Google

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jon Davison :)

Re: Welcome Jon Davison :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabin105 View Post
    for real?

I'm tivoing it but if this is a trick I'll be sad.
    The last thing you want to do is TIVO Bill.

Chin Up!

Quote Originally Posted by yarstruly View Post
    ...Another tribute band singer....he sounds good, but I am uninspired....
    That also happens to front one of the best new Prog bands, as well as playing bass for Sky Cries Mary.
    Beatings will continue until morale improves

www.cdbaby.com/zenpool

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    He was presumably asked to do the booked dates in April. We don't know what deal he was offered. We also don't know if he said, "F*** off," or whether he said, "Oooh, really sorry, guys, I can't do those dates, but let's talk about a reunion in the summer."

Henry
    So true.

Michael

He was presumably asked to do the booked dates in April. We don't know what deal he was offered. We also don't know if he said, "F*** off," or whether he said, "Oooh, really sorry, guys, I can't do those dates, but let's talk about a reunion in the summer."

Henry
    maybe he said Yes, maybe he said No , maybe he said nothing but it does not matter cause Janeeeeeeeeeeeee said no
    Last edited by barra1; 02-07-2012 at 02:12 PM.

In the spirit of the age DaveJB's Avatar

I'm listening to "If" while reading this thread. Jon sounds like a good singer, strong voice, can probably pull off older Yes material well. I do agree with what a number of people said here, Benoit did a good job, sort of left abruptly. I hope he got a good deal with his exit. I saw him with Yes, he was a pretty good singer too. Got to wish him the best in whatever is next. Hopefully, with JD in place, Yes comes out with some fresh new material!
    Swaha, or the Sanskrit way to say the more we know, let go

Originally from East New York, Brooklyn; now going native in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Johnston View Post

However after that they need to take stock. Jon may be technically more skilled than Benoit but singing in a North American accent he sounds more like a clone to me (a sort of standard high end rock tenor answer). Benoit for all his faults had a clean pure voice which because it was his second langauge and from a french canadian background felt and sounded right to me, a kind of received english way of singing but with feeling.
    Cargo of diamonds as you are: nothing more valuable, nothing more tough. -- Hex

She's an equal opportunity offender, a societal wildcard. You can't control her, only hope to contain her, even then she refuses to be possessed. If she were a coin, you would spend her, unwillingly. If she were an animal, you'd free her to the wilderness.

SR Mega Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonk View Post
    Take it from me having worked in the industry for more than 35 years you just cannot blow out a whole period of touring without massive problems. The tickets for this tour will have been on sale since the dates were announced and more importantly the deposits will have been paid to the band. Many bands need these deposits to set the tour up etc so short of death and even the Who toured following the death of John Entwistle then the tour will go ahead. Touring at this level just can't be postponed like a pub gig. There is a lot at stake
    Listen to this man.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the Yes news blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Henry
    All I know, and I do know this, is Jon was approached and he was not interested in even talking about it. If anyone contacted him after last week I wouldn't know about that. It is what it is and Yes just got themselves a very fine singer.

Quote Originally Posted by barra1 View Post
    maybe he Yes, maybe he said No , maybe he said nothing but it does not matter cause Janeeeeeeeeeeeee said no
    "Now, I want you to jump up in the air...and stay there--" -David Wilcox, Canadian rock/bluesman extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by 90125yes View Post
    I sincerley hope that Jon Anderson was given the opportunity to step in
    Hi Mike!

Weren't we supposed to do something to you if you posted here again? That's what you said to us in your 2nd goodbye thread. But, for me, I'm glad to have you back.
    Feed homeless animals for FREE! Just click on the PURPLE button.

"In our gardens repose the remains of those that possess beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and the virtues of man without his vices: our pets."

- Lord Byron

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by yesfannh View Post

Chin Up!

Is benoit there or not.

Right now to me yes is

Chris Squre Bass and vocals
    Geoff Downes Keyboards Vocals
    Alan White Drums Vocals
    Steve Howe guitar Vocals
    ? lead vocals

And that is it I don't know if Jon Davison is perm or not or if benoit will be back or if they well get a different singer entirely.
    Chris Squire RIP 1948-2015 thank you for every album every song every moment... the world will truly never be the same again.
    Yes is Steve Howe Geoff Downes Jon Davison Billy Sherwood an Alan White and they have my support.
    GTT

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaranda View Post
    All I know, and I do know this, is Jon was approached and he was not interested in even talking about it. If anyone contacted him after last week I wouldn't know about that. It is what it is and Yes just got themselves a very fine singer.
    I can't say as I blame him for not wanting to tour in support of FFH. I guess the real question is.....What if this tour wasn't supporting an album with which he had no connection? I wonder if he'd be interested then.
    Practice peace.

Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by barra1 View Post
    maybe he Yes, maybe he said No , maybe he said nothing but it does not matter cause Janeeeeeeeeeeeee said no
    Or Janeeeeee said, "Remember, Jon. Not a penny less than 50%."

Quote Originally Posted by yesfannh View Post

Chin Up!
    I'd love to see Benoit on the tele, but I won't be bothered to tune in to Bill O'Reilly.
    Practice peace.

Super Yesfan

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaranda View Post
    Benoit told them a few weeks ago he was done.
    I do know an effort was made to reach out to Jon Anderson which was rejected.
    Now if this is really true, to me it would imply that it's a permanent change instead of just a temporary one. I mean, you try to reach Jon Anderson, the original one, and you would have meant to say, but it's only for so and so long, because Benoit will be back then and then?? Never ever!!

Plus, it very probably nailed the lid on any likelihood of JA ever rejoining again.

Balefully Belaboured Theoberheim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vieldenker View Post
    Hi,

What I do not understand is why Anderson did not rejoin the band. By asking him, Yes made a *huge* offer, after all that has happened! JA seems very ungrateful for this offer! Also, the band seems to have needed his help, and he declined to help them! Sounds weird!

While I have grown to accept David and am an avid supporter of Fly From Here, I can completely understand why Jon Anderson did not rejoin.

First off, we only know from secondary hearsay evidece that an offer was made. While I have no reason to doubt those that have stated as such - I also have no reason to believe it. We just do not know what has gone on behind closed doors.

If he was indeed offered a chance to rejoin, it does not surprise me that the offer was rejected. Why on earth would a guy (especially Jon Anderson of all people) want to come in the middle of a supporting tour, to be a stand in, for a guy that was originally meant to be HIS stand in - and support an album that he is not even a part of to boot!!?! Jon Anderson has no need to do that.

The crux of my speculation thread - I have a sneaking suspicion that Jon Anderson will rejoin the fold - AFTER the Fly From Here tour wraps up... just my hunch (I have no factual evidence to support it).

****EDIT****
    I guess I should have said: "What Mostly Harmless said!"
    Last edited by Theoberheim; 02-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul vaughan View Post
    on note from the edge page ,a poster said he saw benoit at a gig last week talking to people,relaxing maybe he is not ill and just had enough
    I think his illness is voice related. So it's not much strain to talk but it is to sing Yes songs.

"In our gardens repose the remains of those that possess beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and the virtues of man without his vices: our pets."

- Lord Byron

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless View Post
    I'd love to see Benoit on the tele........
    Check the crowd the next time The Bruins are in Montreal.............

Quote Originally Posted by Theoberheim View Post
    While I have grown to accept David and am an avid supporter of Fly From Here, I can completely understand why Jon Anderson did not rejoin.

First off, we only know from secondary hearsay evidece that an offer was made. While I have no reason to doubt those that have stated as such - I also have no reason to believe it. We just do not know what has gone on behind closed doors.

If he was indeed offered a chance to rejoin, it does not surprise me that the offer was rejected. Why on earth would a guy (especially Jon Anderson of all people) want to come in the middle of a supporting tour, to be a stand in, for a guy that was originally meant to be HIS stand in - and support an album that he is not even a part of to boot. Jon Anderson does not need to do that.
    This pretty much sums up what I'm wiling to speculate. But do notice that I removed your last paragraph. I'd rather not even attempt to speculate as to what comes next. I'll be content to just munch on my popcorn and wait for it all to unfold.
    Practice peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Caravanserai View Post
    Or Janeeeeee said, "Remember, Jon. Not a penny less than 50%."
    One of the few things I regret about leaving modspace is I have no tools with which to figure out who you are.

- Lord Byron

Sheila

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast