Google

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10cc

10cc

10cc have been discussed on this forum many times recently and thanks to TIM our owner my request for a thread has been granted

A fantastic and original band who sometimes went a bit proggy

Tell me about your fav prog 10cc track

I will start you off with Une Nuit A Paris

Re: 10cc

Nice one Mike!

It's hard to pick a single fave track, but Feel The Benefit must be up there ending as it does with Eric Stewart's epic guitar solo..

10cc must have been the first proper band that I got into aged about 12 or 13. Listening to their great songs and musicianship naturally led me to Yes, Rush & all. It's a pity that the original line up have never reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah68 View Post
    Tell me about your fav prog 10cc track
    Une Nuit A Paris
    This is the one i always pull for folks when i want them to hear 10cc. When it goes into "I'm Not in Love",
    everyone goes "Oh, that's 10cc" !?? GREAT band !
    "Failure to prepare is preparing for Failure"-John R. Wooden

To celebrate this new 10cc forum , here is news on a forthcoming release

TENOLOGY

Universal’s long awaited multi CD set of 10cc music also includes a DVD.
    More details as soon as we get them. It’s rumoured to be available this coming September.
    Price unknown. see… http://www.10ccmusic.co.uk

ALways liked 10cc, now only own the original motion picture soundtrack, had back in the day , how dare you, deceptive bends, a live album, can't remember the name. Plus sheet music which was a brilliant record.

I had rubber bullets on single and always use to play waterfalls, thought that was a great song. Never saw them live.

Great band, pity the original line up spilt up.

Remember an interview where they said they could never believe radio one played rubber bullets because of the line , we all got balls and chains, but some got balls and brains. They said that the censor never quite worked that line out.

One night in Paris is one of the great tracks of all time.

Insane Yesfan

'I'm not in love' is one of those handful of songs that I never tire of.

Moderating Yesfan True Believer's Avatar

Always loved 10CC. Saw them way back in Glasgow in the 70s, then again a couple of years ago in Sydney, supporting Roger Hodgson. I think only Graham was still in the band then.

Support the site server fund!

Hoping Brooklyn & Dad are together CybrKhatru's Avatar

I don't like 10cc...

I love them...

http://www.myspace.com/mattbrownhq

and the leaves turn from red to brown...til they're trodden down....

Pianist/Pandemoniumist pianozach's Avatar

I like Worst Band In The World. Brilliant.

---Pianozach---

". . . Be the change you wish to see in the world." —Ghandi

http://www.pianozach.com/ under re-construction
    http://www.macjams.com/artist/bigidea
    and a new MacJams page: http://www.macjams.com/artist/pianozach

Hoping Brooklyn & Dad are together CybrKhatru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pianozach View Post
    I like Worst Band In The World. Brilliant.
    I love that one too...

I gotta get more of their music...as of this writing all I have is The Original Soundtrack on vinyl.
    http://www.myspace.com/mattbrownhq

and the leaves turn from red to brown...til they're trodden down....

Sheet Music. A total classic!
    Paul

Prog snob

Yesfan

Anyone remember " Neanderthal Man " when they were called " Hotlegs "?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingleyhall1977 View Post
    ALways liked 10cc, now only own the original motion picture soundtrack, had back in the day , how dare you, deceptive bends, a live album, can't remember the name. Plus sheet music which was a brilliant record.

I had rubber bullets on single and always use to play waterfalls, thought that was a great song. Never saw them live.

Great band, pity the original line up spilt up.

Remember an interview where they said they could never believe radio one played rubber bullets because of the line , we all got balls and chains, but some got balls and brains. They said that the censor never quite worked that line out.

One night in Paris is one of the great tracks of all time.
    --

The live album will be "Live and Let Live " - circa 78

London (and sometimes Dharamasala, India)

10cc were the first band I ever saw live. 1975, Hammersmith Odeon, I was 13 years old and I went with my frined Sean who's mum had miraculously managed to snag us two front row seats! If I remember rightly, the tickets cost £1.50 each! The highlight of the gig was when they played Rubber Bullets in the encore and extended it into a jam. At one point Lol Creme came down to the front of the stage where Sean had placed his programme while we stood up with everyone else to strut our barely teenaged buts. As they jammed, Creme repeatedly slammed the heel of his boot into the programme. We watched him do it, and saw us watching him do it. He didn't care, and nor did we. We treasured the moment and afterwards talked about how cool it was that Sean's programme had been mashed to a pulp by Lol Creme.

The Original Soundtrack and Sheet Music are definitely my favourite 10cc albums, but then again, I've only heard a few others. I loved the cover of TOS.
    26/10/77 (Wembley); 26/10/78 (Wembley); 14/12/80 and 16/12/80 (Hammersmith); 11/7/84 and 12/7/84 (Wembley); 8/12/87 (Montreal); 23/8/89 (ABWH - Ottawa); ... The Wilderness Years ...; 16/6/04 (Wembley); 17/11/09 (Hammersmith); 17/11/11 (Hammersmith); 26/3/13, 27/3/13 and 29/3/13 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/4/14 and 9/4/14 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/5/14 (Royal Albert Hall)

Quote Originally Posted by Punj Lizard View Post
    10cc were the first band I ever saw live. 1975, Hammersmith Odeon, I was 13 years old and I went with my frined Sean who's mum had miraculously managed to snag us two front row seats! If I remember rightly, the tickets cost £1.50 each! The highlight of the gig was when they played Rubber Bullets in the encore and extended it into a jam. At one point Lol Creme came down to the front of the stage where Sean had placed his programme while we stood up with everyone else to strut our barely teenaged buts. As they jammed, Creme repeatedly slammed the heel of his boot into the programme. We watched him do it, and saw us watching him do it. He didn't care, and nor did we. We treasured the moment and afterwards talked about how cool it was that Sean's programme had been mashed to a pulp by Lol Creme.

The Original Soundtrack and Sheet Music are definitely my favourite 10cc albums, but then again, I've only heard a few others. I loved the cover of TOS.
    ---

Thanks Jon

Great story amd memories

They were my first band too ( and I come from and live in Stockport too )

My first single i ever purchased was " Life is a Minestrone " - b side being Channel Swimmer

As part of my English qualification i did a talk on 10cc and played " I'm Not in Love extra loud to attract a girl i liked in the next classroom

London (and sometimes Dharamasala, India)

Quote Originally Posted by Micah68 View Post
    ---

Thanks Jon

Great story amd memories

They were my first band too ( and I come from and live in Stockport too )

My first single i ever purchased was " Life is a Minestrone " - b side being Channel Swimmer

As part of my English qualification i did a talk on 10cc and played " I'm Not in Love extra loud to attract a girl i liked in the next classroom
    Did you get the girl, Mike? Or did she think your choice of song was a rejection? If she turned you down did you cry, or were you a big boy about it?
    26/10/77 (Wembley); 26/10/78 (Wembley); 14/12/80 and 16/12/80 (Hammersmith); 11/7/84 and 12/7/84 (Wembley); 8/12/87 (Montreal); 23/8/89 (ABWH - Ottawa); ... The Wilderness Years ...; 16/6/04 (Wembley); 17/11/09 (Hammersmith); 17/11/11 (Hammersmith); 26/3/13, 27/3/13 and 29/3/13 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/4/14 and 9/4/14 (Cruise to the Edge); 8/5/14 (Royal Albert Hall)

I love 'I'm Mandy fly me'. What a great concept for a song. Like the way the song chops and changes with ease. They've produced some very atmospheric songs.
    The TV programme:
    Coronation Street= long-running British soap opera first shown in the 1960s and created by man from Lancashire, England .
    The group:
    Yes...

Amazing band in every respect - creatively, musically, lyrically, vocally, extremely inventive, even groundbreaking in some respects and the original band were superb live. I have the eponymous first album, Sheet Music, Original Soundtrack, How Dare You, Deceptive Bends, Bloody Tourists. Some of the very best pop/art-rock ever produced.

As I think Michelle mentioned way back, parts of FFH brought to mind 10CC for me too.

I am expecting The Producers album to rock my boat in much the same way as Eric, Graham, Lol and Kevin did back in the day.
    Angelsembraceall

Great band, had the pleasure of seeing them "live" twice. Took Elaine to see them as our "first official date".

My favourite track is hard to pin down but I reckon "Second Sitting For The Last Supper" is right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caravanserai View Post
    Anyone remember " Neanderthal Man " when they were called " Hotlegs "?
    --

yes - they used the choir from my local school on the album " Think School Stinks "

and a riff from one of Hotlegs tracks has been used on the latest Producers album by Lol Creme

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast