidea
    and a new MacJams page: http://www.macjams.com/artist/pianozach

  7. #7
    SR Super Yesfan luvyesmusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Robtor, a created YES-state of mind in a castle in Northern Virginia.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,099
    Rep Power
    107374605

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    All I can hear is "buy our album, buy our album. PLEASE!" ;-)


    Show your support for yesfans.com. Donate today!

  8. #8
    ...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cornerstone of the Round Room Central.
    Posts
    3,393
    Rep Power
    107374453

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    All I can hear is "buy our album, buy our album. PLEASE!" ;-)
    See?

    Subliminal messaging works.

    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    ...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

    The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

  9. #9
    omg like whatever! brufy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ancient Stone Circles Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    4,228
    Rep Power
    107374493

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening


  10. #10
    Yesfan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    14034152

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    slightly off topic here ...
    Just posting this because I like musicians to get proper credit & history is so soon forgotten ...
    First use of vocoder I know of is Mike Pinera on "Butterfly Bleu" from Iron Butterfly's "Metamorphosis" album.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTqlHt0r1k

    their absolute masterwork

  11. #11
    Pianist/Pandemoniumist pianozach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Electric Ladyland
    Posts
    5,443
    Rep Power
    107374637

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    Quote Originally Posted by brian imig View Post
    slightly off topic here ...
    Just posting this because I like musicians to get proper credit & history is so soon forgotten ...
    First use of vocoder I know of is Mike Pinera on "Butterfly Bleu" from Iron Butterfly's "Metamorphosis" album.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTqlHt0r1k


    their absolute masterwork


    Well, THAT was a fun track. Thanks for sharing.
    ---Pianozach---

    ". . . Be the change you wish to see in the world." —Ghandi

    http://www.pianozach.com/ under re-construction
    http://www.macjams.com/artist/bigidea
    and a new MacJams page: http://www.macjams.com/artist/pianozach

  12. #12
    ...dlroW sdrawkcaB yzarC A nI... witeskyn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cornerstone of the Round Room Central.
    Posts
    3,393
    Rep Power
    107374453

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    Quote Originally Posted by witeskyn7 View Post
    There is 'something' there at the 11:40 in with the keys (ba-ba...ba ba ba..) part.

    I've never thought much about it but, Yes, there is something being said.

    Q. Could this have been some type of early vocoder device?

    (Though, I don't know that vocoders existed in 1974...by 1976, they did most definitely [see Alan Parsons
    'Tales of Mystery..' album])

    or A subliminal sung in the same key as the keyboard at the exact same time notes were played?

    Who knows really, other than those involved...Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian imig View Post
    slightly off topic here ...
    Just posting this because I like musicians to get proper credit & history is so soon forgotten ...
    First use of vocoder I know of is Mike Pinera on "Butterfly Bleu" from Iron Butterfly's "Metamorphosis" album.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTqlHt0r1k

    their absolute masterwork
    Still slightly off topic....I see the Vocoder started out back in 1928 in the Bell Labs.

    Boy was I wrong....

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=126781688


    Sorry for thread Cr*pping.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    ...That Thought Be Contact With All That's Clear , Be Honest with Yourself-
    There's No Doubt No Doubt.

    The unity of all things is experienced through the feelings.

  13. #13
    Super Mega Yesfan TwinArchers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan, United States
    Age
    54
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    82567826

    Re: Gates of Delirium--Frightening, Frightening War is so Frightening, Frightening

    I did not hear any vocals saying anything.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •